Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

I went to box up the Mashie to send it to its new owner and noticed split down back where stitching had come undone on the headcover. I didn't notice it last time I used it or anything. Really weird.... since I didn't hit it much.

Played today for the first time with my M1. Shot 80 and did not putt well. The M1 is a great club. Best hybrid I've ever hit. Great sound and a nice low trajectory as you would expect with a #1 hybrid. I even used it on a long par 3 that was playing about 190 yards and after choking down about 2 inches hit it to within 15 feet of the pin. Missed the birdie putt.

Anyway my idea was to replace my woods with Mashies. The M1 replaces my 3-wood. When I can get my finances sorted out I plan to get the M2 to replace my 5-wood.

By the way, I really like the Mashie head-cover!

I finally got to see my Pops hit more than 2 shots with the M3 he has and I was more than impressed. He just kept telling me how straight the club was and man, it just fit his swing perfectly. He takes about 1/2 swing and picks the ball. Usually for him a draw is what happens but the Mashie just went straight and far. Probably in comparison one of the longest clubs in his bag. He usually lays up on Par 5's but was mentioning how aggressive he is with this club in his hand. Not really a post from me, but more from my dad through me lol.

Finally hit the Mashie last night (M3). I really liked the look and feel. Distance seemed to be about the same as my TM hybrid of similar loft. I would definetely game that bad boy. I would love to hit it off turf. Tough to judge too much off a mat.

I think a mat really hurts and hinders the performance of the Mashie. The gliderails on the bottom don't 'glide' through the mat as well as real turf and prevents the Mashie from doing it's thing

Finally hit the Mashie last night (M3). I really liked the look and feel. Distance seemed to be about the same as my TM hybrid of similar loft. I would definetely game that bad boy. I would love to hit it off turf. Tough to judge too much off a mat.

I finally got to see my Pops hit more than 2 shots with the M3 he has and I was more than impressed. He just kept telling me how straight the club was and man, it just fit his swing perfectly. He takes about 1/2 swing and picks the ball. Usually for him a draw is what happens but the Mashie just went straight and far. Probably in comparison one of the longest clubs in his bag. He usually lays up on Par 5's but was mentioning how aggressive he is with this club in his hand. Not really a post from me, but more from my dad through me lol.

good to hear it works for @dadawesome

I think a mat really hurts and hinders the performance of the Mashie. The gliderails on the bottom don't 'glide' through the mat as well as real turf and prevents the Mashie from doing it's thing

Never thought of that. I have never hit the Mashie outside, only the matts at Golf Galaxy. Might be why I wasn't a fan of the club.

I bet. That is why I need to get it out on the course. :)

I'll have my M3 in the bag at Pumpkin. Feel free to use it as much you would like.

I had a great night with the M3 last night. I used it on a 205 par 3. I was a slight down hill par 3. I hit a nice tempo shot, not to hard that landed about 20 ft from the hole. I ended up parring the hole. Thank you Mashie. The thing was, we played two holes before this par 3 and I was struggling with my shots. The Mashie came through and got me back on track for the round. I should have used the Mashie on the first hole to get in to a rhythm, put I succumbed to the driver pressure.

Skim alert- 250 pgs?

Skim alert- 250 pgs?

Hopefully my skim will be tolerated. I demo'ed the m3 and loved it, gonna get one. I didn't get a chance to try the m2 or m4 though. Right now I've got a 22.5 hybrid and the distance, flight fits fine.

My question for those that like the m3 is does the m4 play the same? Are you liking the m4 as much as the m3?

The reason I'm doing this is I'm shopping used and plan on trading a few clubs in for the mashie. M3's are hard to get but I have been seeing some m4's that I might get at a better price and the loft sounds fine by me.

Thanks in advance.

I have the M4 and M5 and love them. The M4 is easier and more consistent for me than the M3.

I have the M4 and M5 and love them. The M4 is easier and more consistent for me than the M3.
Cool... thanks KB, I like distance but I'll take consistency any day.

I've tested them all and after a month with my "Tour" version I can honestly say...

It's the best hybrid ever.

I've got the M3-M4 combo platter....I like how both play and I get about 10-15yds more with the M3 vs. the M4...very similar ball flight just a difference in distances

Hopefully my skim will be tolerated. I demo'ed the m3 and loved it, gonna get one. I didn't get a chance to try the m2 or m4 though. Right now I've got a 22.5 hybrid and the distance, flight fits fine.

My question for those that like the m3 is does the m4 play the same? Are you liking the m4 as much as the m3?

The reason I'm doing this is I'm shopping used and plan on trading a few clubs in for the mashie. M3's are hard to get but I have been seeing some m4's that I might get at a better price and the loft sounds fine by me.

Thanks in advance.

I played yesterday and the Mashies really represented! The M1 was on fire yesterday. I was struggling with the R11 off the box, so it went in to time out for a few holes. The M1 almost took the spot over. It was a fairway finder. I even had some great distances with it. If I could just get over the need to use driver feeling, I think I would pull it more often. Maybe I need one of those Swingthought bands that says "Pull the M1". The M1 was even great off the deck. I think it put me on or next to the green on 2 par 5s.

The M3 did a great job too. I don't think I had a bad shot with it all day. One of my results with it wasn't the best, but that was due to my misalignment.

All in all, the clubs are still preforming beautifully. I just need to talk myself in to going to the M1 more often off the box.

After seeing everyone hit the Mashie's well this past weekend, I just might have to give them a try. I do like my 3H already though and can hit it a mile.

After seeing everyone hit the Mashie's well this past weekend, I just might have to give them a try. I do like my 3H already though and can hit it a mile.

I bet the Mashie will beat it out. It is just a solid performer. I know every time when I pull a Mashie out of the back, it is going to be a good shot. I just need to get my aiming down.

I bet the Mashie will beat it out. It is just a solid performer. I know every time when I pull a Mashie out of the back, it is going to be a good shot. I just need to get my aiming down.

worth a shot, yeah I struggle from everywhere that isnt the rough, I seem to hook it off of the tee and sometimes top it from teh fairway due to over swinging. But out of the rough, I can smash it long and straight. But id love to have somethign to go to off of the tee when the Driver is off.

worth a shot, yeah I struggle from everywhere that isnt the rough, I seem to hook it off of the tee and sometimes top it from teh fairway due to over swinging. But out of the rough, I can smash it long and straight. But id love to have somethign to go to off of the tee when the Driver is off.

The key is don't try to over swing the Mashie. Just let it do the work and the results will be amazing. The lighter shaft helps keep the SS up during smooth tempo swings. Your results will be just as good or better than your old hybrid with a smooth swing.

It's almost taking over the M3 as the, "I know I can hit this club no matter what" club. Great to see it kicking some @ss for you dude.

I played yesterday and the Mashies really represented! The M1 was on fire yesterday. I was struggling with the R11 off the box, so it went in to time out for a few holes. The M1 almost took the spot over. It was a fairway finder. I even had some great distances with it. If I could just get over the need to use driver feeling, I think I would pull it more often. Maybe I need one of those Swingthought bands that says "Pull the M1". The M1 was even great off the deck. I think it put me on or next to the green on 2 par 5s.

The M3 did a great job too. I don't think I had a bad shot with it all day. One of my results with it wasn't the best, but that was due to my misalignment.

All in all, the clubs are still preforming beautifully. I just need to talk myself in to going to the M1 more often off the box.

Truth, justice, and the Mashie way!

The key is don't try to over swing the Mashie. Just let it do the work and the results will be amazing. The lighter shaft helps keep the SS up during smooth tempo swings. Your results will be just as good or better than your old hybrid with a smooth swing.

when it's on, the Mashie it tough to beat

It's almost taking over the M3 as the, "I know I can hit this club no matter what" club. Great to see it kicking some @ss for you dude.

Hey all,

After following this thread for some time, I finally went out and picked up an M3. Unfortunately, I could only hit into the nets at GG before purchasing. Felt good there. Solid feel at impact and I loved the look and sound. However now that I've got it out to the course, I struggle with keeping it from hooking. I worked on keeping a smooth swing and letting the shaft do it's thing, but I'm not seeing the distance I expected (getting about the same or more out of my 23˚ Nike). I'm going to take it to the range this week to see what I can work out with it. Any tips you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated. M3 with a R-flex 59G shaft.

Thanks!

Back