TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

I am thinking of putting a 3w in my bag. I really like the weight of the R11 fairway metals. The face seems really jumpy. I almost find it strange how jumpy the face feels.

If you like your R9 you will love the R11. I would get fit for the right shaft though.

Have the R11 driver, 3 wood and hybrid. Love the look, feel and distance. My only complaint is how easily the white paint chips off them, making them look almost worn out early. Anyone else find this to be the case?

Have the R11 driver, 3 wood and hybrid. Love the look, feel and distance. My only complaint is how easily the white paint chips off them, making them look almost worn out early. Anyone else find this to be the case?

I have not had any issues with the paint chipping on my Rescue. Not any more of an issue than any other club.

If you like your R9 you will love the R11. I would get fit for the right shaft though.

I liked my numbers a lot. Right now it's a toss up with the R11 and the F11 from Adams.

I got the F3 70 shaft put on the R11 today, can't wait to take it to the range tomorrow!

Has anyone ever heard of strong siding their shafts?

For some maybe buddy, but I love my R9 and I didn't enjoy the R11 at all! When you catch it right in the center of the clubface its a beast, but if you miss even a little bit you are punished something fierce. Not for me.

For some maybe buddy, but I love my R9 and I didn't enjoy the R11 at all! When you catch it right in the center of the clubface its a beast, but if you miss even a little bit you are punished something fierce. Not for me.

+1. I like almost everything about the R11, except for the lack of forgiveness. Right now my swing just isn't consistant enough for it. That's a big downer for me. I'll stick with the SuperTri till I get the Razr Hawk in the bag.

+1. I like almost everything about the R11, except for the lack of forgiveness. Right now my swing just isn't consistant enough for it. That's a big downer for me. I'll stick with the SuperTri till I get the Razr Hawk in the bag.

I hit it well from the tee pretty consistently. I have never been great with woods from the turf, but do hit the R11 well when I don't over swing. I am going to hit a few with my old R9 3w when I play again with the guy I gave it to for another comparison.

that is the exact reason i got rid of my R11 and went to the Zstar, thing was a beast when you hit it perfect but just a tad off and it punishes you horribly.

that's why I am kind of leaning towards the SF 2.0 of the F11.

Went to the range this morning with the R11 with the Fujikura F3 stiff 70 shaft. Ball goes much straighter. The blur 60 stiff is like tissue paper at the tip. Non TP TM stock shafts = garbage.

It's official after my fitting Tuesday I am in LOVE with the r11. I was killing the driver, 3w... And my new club- the 5w!!!

Eliminating a hybrid and putting the 5w in may be the best thing since lessons. I wasn't hitting hybrids well at all- then boom 5w r11 and I'm creaming it high and loong. I had one. Land at the 225 flag..

I own the r11 driver and 3 wood. The driver is great! I love the adjustability factor of it.

I've struggled with it as of late and going to a simulator later today and going to mess around with the settings of the driver to see how they affect my ball speed and shot shape.

Went to the range this morning with the R11 with the Fujikura F3 stiff 70 shaft. Ball goes much straighter. The blur 60 stiff is like tissue paper at the tip. Non TP TM stock shafts = garbage.

maybe for YOU, the stock Blur works for allot of people FYI

It's official after my fitting Tuesday I am in LOVE with the r11. I was killing the driver, 3w... And my new club- the 5w!!!

Eliminating a hybrid and putting the 5w in may be the best thing since lessons. I wasn't hitting hybrids well at all- then boom 5w r11 and I'm creaming it high and loong. I had one. Land at the 225 flag..

That's awesome CG! What shafts did they fit you with?

That's awesome CG! What shafts did they fit you with?

I'm putting it in my writeup- almost done with it! I LOVE te shafts we hit. I took generous notes so I have my thoughts on just about everything.

I'm putting it in my writeup- almost done with it! I LOVE te shafts we hit. I took generous notes so I have my thoughts on just about everything.

Awesome man, I'm looking forward to reading it.

Another round with the 4W today, it continues to impress me...a lot. In all fairness I have a tendency to over swing with both fairways and hybrids, did that once today and pretty sure I hit the ball with the ASP, it was that bad of a swing. Next 3 times I pulled the club I thought nice and slow...boom! Wonderfully low-mid ball flight that cuts right through the wind. I cut one approach which put me on the right side of the fairway, ended up being a perfect position though...and murdered the chip :( Had a recovery shot from a pulled drive into some bushes, took my drop and creamed it right down the center of the fairway.

Some speak of the fairway not being as forgiving, I don't see it, now the driver, yeah its a little different. My 4W is just as forgiving as my Nike dymo 3W, and longer to boot. This coming from a guy who hardly ever it fairway metals from the fairway prior to this club. FWIW all my settings are neutral and its blur 60 in stiff.

--
tapatalk

Another round with the 4W today, it continues to impress me...a lot. In all fairness I have a tendency to over swing with both fairways and hybrids, did that once today and pretty sure I hit the ball with the ASP, it was that bad of a swing. Next 3 times I pulled the club I thought nice and slow...boom! Wonderfully low-mid ball flight that cuts right through the wind. I cut one approach which put me on the right side of the fairway, ended up being a perfect position though...and murdered the chip :( Had a recovery shot from a pulled drive into some bushes, took my drop and creamed it right down the center of the fairway.

Some speak of the fairway not being as forgiving, I don't see it, now the driver, yeah its a little different. My 4W is just as forgiving as my Nike dymo 3W, and longer to boot. This coming from a guy who hardly ever it fairway metals from the fairway prior to this club. FWIW all my settings are neutral and its blur 60 in stiff.

--
tapatalk

Glad the 4wood and driver are working so well for ya SW FLA, i loved everything about the R11 when i was on and hit the sweet spot, you know when they come out with a 460cc version i will be all over that one next year hehe.

I hit about half my fairways today, which is great for me. I'm used to slicing the ball like crazy. But after a little tip i read about online where I put my right foot back 4 inches. With this tip, an easier grip, and smoother swing during this round I was able to turn my current slice into a fade. It worked great and gave me more confidence because my second shot wasn't out of the trees.

I hit about half my fairways today, which is great for me. I'm used to slicing the ball like crazy. But after a little tip i read about online where I put my right foot back 4 inches. With this tip, an easier grip, and smoother swing during this round I was able to turn my current slice into a fade. It worked great and gave me more confidence because my second shot wasn't out of the trees.

That is a great little tip. I still do it when I'm fighting the right side, really helps you come from the inside. Hope the trend continues buddy. Are your settings still the same as your ones from the fitting?

--
tapatalk

Glad the 4wood and driver are working so well for ya SW FLA, i loved everything about the R11 when i was on and hit the sweet spot, you know when they come out with a 460cc version i will be all over that one next year hehe.

We were talking about that today! If/when it comes out it may be the most amazing driver ever.

--
tapatalk

--
tapatalk

Glad to hear it's working well for you! When it comes to forgiveness - it really depends on what part of the club head you hit it with, in my testing. I've noticed I feel the vibration when I hit it off the toe, but if it's a good swing the ball will still get out there. When I hit it low on the club face or towards the hosel that is where I see a low nasty ball flight that lacks distance. Anywhere else on the club face seems to be just fine.

Tap before talk.

You're exactly right, anything in on the heel is way dead. That is very evident on the driver especially. I can vouch after today that the sole plate is also very unforgiving :p

--
tapatalk

I can't say I have read every post or understand what all the shaft options/selections are but most seem to be opting for various stiff options.

I have a slow swing speed (sub 90) and smooth tempo so am wondering if others with low speed swings have tested these clubs. And have you loved the clubs?

Back