Wilson Staff DXi Driver

Spoke to someone over the weekend that says that Wilson may be looking at finally adding some custom options. I really hope that their 2012 lineup considers this.

That would be a huge step in the right direction along with more retail outlets.

in terms of shafts? adjustability?

Spoke to someone over the weekend that says that Wilson may be looking at finally adding some custom options. I really hope that their 2012 lineup considers this.

in terms of shafts? adjustability?

Shafts. I dont have an issue with a company not having adjustable drivers. WIth todays level of fitting, that is for another debate.
But not having shaft options available in my opinion is almost like a crime.

that could be a big step forward. I hope their 2012 line is as good as the 2011 line, plus add the potential different shaft offerings and they could be a strong competitor in the near future.

that could be a big step forward. I hope their 2012 line is as good as the 2011 line, plus add the potential different shaft offerings and they could be a strong competitor in the near future.

Agreed, Wilson Golf is growing on me for sure. Cant wait to see what 2012 brings

I am looking forward to picking up a DXi driver when I get tired of my FT-9. The VooDoo standard shaft is a real plus. There are lots of good quality clubs to choose from, but I like Wilson Staff's lineup.

Well I played 18 today and was planning on hitting the DXI on every hole possible, had to change that strategy after the first couple of holes that required driver. Put my ball into a sandtrap, into the far rough on a dogleg, and ran out of fairway on a short par 4, none of these trouble areas were reachable by me with any driver previously. I am not saying this driver is super long, just that it is the first driver that lets me get proper length for my swing speed. Prior to this my 3wood was just a few yards shorter than my driver, I am now getting full length from every club in my bag. For the first time in years I am now hitting driver, mid iron, mid iron into long dog leg par fives and if they are straight I can play driver, five wood, wedge. I have not hit a lot of the current year drivers out there, (up to two years ago the local shop would let me demo any used club on the range, they stocked 100s of used drivers, sadly I moved away) but for me this is the most forgiving driver I have hit. And yes I sliced some and hooked some finding the limits of this driver for my swing. For $125 delivered to my door I am a happy camper. :banana:

That's great news and something that's been lacking. I hope they are seriously considering implementing this and it's not just an idea.

My $109 DXi arrives today! Can't wait to get to the range after work to crank a few and shank a few, lol

That's great news and something that's been lacking. I hope they are seriously considering implementing this and it's not just an idea.

Me too. For many serious golfers that have been fit, the brand matters little, just the results. So buying a Wilson Staff driver now means having to buy it in full and then the shaft that you like in full and have it assembled. Where as so many other companies now offer custom options for an upgrade fee. It has kept Wilson Staff out of many bags because they lack options. For many the Voodoo shaft in this driver is average at best for their game. Why play it if something else works better shaft wise that is available as an option from 5 other OEMs. That is a hard sell.

Those were some great prices posted on the previous posts. Has anyone checked with Wilson to see if they are an authorized dealer?

I hope W/S puts more shaft options into play sooner rather than later,then more golfers who are fitted for a particular shaft will learn what i already know,that Wilson Staff makes great equipment.

FedEx dropped off my DXi driver this evening. Hopefully I can hit the course and give it a go tomorrow evening!

FedEx dropped off my DXi driver this evening. Hopefully I can hit the course and give it a go tomorrow evening!

congrats! now post some pics for us

Those were some great prices posted on the previous posts. Has anyone checked with Wilson to see if they are an authorized dealer?

I just got off the phone with Wilson Golf customer service (spoke with Bob). Hurricane Golf was an authorized dealer. Their status as such was recently "revoked" due to them selling equipment at such low prices (paraphrasing Bob). But he ended the conversation with, "...although they are no longer an authorized dealer, everything listed on their website is 'real' Wilson Staff product. Not good for Wilson, but it's great situation for the customer."

Placing my order now for a 10.5° stiff driver.

I just got off the phone with Wilson Golf customer service (spoke with Bob). Hurricane Golf was an authorized dealer. Their status as such was recently "revoked" due to them selling equipment at such low prices (paraphrasing Bob). But he ended the conversation with, "...although they are no longer an authorized dealer, everything listed on their website is 'real' Wilson Staff product. Not good for Wilson, but it's great situation for the customer."

Great information!

, "...although they are no longer an authorized dealer, everything listed on their website is 'real' Wilson Staff product. Not good for Wilson, but it's great situation for the customer."

In fairness, I would assume he would have no way of knowing that. Sure they supplied X amount of products and I have no doubt that Hurricane is selling real product, but if they decided to then sell fakes, Wilson would have no way of knowing since they are not supplying the clubs anymore.

Meaning that if Wilson supplied lets say 20 drivers and Hurricane sold 25, they would not know about where the last 5 came from since they dont monitor inventory.

I figured something like this was going on, I guess Hurricane Golf is just trying to dump whatever inventory they have. Their loss is the consumers gain! I take it from your conversation that Wilson would more than likely honor any warranty work, despite it being purchased from HG.

congrats! now post some pics for us

I figured that was coming! I was planning to take some pics at the course this evening, but it looks like I won't be making it out there. Guess I'm gonna have to wait till Saturday morning... Ugh!

I figured something like this was going on, I guess Hurricane Golf is just trying to dump whatever inventory they have. Their loss is the consumers gain! I take it from your conversation that Wilson would more than likely honor any warranty work, despite it being purchased from HG.

He stated, since they sell 'real' product warranty would be honored.

And JB, I understand your thinking completely. Which is why I put real in quotes. I'm just assuming, maybe hoping, the serial number, if there is one on drivers, will check out.

He stated, since they sell 'real' product warranty would be honored.

And JB, I understand your thinking completely. Which is why I put real in quotes. I'm just assuming, maybe hoping, the serial number, if there is one on drivers, will check out.

i honestly think hurricane golf is 100% legit, i have bought from them and know others that have and everything has always been perfect with top notch customer service and very fast shipping, but in todays world there is always that possibility of fakes no matter where you go, i have heard of them even slipping in to big box stores like golfsmith, golfgalaxy, roger dunn ect...

Back