The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. Apple (Im a Mac fan) is wonderful at coming up with incredible devices and succeeded with the IPhone. They have however not been great at coming out with incredible updates to their devices each year.

They have improved some of the OS's in leaps and bounds with updates though, maybe not every update though

IOS 5 SHOULD be a huge leap forward especially considering there isn't going to be any major hardware release to go with it (unless I am mistaken)

They have improved some of the OS's in leaps and bounds with updates though, maybe not every update though

IOS 5 SHOULD be a huge leap forward especially considering there isn't going to be any major hardware release to go with it (unless I am mistaken)

I guess that is where we differ. I thought 3 was a huge leap forward. 4 was barely an update in my opinion. And 5 could be a decent update. But lets remember that a rather large portion of their updates are things that other companies have had in place for quite some time. This is no different in 5 and is what I was speaking of originally.

Its not a knock on Apple mind you, but as fans we constantly criticize other companies for making items that are similar, yet Apple is doing the exact same thing year after year after year.

I actually though 4 was a big improvement over 3 myself. Am looking forward to 5 though to see the new features

I think with Apple what we are really buying into is the reliability factor though. Very rarely do there products go wrong and if they do there CS is superb.

Very rarely do there products go wrong and if they do there CS is superb.

I guess there will be a whole lot of Apple Geniuses out of work soon then.

Love my Droid. Apple does nothing for me

I now tap while I talk

I guess there will be a whole lot of Apple Geniuses out of work soon then.

The geniuses can still be used to show people how to work there new gadgets.

I have 2 macbook pros and 2 iPhones, and have never had anything go wrong with them that I didn't cause. I can't say the same thing about standard PC's

I know there products are not bullet proof but they are far more reliable than the others in the market

With their numbering system you can tell where the main updates are in their opinion as it's always a new number for a big update, whereas just a letter or decimal added for a smaller update. Therefore 5 should be a bigger update in their opinion and I'm really looking forward to it.

My only problem with my current iPhone is how fragile they've been. I had an iPhone 3G for a year and a half and only had one problem, and only minor scratches, now with my 4 It fell out of my pocket a foot above the ground and caused a crack in the bottom corner of the screen. Luckily for me it's confined to that corner, while I've seen others who have cracks right across the screen from small drops and bumps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dropped my 4 and broke the microphone, got it replaced for free though. That is the only hardware fault I have had and it was entirely my fault.

That is the only hardware fault I have had and it was entirely my fault.

There are quite a few that would call the antennagate a hardware issue. :alien:

You mean the antennagate that Apple denied existed - hehe

Both my phones didn't suffer from it and a case/bumper resolved the issue anyway (stupid idea to place the antenna where you can cover it though by holding the phone)

There are quite a few that would call the antennagate a hardware issue. :alien:

I do, but only when I'm in a low signal area which is unfortunately at my home. Luckily at university I have great signal so I don't notice it too often! It can get very frustrating at times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an honest plea for this threads direction.
It used to be about people talking about their iphones. A new app that we should see, questions on how to do this or that. Or maybe setting up a game of Words with Friends.

Now it's become the defend my Apple Product against Microsoft/Google/Verizon thread.
I understand it's a free country, and we're allowed to talk about whatever we want. And the arguements are certainly valid. But it's the same argument that happens literally once a week. I could go back 14 pages and find the exact same posts being made.

Anyways, Iphones are great and Android sucks blah blah blah. :D

You guys should check out Hanging with friends. Its from the same guys who made Words with Friends. Its fun, its essentially playing Hangman with your buddies but it's got a fun comptetitive format.

I may check that game out, I have Words with Friends

This is an honest plea for this threads direction.
It used to be about people talking about their iphones. A new app that we should see, questions on how to do this or that. Or maybe setting up a game of Words with Friends.

Now it's become the defend my Apple Product against Microsoft/Google/Verizon thread.
I understand it's a free country, and we're allowed to talk about whatever we want. And the arguements are certainly valid. But it's the same argument that happens literally once a week. I could go back 14 pages and find the exact same posts being made.

Anyways, Iphones are great and Android sucks blah blah blah. :D

You guys should check out Hanging with friends. Its from the same guys who made Words with Friends. Its fun, its essentially playing Hangman with your buddies but it's got a fun comptetitive format.

Actually it was still about the IPhone when an IPhone user posted about the new OS and I made the same post about the new OS and what news sites were reporting about it. I was under the impression that a thread on a golf site called the IPhone thread was about all things IPhone.

No different than if we have a TaylorMade Penta thread should only people that love the ball and want to talk about getting together and playing with the ball post in the thread? I think there are different OS for different people and having used all of them (generalization) like OEM Kev has, we swap ideas and opinions on tech all the time.

Not everybody has to jump at the feet of El Jobso the minute someone has a criticism. Just like with golf products, people are allowed to love and not love all at once.

I have an iPhone 4 and an old iPhone 3G. I am soon leaving for Paris for a week, and I'm thinking of jailbreaking/unlocking my 3G so I can get a cheap pay-as-you-go SIM card to use over there. Anyone know anything about this process? Which jailbreaking software to use would be my main inquiry. Thanks!

All depends on what IOS you are running on the 3g

Classic apple. If you can't stop them join them.

Tapatalk: better on the iPad

I have an iPhone 4 and an old iPhone 3G. I am soon leaving for Paris for a week, and I'm thinking of jailbreaking/unlocking my 3G so I can get a cheap pay-as-you-go SIM card to use over there. Anyone know anything about this process? Which jailbreaking software to use would be my main inquiry. Thanks!

Just google jailbreak iphone 3g, I jailbreak'd my 3GS with "redsnow" very easy to do. I haven't done my 4 yet but probably will soon. Check out a forum called "macrumors" they have all the info you need there and it to me is a good MAC site.

Classic apple. If you can't stop them join them.

Tapatalk: better on the iPad

hehe..
Nokia is saying that all the way to the bank right now.

All iPhones bought direct from Apple are unlocked (at least in the UK they are)

Difference between the pond. Up until now, they have not been in the states. And in the past only GSM models were sold and the US has both GSM and CDMA.

Ok, gotcha, I take it then that you think the price is too steep. I paid £505 for mine direct from O2 (my contract supplier) and got Apple to unlock it for free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back