The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny stuff ary, I knew u would feel my pain since this has been an ongoing problem at duke for some time now.

Funny stuff ary, I knew u would feel my pain since this has been an ongoing problem at duke for some time now.

You're assuming that women actually go to Duke. I always thought is was a school for elitist Yankees, :p

You're assuming that women actually go to Duke. I always thought is was a school for elitist Yankees, :p

My wife begs to differ with that comment. She's pretty feisty, since she's from Texas. :)

My wife begs to differ with that comment. She's pretty feisty, since she's from Texas. :)

Well since going to college in texas is like going to elementary school in the rest of north america she had to go somewhere. Must have been tough for her to be Dukes smurfette.

Just finished a round with the OHIO THP'ers. Played with mikedean and Rxgus. Was a good day on the course.

Didn't shoot particularly well; couldn't get any putts to drop -and the short game was atrocious.

Good news is I'm hitting fairways and giving myself looks at greens. Since the fitting I'm striking my irons really well- nex weeks goal is putting practice and wedge shots.

Im loving where the irons are and the driver is performing. Tighten up ghat short game and i know I'll put y team in good positions.

I don't think so, I think this is why the bear came close to CB.

lol that was funny

Well since going to college in texas is like going to elementary school in the rest of north america she had to go somewhere. Must have been tough for her to be Dukes smurfette.

Hey now.

That's just wrong on a number of levels!

Just finished a round with the OHIO THP'ers. Played with mikedean and Rxgus. Was a good day on the course.

Didn't shoot particularly well; couldn't get any putts to drop -and the short game was atrocious.

Good news is I'm hitting fairways and giving myself looks at greens. Since the fitting I'm striking my irons really well- nex weeks goal is putting practice and wedge shots.

Im loving where the irons are and the driver is performing. Tighten up ghat short game and i know I'll put y team in good positions.

I'm jealous that you got out to play today! I'm sitting at work, checking in on here when I can. Glad to hear that the fitting at TMPL helped your game, I'm sure you'll play even better once you get the clubs with your specs on them.

That's just wrong on a number of levels!

I'm jealous that you got out to play today! I'm sitting at work, checking in on here when I can. Glad to hear that the fitting at TMPL helped your game, I'm sure you'll play even better once you get the clubs with your specs on them.

Yea I'm drooling waiting on the woods. I may not play hyrbids anymore. I hit my 5 iron 185 today- a 4 iron I could get to 195. 5 wood would e my 210 club.

Should have thought more about that before - but I was so exhausted after the fitting- I'm striking my irons so pure- and hybrids are evil. Hahaha

I'm fairness the heavier shaft in the reacue11 helped alot. I can't play the lighter weight hybrids.

Lol. And you know I never miss. Except when I miss. Hahahah.

Sometimes????? That's like saying sometimes you find the sweet spot, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After Thursday's round I was feeling pretty fat and sassy this morning and felt like kicking the hornet's nest. Shook some Hackers out of their hive, I see. I couldn't wait to get down there today as I was sure I had it going on, Esox style.

42-42. Three doubles, a triple, four bogeys, and ten pars. Flame away boys. I'd kick myself in the nuts if I could get my foot up there.

Kevin

After Thursday's round I was feeling pretty fat and sassy this morning and felt like kicking the hornet's nest. Shook some Hackers out of their hive, I see. I couldn't wait to get down there today as I was sure I had it going on, Esox style.

42-42. Three doubles, a triple, four bogeys, and ten pars. Flame away boys. I'd kick myself in the nuts if I could get my foot up there.

Kevin

84 is great, especially on your home course. No need to kick a man while he's down :p

84 is great, especially on your home course. No need to kick a man while he's down :p

Good one. That was less a kick, than nudge to start me falling down the stairs. I deserve it. Weird round. Played a number of holes just like Thursday. Good drives, beautiful approaches into the green. Some good putts for birdie that just missed. Other holes were ridiculous. I played the three par fives in four over. Hit three trees and had to drain a 10 footer for par on the triple; on one of the easiest par fours on the course. Skulled a few, hit one drive about 90 yards, another in the water, and more of the same. There was an outing in the afternoon or I would have just teed it right back up and played another 18. It was that fun.

Kevin

Good one. That was less a kick, than nudge to start me falling down the stairs. I deserve it. Weird round. Played a number of holes just like Thursday. Good drives, beautiful approaches into the green. Some good putts for birdie that just missed. Other holes were ridiculous. I played the three par fives in four over. Hit three trees and had to drain a 10 footer for par on the triple; on one of the easiest par fours on the course. Skulled a few, hit one drive about 90 yards, another in the water, and more of the same. There was an outing in the afternoon or I would have just teed it right back up and played another 18. It was that fun.

Kevin

Ah, it's just one round buddy, and it sounds like just a couple of odd shots in there. You can't shred it every time out dude, well, unless you're ddec or belbin.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Ah, it's just one round buddy, and it sounds like just a couple of odd shots in there. You can't shred it every time out dude, well, unless you're ddec or belbin.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

But you can want to shred it every time out, like ddec and belbin.

You're right, but I'm trying to turn back the clock and be the player of 25 years ago because I'm playing in this tournament in August against a bunch of long hitting younger men. It's called The Morgan Cup. lol. Actually, I played two nice rounds, but kind of backed off on the range time. I needs to hits me some more buckets.

Kevin

Kevin

you don't want to shred the course like me. Played terrible yesterday. Hoping today is better, but it likely won't be as I am going on about 3 hours of sleep.

Tappin the keg!

You're right, but I'm trying to turn back the clock and be the player of 25 years ago because I'm playing in this tournament in August against a bunch of long hitting younger men. It's called The Morgan Cup. lol. Actually, I played two nice rounds, but kind of backed off on the range time. I needs to hits me some more buckets.

Kevin

Maybe TM will provide with some of these to help
images

I kid, I kid

Hello THP'ers! I have returned safely from a relaxing week on the beach in Turks & Caicos. I didn't touch a club while I was away so I'm feeling ready (and excited) to begin the hard core practice push towards the Morgan Cup. I spent lots of time laying on the beach thinking about my game, what I need to work on to improve and, of course, day dreaming about all my beautiful Callaway equipment. By my count, it's 68 days until the Morgan Cup and I plan to use every one of them to fine tune my game for this once in a lifetime opportunity!

images

I kid, I kid

I played a Louisville Golf persimmon driver and four wood not too different from those two back in the day. and my 'cap ranged from 2 to 4 for a number of years. They were beautiful clubs, and I could maul them.

Kevin

Hello THP'ers! I have returned safely from a relaxing week on the beach in Turks & Caicos. I didn't touch a club while I was away so I'm feeling ready (and excited) to begin the hard core practice push towards the Morgan Cup. I spent lots of time laying on the beach thinking about my game, what I need to work on to improve and, of course, day dreaming about all my beautiful Callaway equipment. By my count, it's 68 days until the Morgan Cup and I plan to use every one of them to fine tune my game for this once in a lifetime opportunity!

Welcome back AHA. Sounds like you had a fun trip. Good luck with the MC grind until August.

I played a Louisville Golf persimmon driver and four wood not too different from those two back in the day. and my 'cap ranged from 2 to 4 for a number of years. They were beautiful clubs, and I could maul them.

Kevin

That's pretty cool Kevin. I remember hitting a few clubs that looked very similar to those when I was around 10 just hitting balls into a lot next to my house. I caught a hold of one and sent it over the lot and into the next yard...my family said that was enough, no more. Damn, I wish I had picked up golf and stuck with it when I was younger.

Kevin

It's just one of those bad rounds. It happens. We move on, we don't dwell, we keep playing.

images

I kid, I kid

I can remember playing with those.

Welcome back AHA. Laying on a beach sounds like a good way to spend the week.

Off to Whistling Straits in a bit. Staying over night in Sheboygan then getting on The Irish Course early tomorrow morning. I wish I was playing it. Grace has her first State PGA Junior event so I'll be a spectator. Wish her luck, she's been struggling a bit, and this is going to be a test.

Kevin

Off to Whistling Straits in a bit. Staying over night in Sheboygan then getting on The Irish Course early tomorrow morning. I wish I was playing it. Grace has her first State PGA Junior event so I'll be a spectator. Wish her luck, she's been struggling a bit, and this is going to be a test.

Kevin
That's gotta be tough on you to watch. Play well Grace!

Maybe you can do live scoring for us on OOB so we can follow along :D They make a free app that will go right on your cellular talking device.

That's gotta be tough on you to watch. Play well Grace!

Maybe you can do live scoring for us on OOB so we can follow along :D They make a free app that will go right on your cellular talking device.

Ha, what I have is a cellular talking device. That's the extent of it. No apps for me, unless they're low carb. Would love to play a practice round, but for the three of us would be close to 7 bills.

Kevin

Ha, what I have is a cellular talking device. That's the extent of it. No apps for me, unless they're low carb. Would love to play a practice round, but for the three of us would be close to 7 bills.

Kevin
Haha.

Yeah, that's a little steep. They are proud of their courses, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back