Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year it was my most used wedge too and I slowly started to use the 56* more and more. Ive found it to be less troublesome, more reliable and more versatile. I swear my wedge game improved using the 60* less.

I've done the same thing Kev. I only use the 60 now if I am right next to the green and I have to go high

Thanks guys lol. A fellow Paradisian and I have been chatting. Just kinda wondering what people do. I usually carry just one FW and even then I don't have one I use that much anymore since the M1 came around.

Thanks guys lol. A fellow Paradisian and I have been chatting. Just kinda wondering what people do. I usually carry just one FW and even then I don't have one I use that much anymore since the M1 came around.

I only carry 1 FW right now. My 3 hybrid is 19 so that kind of replaced my 5 wood. I'm leaning towards two fairways for TMC. probably a 3 and 5. Though you never know, might just be a 4 and 7 haha.

Lol. The best part is if we get paired and have to select a club for a particular shot hahahahaha.

I only carry 1 FW right now. My 3 hybrid is 19 so that kind of replaced my 5 wood. I'm leaning towards two fairways for TMC. probably a 3 and 5. Though you never know, might just be a 4 and 7 haha.

Lol. The best part is if we get paired and have to select a club for a particular shot hahahahaha.

2 classic overthinkers. They better throw us in the final pairing or we will hold everyone up

Does anyone ever use their 4i or 4h, if you have a 3i/3h and 5i/5h?

Yes, I use my 4I all the time and I play with a 3h and a 5I. I hit my 3h about 210-220 and my 5i about 175-185, so my 4i fills the gap nicely and I hit it about 190-200.

For the last few months I have been pondering a new 3-wood, as my 3-wood was quite dated. After hitting several on the monitors and contemplating what and where I would be using the club, I decided to go with the new Titleist 910 F with the Adila RIP 70x. Used it on the course yesterday and was pretty happy with its performance off the fairway.

For the last few months I have been pondering a new 3-wood, as my 3-wood was quite dated. After hitting several on the monitors and contemplating what and where I would be using the club, I decided to go with the new Titleist 910 F with the Adila RIP 70x. Used it on the course yesterday and was pretty happy with its performance off the fairway.

nice man!! You had the R9 correct?

Does anyone ever use their 4i or 4h, if you have a 3i/3h and 5i/5h?

I use my 4i quite often. I still can't grip down on the Mashie 3h and get the same results as the 4i. I also like it for punch shots.

nice man!! You had the R9 correct?

Nope, for the 3-wood I had the 8-year old Titleist 980f. It was the oldest club in my bag.

Thats an excellent ponder and cant go wrong with either one really. The CG16's are great irons that are long and easy to hit. The Zstars were pretty good when I hit them at the THP Demo day. They look as good as anything out right now.

What are your thoughts on the new CG drivers, I'm thinking my Srixon ztx is too much club for me and not forgiving enough for for where I am at.

Had a demo day at the club today. Confirmed that I'm in the market for a couple of Mashies, and also found a Cleveland 3w I liked. Wasn't really looking for irons, but as I passed by the Wilson stand the FG62's caught my eye. Fantastic looking club! In fact so much so that I just had to give 'em a try. Big mistake! They were absolutely fantastic. Found a 7i (TT S300) and it was love at first swing. Loved the forged feel and the crispness of the contact. Perfect ballflight. And such precision! Shot after shot with a perfect ball flight and exactly the same distance. It was uncanny tbh. Even went back and got myself the 4i just to try snap myself out of it. Same story. Wth?! I've never been very good with the long irons, so I thought a blade 4i would be a disaster waiting to happen.

But alas, no room in the budget for new irons, and besides I got my Mizzies not more than 6 months ago. So I'll just keep dreaming and drooling. If finances wasn't an issue I'd have bought 'em right there and then! So if you're in the market for a somewhat forgiving players iron I'd very much recommend giving the FG62's a demo.

I need to find a shaft for my S3 head. I need to find a 3W I like. I'm pondering buying some cord grips and a jumbo putter grip.

Those are really good irons Carsten. Hopefully they make your bag soon.

I have the 310 TL in my bag right now and am in love. Its light but not the lightest and the C Kua shaft is really smooth. Pretty forgiving but you should try each one in the line. They all have their different qualities and really do perform/feel differently.

What are your thoughts on the new CG drivers, I'm thinking my Srixon ztx is too much club for me and not forgiving enough for for where I am at.

+1 for the C.Kua shaft. Demo'ed the 290SL today with the 59R shaft and liked it a lot.

Those are really good irons Carsten. Hopefully they make your bag soon.
Hmm, not sure I do. Think I'm starting to display symptoms of clubho'ing. No more demo days this year!

Lol. I feel ya man. It's definitely a sickness.

+1 for the C.Kua shaft. Demo'ed the 290SL today with the 59R shaft and liked it a lot.

Hmm, not sure I do. Think I'm starting to display symptoms of clubho'ing. No more demo days this year!

don't forget guys that the C Kua is fade biased in it's construction and tipping so it's important to find the right config

I have the 310 TL in my bag right now and am in love. Its light but not the lightest and the C Kua shaft is really smooth. Pretty forgiving but you should try each one in the line. They all have their different qualities and really do perform/feel differently.

don't forget guys that the C Kua is fade biased in it's construction and tipping so it's important to find the right config

Really? I had no idea. Thanks for the learning Hanks!!

Hey guys i was hoping for some input on irons. I was thinking about getting myself a new set of forged irons. I have tried the nike vr pro combo's and really loved the feel off the face, any suggestions on other irons to try. Thanks ahead of time.

Hey guys i was hoping for some input on irons. I was thinking about getting myself a new set of forged irons. I have tried the nike vr pro combo's and really loved the feel off the face, any suggestions on other irons to try. Thanks ahead of time.

I love the AP1 710's best irons ever (for my hanidicap....) you could try the ap2's and mizunos are great also highly recommend the jpx-800's

I have now played three rounds with the white S3 driver and I think I might look at other options. I might look to the original S3 which I hit and was so happy with at the last outing, or maybe the Cleveland driver that JB recommended to me at the range via the monitor work. I will immediately change the grips on the Cleveland as I realy did not like them in Fla.

I have now played three rounds with the white S3 driver and I think I might look at other options. I might look to the original S3 which I hit and was so happy with at the last outing, or maybe the Cleveland driver that JB recommended to me at the range via the monitor work. I will immediately change the grips on the Cleveland as I realy did not like them in Fla.

What's different between the white S3 and regular S3? Just curious because I just bought a new S3 head. Can't decide on a darn shaft though.

What's your dislikes with the white s3?

I now tap while I talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back