I am one who must putt before the round, without putting 1st it seems I never get the feel for the flatstick the entire round. I hit at the range sometimes and sometimes not, when I do I only hit between 10-20 balls, it is only about loosening up not about hitting golf balls at all to me. I will loosen up by swinging a club or two always before playing.

I NEED to hit the range every time, but sometimes I just don't have the time, or the course doesn't have a range. I probably need to purchase a net for my back yard so I can swing before I go to the course. I do usually try to chip and putt, which helps, but it doesn't loosen my up like swinging on the range. I almost always play better when I hit 20-30 balls on the range before a round.

The course we play now doesn't have a range, but yes, I always like to hit a few beforehand. Now it's chipping and putting only.

I like to hit a small bucket of balls prior to a round, but I also don't often have extra time to get to the range before playing. Most of the time I play after work and am getting to the course just in time to meet my dad and tee off.

The main reason I like the range is to loosen up. But if I can't I just try and get some good practice swings in and hope for the best.

Don't care either way. If there's one there I usually visit it first, but it doesn't make my round any better or worse.

When I have time, I try to hit the range, but I never seem to notice any difference. No matter what I practice or how well/poorly I hit the ball, my first few holes are always my worst. If I hit the 1st/2nd fairway and/or green in reg, I know I'm in for a good round. I find I get a lot more out of my warm-up if I just take 20-30 full practice swings with my gw and driver, then spend extra time practising putting and pitching.

I have not noticed a direct correlation between warming up at the range and success during the round.

I pretty much need to hit balls and putt a bit before every round. Otherwise it feels awkward the first couple of holes.

Ever since going through a swing change I do. Never used to, but now I have to just to make sure I have my swing right. It doesn't always take a full bucket, and sometimes it takes more, but I try to hit some buefore setting foot on the course every time now.

Don't care either way. If there's one there I usually visit it first, but it doesn't make my round any better or worse.
I have not noticed a direct correlation between warming up at the range and success during the round.
I don't like my first full shot to be the tee ball on #1. If I hit some balls before hand, I have somewhat of an idea of how it's working that day. Although since we don't have a range, I'm getting used to guessing! haha

I pretty much need to hit balls and putt a bit before every round. Otherwise it feels awkward the first couple of holes.
I like to have an idea of where to aim on the first tee! Sucks to aim for a fade/slice and have the ball go stright into the group of trees on the left.

I definitely prefer to warm up: my muscles, my swing, short-game, putting.

I definitely like hitting a small bucket when I can. However, I often go to the course as a single and have them get me on whenever they can, which could mean right away, to a few minutes, to 45 minutes. I don't really know when someone isn't going to show up, so I don't usually hit any. As others have mentioned, it definitely means a couple of strokes lost...

I definitely need the range before a round. I tried to play today with no warmup and my game really suffered. I hit my first shot OB and thinned the next three. I never recovered from there on.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I like to hit the range too before a round. Only a small amount of balls tho - enough to warmup and not enough to mess anything up swing wise - tired/etc. Usually my 54, 9i, 7i, 3H, and driver and I always try to end on the club I'm going to use on the first tee. Then maybe some chipping - bump and runs, short flops, etc and finish with putting - only 20 or so 3 footers and 10-15 6 footers if I have the time. Basically a shortened version of my practice sessions on days I don't play on course.

I really goof myself up hitting a bucket before the round, but I need a few full shots just to limber up before a round. Thats why I keep as many shag balls I find in the bushes as I can. I take four or five ugly balls and just try to get full extension at the range and spend more time on the putting green. My range time is generally after work when I dont have enough time for a full round.

My course does not have a range, so I don't get to warm up before I play. Sometimes if it is a really important round I will drive 20 minutes to the nearest range to warm up, but then I always feel like as soon as I sit back down and drive to my course I lose the feel I got on the range. I think next year I am going to join a local country club instead of the public course I have been a part of because it is less busy and it has a range.

I will do the range about 90% of the time if it is available. I will always try and plan for an extra 45 minutes or so before the tee time so I arrive with plenty of time. I don't use it for practice really, just a quick warm up with 3-4 clubs. If I know I will be playing within the next couple of weeks, to save a little money I will buy a bucket, hit about half of them, and put the rest in a grocery bag and save for the next time.

I like to hit about 15 or 20 balls than head to the putting green for about 10-15 minutes. After that if I have time I hit the chipping/pitching area. Next week it will be 4 weeks that I haven't played a round due to an injury. My routine also helps me stretch/warmup the muscles and I hope known ever tears a muscle in there chest, it flat stinks!

I don't go out of the way to use the range. I try to stretch my legs and back before a round to make sure I'm loose. I also try and get a good little putting/chipping session in, this will help me get a feel from what the greens will hopefully be like later in my round. A quick trip to the putting greens before my round has easily saved me a few strokes.

Usually, I do hit a few. The last time I ran straight to the first tee about three weeks ago, I shot 76 with a double-bogie on the LAST hole. Guess I should skip warming up more often.

The only time I go to the range before playing is if the first tee is backed up a little. The range is near, so I may go over and hit a few balls but I normally don't go to the range first.

I have to warm up before a round. Not only to loosen up my body but to help find my swing. Chances are it's been a while since I have played a full round (I practice much more than I play) so I am always trying to find my swing before a round.

I need to, but never get to, I do notice the rounds that I hit the range, I tend to drive the ball better off of the tee....obviously didnt happen this weekend

In a perfect world I would always go to the range before hand but that rarely happens because a range isn't close to the course or there isn't enough time before hand. I have tried to counteract this by getting very loose at home before I get to the course so I am not as tight on the first tee.

Small bucket for sure and then a good handful of chips, pitches, and putts. Several guys in my regular group can walk up to the first tee and away they go, I'm just not one of them.

Back