Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found this thread so i gots two to post :)
Messing around in practice (hs golf team) approach went long into rough...thought i hit a horrible chip until it rolled left, then right, then IN! haha first chip in!

My other one wasn't that great but just rather cool...full pitching wedge my 100 yard club...i don't normaly get much spin or anything but i walk up there and start looking for my ball mark...well right next to my ball was the deepest ball mark ive ever seen ....like half my ball went down and it wasnt even a wet day....my ball luckly popped out of the divot...idk i just thought that was rather cool..:D

165 yard par 3 into the wind. Hit a perfect 6 iron to 5 feet short of the hole....missed the birdie putt (one of my veyr few misses within 10 feet on the day). On a good note, hit an 8 iron to 10 feet on a different par 3 and made the putt....go figure!

9th hole par 4, 375 yard dogleg left. I duff my drive after trying to draw it left. I'm left with about 250 to the green. I pull the 3W and let it fly. Flushed the ball, landed about 5 yards short and rolled to within 10 feet of the pin. Too bad I proceed to 3 putt. :angry:

Walked 9 practice holes today. 213yd two tiered par three=4iron cut to about 20 feet after being asked to play through.

chipped in from 10 yds off the green for par...lost a ball in the woods off the tee so could have been an eagle =/

Today, I had 2 amazing shots on a par 3 course. I have brand new JAWS Wedges that I have never gotten to the course, only the range. First hole played 115. Took a little off my 54* and parked it 2 feet from the hole, made birdie. On the 8th hole, I came up way short. Had 40 yards left out of some fluffy rough, and the ball was sitting up perfectly. Opened the face of my 58* up a little, and hit it perfectly. Landed 4 feet past the hole and backed it right in. Very fun round for me, and I don't think those wedges will ever leave my bag.

Congrats Diane, chip ins seem to come in pairs or threes with me. You may be due one or two more very soon.

Today's best was a big 3w off the tee. 227 yds to a nice flat spot. Good setup for a bird on an easier par 4.

This is a great thread, gets me excited about fitting in more range and course time.

This weekend I pured a 8 Iron into a 137 yard par 3. Hit the bottom of the flag and ricocheted out of the cup. I've been playing that course since the early 90's, first time that's happened and is the closest I've been to a hole-in-one.

...unforunately the ricochet put the ball into a muddy patch 10 feet off the green. One chip over the green to dry land, chip two to 4 feet and one putt to close the hole. :dohanim: Everything past hitting the cup is hazy and already fading from memory!

60 degree open face lob wedge out of the sand hole-out for birdie on a par 3. I opened that face and hit down hard, all I see is sand, I hear the pin, and just as the sand settles I watch my ball fall into the cup. I was 1 over on the back 9 there for an 83.

Today, I had 2 amazing shots on a par 3 course. I have brand new JAWS Wedges that I have never gotten to the course, only the range. First hole played 115. Took a little off my 54* and parked it 2 feet from the hole, made birdie. On the 8th hole, I came up way short. Had 40 yards left out of some fluffy rough, and the ball was sitting up perfectly. Opened the face of my 58* up a little, and hit it perfectly. Landed 4 feet past the hole and backed it right in. Very fun round for me, and I don't think those wedges will ever leave my bag.
I love the feel of new wedges! Fresh grooves can't be beat!

This is a great thread, gets me excited about fitting in more range and course time.

This weekend I pured a 8 Iron into a 137 yard par 3. Hit the bottom of the flag and ricocheted out of the cup. I've been playing that course since the early 90's, first time that's happened and is the closest I've been to a hole-in-one.

...unforunately the ricochet put the ball into a muddy patch 10 feet off the green. One chip over the green to dry land, chip two to 4 feet and one putt to close the hole. :dohanim: Everything past hitting the cup is hazy and already fading from memory!
I feel your pain. I whiffed an eagle chip recently!

60 degree open face lob wedge out of the sand hole-out for birdie on a par 3. I opened that face and hit down hard, all I see is sand, I hear the pin, and just as the sand settles I watch my ball fall into the cup. I was 1 over on the back 9 there for an 83.
Great shot & score!

I drove the green on the 3rd hole at Cordova Country Club today! 6 ft later I had my first Eagle on a par 4!

167 yds to middle of green. In left rough, under tree cover. Creek running across fairway guarding green with lake to right of green. The ONLY shot I had was to take dead aim at the lake and hook the ball (hopefully) to the green. 7-iron, kept it low, as soo as it cleared the tree limbs it rose just right and with just enough draw spin, began turning towards the pin. I felt like Tiger in last years Master's when he hit that snap hook and then ran to fairway to watch it. Shot was a little long but on the green. Shot was all risk and little reward... not often you purposely take dead aim at a hazard.

My best shot was probably a putt. It was a 20-25 footer uphill left to right to save bogey. It was a great putt to cap off an ugly hole.

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

I hooked my drive on the No. 8 par 4 and was left with about 162 to the green. No big deal, right? The lie was about four or five inches below my feet, on the sidehill off the rough before entering a bunker. Took out my 9i and put it about 20' from the hole. Two putted for a bogey 'save'. Could have been a lot worse.

I hooked my drive on the No. 8 par 4 and was left with about 162 to the green. No big deal, right? The lie was about four or five inches below my feet, on the sidehill off the rough before entering a bunker. Took out my 9i and put it about 20' from the hole. Two putted for a bogey 'save'. Could have been a lot worse.

162 yd 9 iron from the rough with a down/side hill lie? That's Dustin Johnson like distance.

Last edited:
I live in the mountains of Colorado. So, a club and a half/two or so for me from sea level. Other than that, yeah, I was surprised with the outcome. Aimed a bit more to the left and made solid contact in a favorable lie in the rough. Oh yeah, saved par, not bogey, on that hole.

Last edited:
(edit: I'm a lefty) I have a natural slice, so when I'm faced with a dog leg left, it's great because I can basically forget everything I know about the golf swing and just swing my driver freely as I naturally would want to every time. So I'm at a reachable par 4 that dog legs left, but looking down the fairway I have to keep it to the right of overhanging trees, followed by trees on the right that overhang. So I needed to be perfect. And gosh darnit, I was. My playing partners absolutely could not believe what they witnessed. I over drove the green unfortunately (260 yds away) b/c I had never played the course before and couldn't even see the damn green from the tee. Later in the round (9 hole course with different tees for 10 - 18) it was a par 3 176 away. Took a 5 iron and hit the green with another fade but it rolled off the back.

Other shots I was super proud of. A big slice with my 3 wood on a par 5. I literally had to pull off damn near a backwards C slice with my shot and the ball probably traveled 250 yards total to the fringe.

I got a lot of respect from my partners who had only seen me play par 3's at our weekly game at the local executive course.

2 chips from around the green today were the highlights of the round. Both with my 56* and both stuck to tap in range

drive on the very first hole was my best shot of the whole day... every shot after that wasnt as good

Found the sand on the number 3 par 3 - short, horseshoe bunker runs in front/side of it. Found it and had a good lie - uphill tall bunker walls with about 14' of green to work it. Stuck it to about 5' away. Didn't make the putt but shots like that have killed me in the past. Felt good to get out.

On the #1 HC hole, 450 yrd par 4, I was 180 out in the fairway but had a sidehill lie with the ball 4-5 inches above my feet. I decided to choke up on a 5i and play a big cut, even though it was a hook lie. I played it perfect and it stopped about 6 ft from the hole and I made a rare birdie on a tough hole.

Short-sided chip in, from heavy rough, for par, on the last hole.

I'm not a real long hitter but I hit 2 drives about 280 yards yesterday. I would say those were the best shots of my round unfortunately :sad:

Drilled a Mashie M4 from 195 out with some wind to my back to within 7'. Ended up tapping in for par.

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back