A few funny things I saw floating around last night on Twitter and Facebook:

Dos Equis Man: LeBron doesnt always choke, but when he does, he prefers to do it in the playoffs.

http://www.prosebeforehos.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/lebron-cries-like-a-b*tch.jpg

Retweet if you have as many championship rings as LeBron.

Someone should declare tomorrow LeBron James Day. Everyone gets to leave work 12 minutes early.

A few funny things I saw floating around last night on Twitter and Facebook:

Dos Equis Man: LeBron doesnt always choke, but when he does, he prefers to do it in the playoffs.

http://www.prosebeforehos.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/lebron-cries-like-a-b*tch.jpg

Retweet if you have as many championship rings as LeBron.

Someone should declare tomorrow LeBron James Day. Everyone gets to leave work 12 minutes early.

haha I think everyone on my twitter feed got into that one. Excellent burn.

I'm no Lebron fan (far from it), but ...

He failed in the playoffs - so what? How many US Ryder Cup golfers "choked" during competition? How many baseball players failed to play up to their talent during post-season play? We can go on and on.

I think with a little personal humility and less media-blast, his move to Miami, and his play during the playoffs would have been better accepted by the public. Talent-wise, there is no team in the NBA that would not love to have him on their roster.

He'll be back, and he'll win some championships, and maybe he'll learn something from this year. JMHO

I'm no Lebron fan (far from it), but ...

He failed in the playoffs - so what? How many US Ryder Cup golfers "choked" during competition? How many baseball players failed to play up to their talent during post-season play? We can go on and on.

I think with a little personal humility and less media-blast, his move to Miami, and his play during the playoffs would have been better accepted by the public. Talent-wise, there is no team in the NBA that would not love to have him on their roster.

He'll be back, and he'll win some championships, and maybe he'll learn something from this year. JMHO

I am pretty sure that's the point though. He was a giant douche about his move. Every nickname he's ever given himself makes him out to be greater than everyone else, and he puts himself on a pedestal on a daily basis, including in media coverage last night when he talked about how much better his life was than the people who were rooting against him.

He's a douche. And douchey people deserve to get what he's getting right now.

Muhammed Ali declared himself "the greatest," and mocked his opponents during pre-fight press conferences, and during actual fights. Yet he is now revered by many as an American ambassador and was asked to carry the torch during an Olympic ceremony.

I don't believe the "Once a douchebag, always a douchebag" philosophy. I tend to think people can change, and that mistakes made during someone's early years (and yes, twenties are early years) can be overcome. Again, just my humble opinion, and my last comment on this.

I am pretty sure that's the point though. He was a giant douche about his move. Every nickname he's ever given himself makes him out to be greater than everyone else, and he puts himself on a pedestal on a daily basis, including in media coverage last night when he talked about how much better his life was than the people who were rooting against him.

He's a douche. And douchey people deserve to get what he's getting right now.

Quoted for TRUTH!

Muhammed Ali declared himself "the greatest," and mocked his opponents during pre-fight press conferences, and during actual fights. Yet he is now revered by many as an American ambassador and was asked to carry the torch during an Olympic ceremony.

I don't believe the "Once a douchebag, always a douchebag" philosophy. I tend to think people can change, and that mistakes made during someone's early years (and yes, twenties are early years) can be overcome. Again, just my humble opinion, and my last comment on this.

I think it's a perfectly logical opinion, and for the mot part I agree. That said, he hasn't turned the corner. His attitude and comments after the game last night, his mocking cough of Dirk after game 5.. It all falls in line with his overall attitude.

I'm sure if he hadn't gone on National TV to screw Cleveland over at the last possible second, and continued to make idiotic comments throughout the year and the playoffs, lots of people in Ohio etc would not even have tuned in to last nights game. But he hasn't, and as long as he's spouting foolishness, they'll probably continue to celebrate his failures. Because why not?

Seriously???? Ali WAS "the greatest" though and beat those opponents he mocked most of the time. Also, boxing is a completely different beast when it comes to trash-talking compared to actual team sports. Another thing I'd like to add is those were much different times when Ali was doing what it was he was doing. I don't feel we need to get into all the intricacies of it, but I find your post to be very incorrect in my personal opinion.

"Seriously???? Ali WAS "the greatest" though and beat those opponents he mocked most of the time. Also, boxing is a completely different beast when it comes to trash-talking compared to actual team sports. Another thing I'd like to add is those were much different times when Ali was doing what it was he was doing. I don't feel we need to get into all the intricacies of it, but I find your post to be very incorrect in my personal opinion."

1. Ali really beat Sonny Liston for the title?
2. Ali is "arguably" the greatest boxer.
3. There's no trash talking in pro basketball - a team sport?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if they think mine is "incorrect." Good arguments and discussions are what make this forum what it is.

Winning dramatically changes how the media/people/sponsors perceive you. One of the biggest aholes in the NBA is MJ. But when you have 6 championships folks overlook a lot of things.

Winning dramatically changes how the media/people/sponsors perceive you. One of the biggest aholes in the NBA is MJ. But when you have 6 championships folks overlook a lot of things.
MJ may have been and still is a jerk, but he's a winning machine. The fact that he won so many championships is unchanged just because he may have been the world's biggest jerk. (Man, I sound like Sheen!!!)

MJ may have been and still is a jerk, but he's a winning machine. The fact that he won so many championships is unchanged just because he may have been the world's biggest jerk. (Man, I sound like Sheen!!!)

IceyShanks - I think we're violently agreeing .....

IF Lebron and the Cav had won in '07 Vs Los Spurs he would of been viewed in such a different light. Local boy makes good and bring a championship to Ohio. And let's say, The Decision still played out the same way and he took his talents to South Beach, he's now going for his 2nd championship. We'd be saying what a great player who has helped 2 separate franchises reach their potential. Instead, what we get is he's selfish and DB. What has been said by MJ, Larry Bird, etc ... is as bad if not worse than what Lebron is saying today. The difference is the hardware.... or lack of hardware.

I know He's hated in Ohio, But this just seems like a dick move too:
BTW This is a real resolution from the Governor of Ohio.

http://governor.ohio.gov/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=lveQuvgwy7Q%3D&tabid=74

COLUMBUS, Ohio - From the start of the NBA Finals, Clevelanders embraced the Dallas Mavericks as their adopted team—the Mavaliers.

After the Mavs 105-95 victory over LeBron James and the Miami Heat on Sunday, Ohio Gov. John Kasich gave the Mavs an official recognition from the state.

Kasich issued a resolution declaring the Mavericks and their fans as “Honorary Ohioans” for the day.

In the resolution, Kasich credited the Mavericks for their display of “loyalty, integrity and teamwork essential to victory.”

He also pointed out that Finals MVP Dirk Nowitzki “chose to re-sign with the Dallas Mavericks in the summer of 2010, forgoing free agency and keeping his talents in Dallas, thus remaining loyal to the team, city and fans for whom he played his entire career.”

IceyShanks - I think we're violently agreeing .....

IF Lebron and the Cav had won in '07 Vs Los Spurs he would of been viewed in such a different light. Local boy makes good and bring a championship to Ohio. And let's say, The Decision still played out the same way and he took his talents to South Beach, he's now going for his 2nd championship. We'd be saying what a great player who has helped 2 separate franchises reach their potential. Instead, what we get is he's selfish and DB. What has been said by MJ, Larry Bird, etc ... is as bad if not worse than what Lebron is saying today. The difference is the hardware.... or lack of hardware.

I agree, the difference is the lack of hardware. I heard an interesting take on ESPN radio today about how Lebron is more like Pippen than Jordan. It was interesting to hear, but I'm sure next year will be entirely different, but even if it's not we will all still be talking about the Heat!

One i heard was: Now we know why Lebron didn't go to college...he never shows up for the Finals!

Bird was a tough, hard nosed competitor and he did say a good many irritating things along the way. Jordan was a tough hard nosed competitor as well. However neither left a city in his wake and **** on them on the way out the door. What does leaving the people of Cleveland the way Labron did have to do with what is said between competitors? I suppose the people of Cleveland are the everyday people that King James is referring to that have to go back to their crummy lives the next day while he continues with his life of leisure, unaffected.

He cares not one iota about having lost to the Mavs. The Finals series was in his rear view mirror about one minute after it was over. I don't think I have ever seen such a disingenuous dissertation on the pain of losing than King James gave at the post game press conference. It would be nice to see him learn from his mistakes or from his trials but he lets none of it reach him on his throne.

Lets face it, he is more of a jerk today than he ever was. Nobody forced Labron to promise seven championships to the people of Miami. Nobody forced him to leave Cleveland and without doubt nobody forced him to piss on half the human race on his way out the door.

Labron is a joke, a clown. He is a man with incredible physical and athletic skills doing about as little with them as he possibly can do. He may not be the best player on the Heat, let alone the best player of his generation or the best player in the league.

Labron was the architect of this entire Miami fiasco and it has become painfully clear to anybody with a pair of eyes that unless the NBA starts playing its games with two live basketballs, the Miami Heat "team" is and will remain a colossal failure. That's right they are a failure in terms that Labron himself defined for them. They got as far as they did this year on their individual athletic ability in spite of their complete lack of anything resembling team play and in the end got crushed by a team full of old guys with one superstar. This "team" will not be kept together long enough to win a championship. League experts are already talking about the Heat trying to find a way to trade either Wade or James (I don't think anybody cares which one) for Howard so that the result would be a more balanced team or an actual team for that matter.

As for James himself, he will not be on a championship team unless he is sort of the side kick. He cannot be the soul of a team like Kevin Garnet is. He cannot be the leader of a team like Kobi is. He cannot be Mr. Clutch like Dirk is for the Mavs. He will only be on a championship team if he allows himself to be somebodies second fiddle. I don't see that happening. At least having Labron around will be good for a laugh for as long as he is in the league. It will be a shame for whatever team stuck paying the king of comedy and NO I don't think any team would be happy to have him. He has lost a ton of credibility throughout this fiasco and he better enjoy his Miami deal. I think it will be the last of its kind for him. He is fast becoming an NBA version of Randy Moss, somebody that will get a deal from a team under a set of defined circumstances and if he does not like those I suspect nobody will be lining up to bring him on for megamillions after his Miami contract is done. He will get paid to play but God only knows how much baggage he will be carrying around by the time he is done in Miami If he is not traded before his contract is finished. The NBA is bleeding red ink anyway and the new CBA is going to force changes on players in the main as owners have nowhere to go. Heck they all own a piece of Carolina as they can't find a buyer for it. How many guys do you think would be lined up to by an NFL franchise if it were available?

Given the financial straights that the league is in, I don't think there will be much tolerance for Labron's antics over time. If he wants to play and shut up I suspect he will be fine. If not, maybe the whole league would pay Labron's contract just to have somebody around to hate. He fills that role admirably well and I am sure he would fill seats just to rain hate down on him. I just don't know how you draw up a play for "hated guy" as I am not sure if that is the 4 or the 3. But then again, the Heat don't run plays anyway. Play's aren't Labron's cup of tea.

Now to be fair, Lebron is only 26. The best joking and humor is good-natured. Look at Dwight Howard, the guy is hilarious and he never (for what that word it worth) comes across as a poor sport or condescending. Lebron (and Wade to some extent) not only direct their enmity at opposing players in a mocking way, but they also direct it at the fans. There is a unspoken truth between professional athletes and fans: We will pretend like this matters as long as you do. As soon as you become ungrateful for your position, especially when you lash out at us, the fans, we are reminded, professional sports is just entertainment. It does not actually matter. (economic/job discussion aside)

Now, we love to see the mighty fall, be humbled and rise as a better person. If Lebron can do this, he will find a deeper redemption, because an honest change is the most rewarding. Obviously he isn't a completely bad dude, he's charitable and when not under control of his emotions, thoughtful. The measure of a man isn't when things are great, but when things have gone to pot. In his spoiled world, things have gone to pot. If he has it in him, works hard over the summer to build a post-up game (seriously, why doesn't anyone bring out the SkyHook or BabySkyHook again?), recognizes that some of the stuff he said was insulting to the fans who pay to watch him, pay for his jerseys, shoes, etc., and doesn't pretend like his whole world is just basketball and bottle service, the fans will embrace him.

Until then, he's douchey mcdouchebag.

Last edited:
LeBron has proved himself to be a fraud. Either that or David Stern told him to tank this series because the league owes one to Dallas since the refs screwed them out of one in 06 because the refs unanimously hated Cuban for his meddling in their business. Not sure which is the case. If LeBron comes back next year and blows through the payoffs averaging 35 with a triple double then we will know. I find it very suspicious that the Cavs got 2 high picks in the 'lottery' the year after LJ leaves them.

Being a Lebron fan i'll give you that one it is a good one but ouch haha

LeBron has proved himself to be a fraud. Either that or David Stern told him to tank this series because the league owes one to Dallas since the refs screwed them out of one in 06 because the refs unanimously hated Cuban for his meddling in their business. Not sure which is the case. If LeBron comes back next year and blows through the payoffs averaging 35 with a triple double then we will know. I find it very suspicious that the Cavs got 2 high picks in the 'lottery' the year after LJ leaves them.

Congrats you just won the next THP contest of the tin foil hat.

catintinfoilhat.jpg

JB has an endless supply of pics and videos that make you just cringe

Back