Contours v. Dryjoys?

Snyperx

Reaction score
Handicap
35.3L
Looking at picking up a new pair of FJ's on the bay. I am looking at a pair of Contours and a pair of Dryjoys. I currently have a pair of Greenjoys that are very comfortable. I can buy blind since I know like clockwork that I am a 11.5 medium.

Out of the two shoes I listed which are better? I am leaning toward the Contours at the moment (a bit cheaper).

Contours
!B6fTr4QCGk~$(KGrHqQOKiIEy(I,7K6MBM)eD-qi0g~~_1.JPG

Dryjoys
2011_us_53754

Contours are sweet

My vote is for the Contours.
I tried them both on while shopping for golf shoes and the Contour was easily the most comfortable shoe (of any brand) that I tried on.
Of course part of the reason for this is that I wear an 11 wide and the width of the Contour seemed more generous than that of the Dryjoys and most other brands as well.

I have two pairs of each and the contours are much nicer to wear, also I find the dryjoys heavier and they feel a little higher. It should be noted that these are both a couple of seasons old, so they have likely changed a little, the dryjoys also feel a little higher to stand in. For what its worth, both of these are ordinary compared to the Adidas Adipure z (on my feet anyway). I hope this helps.

Dave

I really am in the minority in that I find both pairs extremely uncomfortable compared to some other brands. But if I had to choose between the two, it would be the DryJoys as the Contours have known squeaking issues for some and the leather feels hard and cheap to me.

I have both and your feet will like the DryJoys better, especially after a year or two. Granted, the ones I have have are a few years old, so maybe they have improved. But the contours I had, I got rid of after two seasons of limited use simply becuase they were so uncomfortable to wear for 18 holes. The DryJoys I have are still in the rotation.

Contours for all weather, Dryjoys for clean dry courses. I love my contours, I have had none of the issues that JB has mentioned. If you have high arches or any feet issues I could not recommend them highly enough.

I went for the contours. I have not had any issues with my Greenjoys and for the price I got on the Contours I couldn't pass on them ($60 shipped).

My Contours are great, but when I sweat they do get a bit of the "foot fart" sound going. Some might call it a squeak...but it's a foot fart.

I went for the contours. I have not had any issues with my Greenjoys and for the price I got on the Contours I couldn't pass on them ($60 shipped).

Good choice - I have a pair of Contours and have enjoyed them so far with no issues. Walked 18 yesterday with them and never once thought about my feet.

I'll take a pair of Adidas any day. I know the old school love the FJ but Ive never been all that impressed.

Right out of the box, Contours. After a few rounds, DryJoys. I loved the contours walking around in the store, but that nice tennis shoe feel broke down after awhile. When I won my pair of shoes in the X-mas contest I decided to give the DryJoys a shot and they have been very nice and sturdy. Few too many creases from walking on the top, but they are as solid as the day I got them.

I'll take a pair of Adidas any day. I know the old school love the FJ but Ive never been all that impressed.

The thing about the Adidas shoes that I looked at is they all look like soccer shoes and not golf shoes. I just don't like the styles of any of the Adidas shoes:-(

Last edited:

I take it that you don't have very wide feet. I like the looks fo the Adidas but have never found a golf shoe (even in a wide) that felt even remotely wide enough.

I really am in the minority in that I find both pairs extremely uncomfortable compared to some other brands. But if I had to choose between the two, it would be the DryJoys as the Contours have known squeaking issues for some and the leather feels hard and cheap to me.

I've never noticed the squeaking issue, but could see how it might be possible given the soft inside of the shoe. As for the leather, I felt that the leather on my contours (2010 model) was rather soft when compared to the other shoes I tried in the under $100 range.

Contours for all weather, Dryjoys for clean dry courses. I love my contours, I have had none of the issues that JB has mentioned. If you have high arches or any feet issues I could not recommend them highly enough.

I have high arches and wide feet so perhaps this is why I like my contours so much. I've had mine for over a year now, playing a considerable amount of golf in that time, and my contours are still as comfortable as they were the day I bought them. Heck, they are probably 2nd in comfort only to my crocs. My lone complaint about the contours is that laces need to be 2 - 3" longer.

That is a great deal on a great shoe! Hope you enjoy them and get many rounds out of them.

Contours have known squeaking issues for some and the leather feels hard and cheap to me.

Wow, never heard this or experienced this with Contours or any Foot Joy shoe. JB, what shoe do you prefer?

I have the FJ Countours and love them, leather feels good and they dont squeek at all

Back