Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If youre anywhere near Philly Ill do it for free for you. Id hate to see someone spend $150 on a fitting.

Trying to decide on 1 ball to play all summer (so I can figure myself out...) Looking for a good value/decent ball. Thinking either Noodle+, Pinnacle Dimension, Top Flite Gamer V2 (though leary of TFs due to past experiences), or maybe the good ol Callaway Warbird.

Thoughts?

Taylormade Tour Burner. Best budget ball you can find.

Trying to decide on 1 ball to play all summer (so I can figure myself out...) Looking for a good value/decent ball. Thinking either Noodle+, Pinnacle Dimension, Top Flite Gamer V2 (though leary of TFs due to past experiences), or maybe the good ol Callaway Warbird.

Thoughts?

I second that TM ball.. I've purchased them a bunch of times when my game gets a bit loose and I feel like using a mid-low end ball with SOME quality still in tact.

Hard to beat it for 20-22 bucks.

Thoughts?

Vapor Speed, e5/e6, W/S C:25, Callaway Diablo, Srixon ad 333 (or something like that.) Anyplace nearby for a quick fitting?

--
tapatalk

Anyone got any suggestions on fairway woods? I currently have TM v-steel strong 3 and 4. I typically buy two woods like this when I switch and change them in and out depending on the courses I am playing.

Anyone got any suggestions on fairway woods? I currently have TM v-steel strong 3 and 4. I typically buy two woods like this when I switch and change them in and out depending on the courses I am playing.

IMO those were the best ones ever made. Please pm me when you buy new ones, I know a ton of people who will take them off your hands.

Lots of great fairways out there right now. I personally like the Cleveland Ultralites.

I just bought a 15* Z-Star with the Dromos in it to end my 3 wood search.

F2G I've only hit the driver but if the FW is as good, that club has to be ridiculous. The Clevelands Hawk mentioned are great and if you can find the right Miyazaki shaft you're going to be good to go. I have to throw out how good the Diablo Octane is as well. Super easy to hit and crazy long. Worth checking out.

I really want to try out the Octanes.

The Nike VR 3W is legit too.

I completely agree. I was blown away by this ball during the blind testing

It was definitely worth it. I wasn't a huge fan of the driver but that couldve been the shaft. So when I hit these and was blown away, definitely color me surprised.

I really want to try out the Octanes.

I completely agree. I was blown away by this ball during the blind testing

Id throw the Callaway Diablo Tour ball up against this one. Better distance and just as good feel, IMO

Id throw the Callaway Diablo Tour ball up against this one. Better distance and just as good feel, IMO

Really? I will have to check it out. I like to party and I like distance. In that order

Really? I will have to check it out. I like to party and I like distance. In that order

The Diablo Tour Ball is definitely worth checking out CL. I have used it quite a bit the last 6 weeks or so.

The VR Pro? I didn't have much luck with the original VR.. May have to give the new one a shot.

Yeah I really like the new VR Pro stuff. Give it a whack somewhere and see what you think.

I second that TM ball.. I've purchased them a bunch of times when my game gets a bit loose and I feel like using a mid-low end ball with SOME quality still in tact.

Hard to beat it for 20-22 bucks.

I would personally step up a few dollars to the e5 though. Outstanding golf ball.

Yeah I really like the new VR Pro stuff. Give it a whack somewhere and see what you think.

I hit the new VR Pro driver but have never really been a fan of the Project X shaft, or the MASSIVE sound coming out of that thing on contact.. If you're right about the 3w, it may find a spot in my bag this year, as I am dedicated to de-Titleist'ing by fall.

I would personally step up a few dollars to the e5 though. Outstanding golf ball.

The e series is fantastic, as noted by my signature that I would be bound to say that.

With that said, 24 for 40 is better than 24 for 54, if you're focused on a budget.

The Diablo Tour Ball is definitely worth checking out CL. I have used it quite a bit the last 6 weeks or so.

I love the Diablo Tour. I coerced a buddy into hitting one couple weeks ago and he was quite surprised at how quickly the ball got small. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back