Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've needed a new driver for quite some time and have hit just about all popular new models. I've even had a chance to hit the Srixon Z-Star. The purchase has been narrowed down to the Srixon and the Cleveland SL 290....but having serious problems with over analysis here.

I've needed a new driver for quite some time and have hit just about all popular new models. I've even had a chance to hit the Srixon Z-Star. The purchase has been narrowed down to the Srixon and the Cleveland SL 290....but having serious problems with over analysis here.

If you have the ability, try them out but with a trackman so you can see which one that gives you best numbers. Might help your decision.

Tappin' for world peace!

I don't do a lot of pondering these days, but I've been thinking about adding another xFT or two to my bag. Also, the 17° Cleveland fairway wood, though I'd really like to try out the Diablo Octane first. All my clubs from my hybrids through my 50° are as good as I've had in a long time.

pondering a ball switch....played with the Bridgestone 330-RXS yesterday and had one of my most accurate rounds from the tee box and from the fairway in a long time

I like when Hawk ponders.

I love Cleveland Woods but the Octane is ridiculously awesome. Hopefully you get to try one soon dude. Loved it.

I don't do a lot of pondering these days, but I've been thinking about adding another xFT or two to my bag. Also, the 17° Cleveland fairway wood, though I'd really like to try out the Diablo Octane first. All my clubs from my hybrids through my 50° are as good as I've had in a long time.

I wish I had the discipline to just play one ball like you my friend. I saw your round in the WDYS thread, why the hesitation on switching?

pondering a ball switch....played with the Bridgestone 330-RXS yesterday and had one of my most accurate rounds from the tee box and from the fairway in a long time

+1.....it was a fairway finder for me yesterday....automatic 220 yesterday

I like when Hawk ponders.

I love Cleveland Woods but the Octane is ridiculously awesome. Hopefully you get to try one soon dude. Loved it.

there's a little voice in me that wonders if I would've shot the same number with the RX or not. When I had my ball fitting in January the B-Stone rep said I could use either the RX or the RXS and that I may need to do some on course comparison. I finally did that yesterday and I shot my first sub-90 round of the year so maybe I should just switch. yeah I think I will.....pondering over.

I wish I had the discipline to just play one ball like you my friend. I saw your round in the WDYS thread, why the hesitation on switching?

Pondering a switch in shaft flex. I think I am going to go get fitted. I think I should be more accurate than I am being with my driver.

That's what I like to hear. On course ultimately is where the results are at.

there's a little voice in me that wonders if I would've shot the same number with the RX or not. When I had my ball fitting in January the B-Stone rep said I could use either the RX or the RXS and that I may need to do some on course comparison. I finally did that yesterday and I shot my first sub-90 round of the year so maybe I should just switch. yeah I think I will.....pondering over.

What are you thinking of going too?

Pondering a switch in shaft flex. I think I am going to go get fitted. I think I should be more accurate than I am being with my driver.

Stupid sexy Octane.

Posted via Tapatalk

Whatever fits me. I would like to stay with the Miyazaki line, but if something else fits me better, I will go with that. I think my current shaft is just a bit too flexible for me. What I probably will do is take the data from my fitting and get Miyazaki to build me a custom Dromos. That would be epic!

Doooooooooooo it.

I would have to hit it first, which could prove difficult. My days of OEMing blind are over. I really regret not hitting a few things at demo day. That always happens though.

Posted via Tapatalk

I know what you mean. Ill be full on PGA Tour SS hunt mode this weekend.

I would have to hit it first, which could prove difficult. My days of OEMing blind are over. I really regret not hitting a few things at demo day. That always happens though.

Posted via Tapatalk

I hear ya dude. I thought you meant a general change in flexness :) But having a custom shaft would be the business.

Whatever fits me. I would like to stay with the Miyazaki line, but if something else fits me better, I will go with that. I think my current shaft is just a bit too flexible for me. What I probably will do is take the data from my fitting and get Miyazaki to build me a custom Dromos. That would be epic!

yeah it's hard not to accept the 'in your face' results.....now I'll just have to ponder my current club set up....going to GolfTec on Saturday to have my club set up analyzed. the results may generate a whole new set of pondering

That's what I like to hear. On course ultimately is where the results are at.

That could be dangerous dude but in a good way. Can't wait to hear how it goes for you. So cool what we have at our disposal for getting optimal set ups.

yeah it's hard not to accept the 'in your face' results.....now I'll just have to ponder my current club set up....going to GolfTec on Saturday to have my club set up analyzed. the results may generate a whole new set of pondering

Which of course is just what you need!!!

Or are you going looking to start the "Equipment Pondering - W/ Hanks" thread?

That thread would have about 6 hits and be locked up in 4 days

Which of course is just what you need!!!

Or are you going looking to start the "Equipment Pondering - W/ Hanks" thread?

popped down to the range today just for a quick browse...how sweet do the new Taylormade Tour Preferred MC irons look. Im really happy with my irons but these things were special.

Is the screw thing at the back movable does anyone know? Id prefer it not to be, as i could see it working loose.

popped down to the range today just for a quick browse...how sweet do the new Taylormade Tour Preferred MC irons look. Im really happy with my irons but these things were special.

Is the screw thing at the back movable does anyone know? Id prefer it not to be, as i could see it working loose.

There is a huge thread where THP gave away a number of sets for long term testing. The screw is not movable, but people have been taking them out anyway.

cool thank you...is that the one labelled CB testers thread?

Without going into to much detail as this isnt the right thread, why would people take it out if its not meant to be adjustable?

cool thank you...is that the one labelled CB testers thread?

Without going into to much detail as this isnt the right thread, why would people take it out if its not meant to be adjustable?

No, that would be for the TP CBs. There is also an MC thread.

Going into over drive all things Nike. Pondering hard on getting my wedges finally set with the VR Pro's. Would look nice next to the Pro Combos

Going into over drive all things Nike. Pondering hard on getting my wedges finally set with the VR Pro's. Would look nice next to the Pro Combos

Save the money till outing fund is full....REMEMBER?!?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back