Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Save the money till outing fund is full....REMEMBER?!?!?!?!?

Pondering buddy. Pondering. I always ponder.

Going into over drive all things Nike. Pondering hard on getting my wedges finally set with the VR Pro's. Would look nice next to the Pro Combos

hehehehe I like it. :alien:

Pondering buddy. Pondering. I always ponder.
Globalgolf.com has some open box vr wedges - golfsmith's deal of the day was the black vr wedges - might want to look into that. If I had been chosen I was going to raid Globalgolf's nike section with drivers, woods, hybrids and wedges. Good prices right now

a 5 hybrid...I don't need one because I can hit the 5 iron but I want one! I hit my 3 and 4 hybrid very well.

Pondering a new hybrid in the bag. Currently have a 18* TM superlaunch that goes between 205-210yards. As my 5 iron only goes around 175yards and I can barely hit a barn door from 5feet with my 4 iron. Ergo I need something to fill that gap and thinking about adding a M3 or M4 Mashie to fill that gap. Just love that club!

Or maybe I should go with a TM rescue 2011 21*.. Oath decisions!

Tappin' for world peace!

I'm in full on ponder mode. I bought a S3 head brand new for $75, because I thought it would be cheaper to buy the shaft I wanted and have it put in with the Cobra adapter. Well that was a bad idea, because Cobra doesn't sell their adapter aftermarket. Are the adapters made by other companies on eBay quality products or do I need to sell the head and find a S3 with a shaft I like already in it or just wait until I can find a Z-Star at a good price? I'm sure I'll play better without driver in the bag, but I definitely need to get this figured out soon. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I'm in full on ponder mode. I bought a S3 head brand new for $75, because I thought it would be cheaper to buy the shaft I wanted and have it put in with the Cobra adapter. Well that was a bad idea, because Cobra doesn't sell their adapter aftermarket. Are the adapters made by other companies on eBay quality products or do I need to sell the head and find a S3 with a shaft I like already in it or just wait until I can find a Z-Star at a good price? I'm sure I'll play better without driver in the bag, but I definitely need to get this figured out soon. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I have a feeling 10yards Srixon will be up for sale soon

I am pondering the Burner 2.0 Superfast driver.

However, I still don't like the idea of hitting a white golf club. Hard to argue the numbers though.

Trying to decide between a new 5 wood or a 2or3 hybrid. I already have a 4 and 5 hybrid w/ my Adams Irons and not sure if another brand/model will "flow" with them... Also, a 5 wood to match my 3 wood will be hard to find (Powerbilt AF1, I know they are corny but I hit it great). Shouldn't my 5 match my 3??? By the way, its a 3+ (14.25*) so a 4 wood might work too.

Taylormade Tour Burner. Best budget ball you can find.

Thanks for the suggestion but I went with the Gamer V2. Couldn't beat the price I got for a decent 3 piece ball. I bought 4 dozen and will use it exclusively (til Im out) so that I can then base all others against it... Seems like a decent "baseline" ball.

Pondering some GS75 shafts.... Lol. I'm not supposed to be but I can't help but ponder.

Pondering some GS75 shafts.... Lol. I'm not supposed to be but I can't help but ponder.

Lol, 90% of the time I think most of us ponderers should stick with what we got. But THP brings forth the evil money spending golf daemon ;)

Tappin' for world peace!

Went to the range to ponder an 18* rescue of some sort. All they had in that lost was a titliest something or other (black and 17* when i looked) and a TM rescue 11.

Couldnt get the titliest more than 5ft off teh ground so that was that, the TM rescue was nice but im not sure i like the adjustable bit. I'd rather not have that option. Think i'll go and try the superfast in the 21* loft and if its nice hope the 18* works the same.

see if you can find a shaft with adapter on ebay or the WTS ads. Take the adapter off and then just sell the shaft to offset some of the costs. It doesn't matter the flex of the shaft either since you only need the adapter.

see if you can find a shaft with adapter on ebay or the WTS ads. Take the adapter off and then just sell the shaft to offset some of the costs. It doesn't matter the flex of the shaft either since you only need the adapter.

Thanks for the help, but I got lucky. My buddy has some old S2s sitting around the pro shop and he's going to give me an adapter.

get that thought out of your head dude! haha

Went to the range to ponder an 18* rescue of some sort. All they had in that lost was a titliest something or other (black and 17* when i looked) and a TM rescue 11.

Couldnt get the titliest more than 5ft off teh ground so that was that, the TM rescue was nice but im not sure i like the adjustable bit. I'd rather not have that option. Think i'll go and try the superfast in the 21* loft and if its nice hope the 18* works the same.

If you're looking at that route you might want to checkout this thread... Superfast 2.0

Does anyone know if the adapter from a L5V would work on a S3?

Now that I've been chosen to test the Nike VR Pro Combo irons, and they are 3-PW, I am pondering new wedges. I have narrowed it down to 4:

Nike VR Pro - I have heard some good things about these wedges, and they would match the set beautifully. Love the look of the hex grooves (I think that's what they're caled).

Taylormade xFT - I love the look of these, and the idea that you can buy a new face instead of an entire wedge.

Mizuno MP T-11 - I played Mizuno wedges prior to my current wedges and really liked them. I haven't read much about these, so I will need to do a little research. I love the fact that they come with DG Spinners.

Cleveland - not sure if I would want CG15 or CG16, as I haven't done much research on these. I have heard nothing but good things about Cleveland wedges and they look nice too.

I am going to go to Golfsmith Monday to hit all of them, but what would you guys do? I need something like 52, 56, and 60. Also, the DG Spinners really have my interest, and may go in whichever wedges I choose.

Now that I've been chosen to test the Nike VR Pro Combo irons, and they are 3-PW, I am pondering new wedges. I have narrowed it down to 4:

Nike VR Pro - I have heard some good things about these wedges, and they would match the set beautifully. Love the look of the hex grooves (I think that's what they're caled).

Taylormade xFT - I love the look of these, and the idea that you can buy a new face instead of an entire wedge.

Mizuno MP T-11 - I played Mizuno wedges prior to my current wedges and really liked them. I haven't read much about these, so I will need to do a little research. I love the fact that they come with DG Spinners.

Cleveland - not sure if I would want CG15 or CG16, as I haven't done much research on these. I have heard nothing but good things about Cleveland wedges and they look nice too.

I am going to go to Golfsmith Monday to hit all of them, but what would you guys do? I need something like 52, 56, and 60. Also, the DG Spinners really have my interest, and may go in whichever wedges I choose.

You probably know this but the spinners are the stock shaft of the Mizunos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back