Adams Redline Irons Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Solid write-up Ryan. Seems if the price is right this could be a good set of GI irons for the golfer that needs max forgiveness. Definitely an impressed with the various combinations that this can be ordered in.

If you can tell already, you think the plastic viewable in the cavity will hold up over time? That is the one thing I really do not like about the look of these.

• Admin
At the outing, myself and Thainer were quite smitten with these irons. Both of us on the range after demo day were talking about the unique feel and sound they had due to the construction. He was hitting the ball so well with these, that it was ridiculous. Certainly not hundy material, more like hundy minus 20 material at least.

Sounds like these are a can't miss item Hawk. I like long, soft, and forgiving. I agree with you about the looks though, as these are about as plain as it gets. Great write up buddy. I enjoyed reading that.

Solid write-up Ryan. Seems if the price is right this could be a good set of GI irons for the golfer that needs max forgiveness. Definitely an impressed with the various combinations that this can be ordered in.

If you can tell already, you think the plastic viewable in the cavity will hold up over time? That is the one thing I really do not like about the look of these.

Tough to say, but it isnt really in a spot that should rub too much. I had another set of Adams irons with black plastic covering the cavity and the color did flake a bit. I will keep an eye on it.

Posted via Tapatalk

I am still breaking mine in, but the review is spot on. I think Adams messed up with the cavity art, it's lame. I do like the finish. Different hybrids would have made sense as the included hybrids are built for pure distance. On the range I was carrying the hybrids too far and the trajectory, like Hawk mentioned, is too low. Just a bad hybrid for gapping with irons and shooting at pins. Maybe an altered A7 or V3 hybrid would have been a better choice. Make no mistake, the included hybrids are Super Blacks. It's a shame really because the irons are fantastic.

Great review Hawk!

These don't strike me as the prettiest of irons, but sounds like they're a solid set with plenty of options.

long and forgiving, sounds like a winner! Great writeup!

Great review Hawk and like I said on the home page, you covered all the basis. I wanted to ask a question but had nothing lol. I saw you hitting these at the outing and they definitely made a run for your bag. Ill say it one more time, great review!

I like what Adams is trying to do with these irons and the new marketing with Jamie Sadlowski and hitting these a country mile. I've always associated them with being saturated on the Champions Tour and their hybrids. I liked the these irons at the Demo Day, but really didn't spend a lot of time with them.

The finish on them reminded me of the old Ping Irons and very much a throwback look. I liked reading your review Ryan, nice job.

At the outing, myself and Thainer were quite smitten with these irons. Both of us on the range after demo day were talking about the unique feel and sound they had due to the construction. He was hitting the ball so well with these, that it was ridiculous. Certainly not hundy material, more like hundy minus 20 material at least.

The feel is definitely unique, especially in it's class. It almost makes me thing of the difference between inserts and milled faces in putters. The Redline is just so ridiculously soft sounding/feeling.

Many of the comments I've read have mentioned the looks and it really has me thinking about something I wrote. If you are shopping for GI irons, itreally would be a huge mistake to let these go unnoticed because of their looks. This is a true example of substance over style imo. Really, they look very nice in my bag. They just don't have the edgy look that so many irons in this genre do. Either way, I truly mean that I'll game anything that helps my score.

JB was still loving these irons even though I was pounding luscious divots into the air and the wind was just feeding them to him for lunch.

I do love these irons and think the velocity slot is a huge benefit to anyone. I know feel is subjective but when you dont feel anything at all on pure strikes, it makes this game a whole lot easier. The mishits arent harsh, but they are felt.

I said it before and Ill say it again. Id game them in a heartbeat.

Nice write-up Hawk! Definitely a long, soft, and forgiving club. The other thing I noticed is that it was lighter (in weight) compared to my last iron, the Callaway X-20 (Uniflex steel shaft), when swinging. Did you get the same impression with the Redlines vs. other clubs?

Excellent review Hawk. You're right, they might not win any beauty contests but wow I was impressed with the distance increases you picked up from these irons! I also love that you can order them in so many different combinations giving everyone something they need. Great write up and it sounds like at least in respect to the irons they're really a solid option for you.

Nice write-up Hawk! Definitely a long, soft, and forgiving club. The other thing I noticed is that it was lighter (in weight) compared to my last iron, the Callaway X-20 (Uniflex steel shaft), when swinging. Did you get the same impression with the Redlines vs. other clubs?

The stock shaft is 85 grams, I believe. So, yes it's going to be on the lighter side. Oddly, I actually felt like they had more heft in my hands than some other irons I was hitting. I think it was all perception, though.

Nice write up Hawk. I heard a lot of good things about these at the demo day, and you have confirmed them here.

Excellent review Hawkster! I agree these aren't the prettiest clubs out there right now, but man, do they perform! It's taking everything I have not to run out to the store and get them.

Excellent review Hawkster! I agree these aren't the prettiest clubs out there right now, but man, do they perform! It's taking everything I have not to run out to the store and get them.

It was cool to see your reaction when I handed you one of these on the range. You were really hitting it well. This could be a very good iron for you, 9 iron.

Great write up Hawk! Your write up and others comments from the outing have put these on my list to try out when I go shopping for irons here soon.

Do you happen to have any information on the graphite shaft that they offer in these clubs?

It was cool to see your reaction when I handed you one of these on the range. You were really hitting it well. This could be a very good iron for you, 9 iron.

Dude I know! Like you, I struggle with distance most times and the added forgiveness would be a huge plus too.

The launch of the irons was pretty high right? I've got the TT high launch shafts in my VRs and would need something similar.

Dude I know! Like you, I struggle with distance most times and the added forgiveness would be a huge plus too.

The launch of the irons was pretty high right? I've got the TT high launch shafts in my VRs and would need something similar.

For me, these are high, but not overly high. Well hit shots look very nice and stop quickly. They are a bit more on the piercing side, I suppose. The shaft I tested is stiff flex, which seems to work very well for me. I would definitely look at trying both flexes. I need a very flexible driver shaft, but have been happy in stiff flex with three of the iron sets I've played in the last year.

For me, these are high, but not overly high. Well hit shots look very nice and stop quickly. They are a bit more on the piercing side, I suppose. The shaft I tested is stiff flex, which seems to work very well for me. I would definitely look at trying both flexes. I need a very flexible driver shaft, but have been happy in stiff flex with three of the iron sets I've played in the last year.

Would you perhaps need the stiffer shaft because the shafts are so light? My HL shafts weigh 111g, thats a bit of a difference.

Would you perhaps need the stiffer shaft because the shafts are so light? My HL shafts weigh 111g, thats a bit of a difference.

You know, I really don't know. I do like the results though. Funny, because I was wishing I could get the hybrids a bit higher.

Posted via Tapatalk

You know, I really don't know. I do like the results though. Funny, because I was wishing I could get the hybrids a bit higher.

Posted via Tapatalk

I've been having similar problems lately as well with my hybrids. Hmmmmm..... I might just have to go look at these this weekend.

Back