TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Iron Forum Testing - Take 2 Signup

1. What irons do you currently play? Ping G15's
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? No Never had the opportunity
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Yes i would love that
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 140 yards
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I would test them at least 4 times a week. I would make a log for comparison against my current Irons. I have heavy activity on THP,Facebook and Twitter

Thank you THP & TaylorMade for this wonderful opportunity to our members

I can't believe what is going on here... THP and the companies here are unreal! Thanks Taylormade for the opportunity!!! SS
Some of you on here wouldn't believe how much this place has changed and how quickly...

1. Ping i10
2. Not yet, but I love the look...
3. Hmmm... extra distance... YEAH! But Accuracy is more important in my game. But I have to be honest I want to see if I can hit the 3i as far (or farther) as Dustin Johnson...
4. 175 normal swing can max out closer to 185
5. Testing: I play regularly at least twice a week... Fridays are my day off from work and I play at least 18 (usually 27+). This day is my practice day and work on an issues with the game and/or swing. Sundays I play in a regular skins game or play in a tournament (gotta keep the competitve juices flowing...). So I have a day where I can work on something specific with the irons to answer questions either for myself or for a/several forum members. I can also test the clubs under more stressful situations on Sundays and see how they hold up when it means something. I am also active on both Facebook and Twitter where I can update my progress on a regular basis and pique interest of others that may not be regulars on our forum. I have been benefiting for quite sometime from the information and games that have been on this forum and I would like to have my opportunity to be able to give back what I can.
Activity: I have been consistently active on THP since I've joined almost 2 years ago... I tend to be more active on topics that interest me most. Most members that have been active on THP will know my screen name... especially those who check the fashion oriented threads (especially the Sligo ones..). I also comment when I can on golf advice or equipment I have played or am educated on. I have been most active recently commenting (and I believe giving useful info) on the Vr Pro wedges as well as the 20XI ball...

Thanks again THP and TM... unbelievable!!!

1. What irons do you currently play? Ping i3+
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? Not yet. My dad just got a set, but I had a good round going yesterday so I didn't want to try them.
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Is it predictable? Then heck yeah!
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 145, which is actually sort of embarrassing considering I'm rarely outdriven.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? In the summer I play about twice a week and practice 1-2 times, depending on how it's going. I just joined the forum, but I plan on being an active participant. I've got a great phone so I could definitely jazz up my posts with photos, videos, data, whatever would help.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

1. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno mx 200

2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? No unfortunatly

3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Of course who doesn't

4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 150 give or take

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play around twice a week including my weekend league, they will get a lot of exposure since I have 32 ppl in my league, is also post on Twitter and Facebook after every round.. and around range sessions

I now tap while I talk

2.0 tester

2.0 tester

1. What irons do you currently play? Adams cb2 4-gw. V3 hybrid 3
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? No. I do have the new superfast 2.0 driver and 3w
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? I would love to hit it a mile. I love explosive distance.
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 150 yards
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I practice 2-3 times per week and play most weekends. I live close to 2 top notch practice facilties and love the ranges. I would put these clubs to an amazing test. Would also love to see them in the bag next to my superfast woods and corza ghost putter. As far as activity on the site. Up until now just a gold nut that visited the site and learned about the new stuff. I joined for this opportunity and plan to contribute to the forum. Thanks for the chance. Frankangotti

1. Wilson Staff Di11's
2. Nope
3. Definitely a distance player that's why I love the clubs I have now, there's no better feeling than wowing people absolutely crushing my irons.
4. 165
5. I play 3-4 times per week sometimes I play 36 in a round and hit the range a few times as well. I'm also constantly online browsing the forums and Facebook so updating and constantly keeping the THP world as well as my friends will be no problem.

Another great opportunity, thanks THP and TM!

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade TP CB
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? Briefly on a launch monitor
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Heck yea! As long as i can still keep em pretty straight.
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? around 155
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I normally play a round at least once a week and am on the range about four times a week, so they would get lots of range time as well as some time on the course. I would of course do writeups after every use and give feedback from myself as well as letting my friends try them out. They range from high handicappers to a couple of buddys who played D1 college golf and are still very low handicappers.
I try to keep on THP daily and usually endup with a few posts per day. Grest study break when I am not studying for the Bar.

1. What irons do you currently play? (Ping Anser Irons with Project X 6.0 Shafts) ***I'm Left Handed***
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? (No)
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? (As long as the feel is good, yes)
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? (165yd carry)
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? (I hit for 2 hours every morning at the driving range and play 4 to 5 rounds per week after 4pm. I'd likley hit an anser iron for about 10 to 15 shots, then switch to the taylormade (same # iron) and hit 10 to 15 balls. It's tough to compare irons on the range because the situation changes so much on the course and when I get out, I'd likely scramble amongst myself. The course I go to doesn't have a lot of people on it at 4pm (sundown rate) and I usually get out by myself and have no-one within a few holes of me so essentially, I'd hit my drive and play 2 balls from that point and see how the 2 irons compare. I also like to sometimes stand next to the 150yd (8 iron for me) out post and hit a few balls to the green. I'd like to do this with both clubs so I can get a feel for the real difference in distance. I haven't been on THP as long as some others, but the site is fantastic. I do plan on hitting up the 2012 demo day if funding permits!)

1. What irons do you currently play? Callaway FT
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? Yes, cant decide between 2.0s or MC/MB combo
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? It couldn't hurt
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 163
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I desperately need new irons for college. I got my FTs used and never had them fit. Im going to Coastal Carolina University for their PGM program and would like to maximize my performance in college. I may not be the most active poster on THP but when I do post, I feel as if I bring a lot to the table.

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade rac ht graphite stiff shaft

2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? No I have not and would love to try them out since they have a tremendous reviews

3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Yes I love explosive distance

4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 155 is a good solid 7 iron for me

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play 3-4 times a week. My reviews would be in depth and not sugar coated. I'm active on the forums I don't post every day but I'm on here a lot during the day reading all the reviews and listen to the radio shows when I have a chance to.

I can't believe how much THP keeps stepping it up!

oh man... i already ordered my 2.0s yesterday... crap what bad timing hahaha
congrats on whoever gets picked

WOW THP and TaylorMade are ROCKING it again!!! This is so awesome there is no way I can pass it up.

1. What irons do you currently play? I currently play MacGregor Pro C
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? Yes I hit a 6 iron and it really felt good
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Absolutely!!
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? I carry my 7 iron 155 to 160
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play at least twice a week, 18 on the weekend and 9 on Tuesdays at League. In also try to hit the range a couple of times a week, if my schedule allows it. I would put the Burners in the bag and game them for some time and get some results and thoughts posted and then they would get a head to head shootout with my current irons. My current irons are forged with a slight cavity back, so the Burner 2.0's would get a workout against a club that falls more into the players catagory.

Wow! THP just keeps the birdie singing here lately, thank you THP and TaylorMade for this 2nd opportunity for the 2.0's.

1. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno MX-300's
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? I received the 6 iron in the TM promotion a couple of months ago. Even though it was the wrong lie, and length for me I did hit it farther than I hit the MX-300 6 iron.
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? At my age explosive distance is not something I have anymore so I could certainly become excited with new found distance.
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 140-145 yards
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I would definitely have unboxing pics and video to post on THP, also I would post video of range time and quite possibly of other people at the range hitting a few of the irons. I play 3 to 5 times per week and go to the range 1 to 2 times per week, so the clubs would get plenty of usage. I am active on THP and actually spend quite a bit of time here each day. Usually when I am home the laptop is in my lap and I am logged in. I can post reviews and updates very often and can answer any questions in a very short and reasonable time. I would certainly take the responsiblity of testing extremely serious and do the best job of reporting that I can.

1. What irons do you currently play? Ping s56 blue dot project x 6.0
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? No
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? YES!
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 165-175
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP - I play golf 4-5 times a week this time of year. I will post after every round and range session. I use twitter frequently and would update testing through that multiple times a week. I post 4-5 times a day here - which would continue or increase! - I have never played or hit TaylorMade irons or any kind and would love the chance to! Thanks THP and TaylorMade for this great opportunity !!

1. What irons do you currently play? MacGregor MT Mid, 4-PW
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? No
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Umh, is this a trick question?
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 150/160 yds
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I go to the range twice a week to work on what ails me. I play 9 holes on a Wed night weekly league and usually go out on weekends to 18. I'm fairly new to the THP group but have been very impressed w/ the reviews, general golf knowledge, and like minded folks on the site. I plan to be a long time member and have signed up for 2012 Outing and Demo at Grand Cypress.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Last edited:
1. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno JPX 800

2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? Yes, many times both indoors and out. I've grown to like them very much, and am very impressed with what I have seen and felt.

3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? More than I like cake :)

4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 150-160

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play a minimum two times a week, plus I am active in a scramble league and an afternoon men's league. The courses I frequent also have unlimited range areas which make it possible to spend quite some time working on my game and in this case learning about new equipment. My current iron set is a direct competitor with the 2.0's so I feel that I will be able to provide insight to how the two are similar and different.

In regards to my activity level on THP, I would like to think I am an active member here. Heck its 10:00 pm on a Friday night and I just got home from a 36 hole day and now I'm on the forum :) The times I've been selected to test a product I have tried my best to provide honest and unbiased feedback. Sometimes that feedback wasn't always positive related to the product, but it has and always will be honest.

I am a twitter'r and also on the facebook, on both of which I follow TMaG's social media outlets.

Thank you TM and THP for allowing us the opportunity to join the burner brotherhood.

--
tapatalk

1. Taylormade MCs
2. No
3. Yes, I love my MCs feel and workability but I haven't been able to really crank out the distance I've been looking for
4. 135-140ish. I've been playing on wet courses lately, so I might get a little more roll out of them
5. I try to make it to the range at least twice a week, but I usually get there 3 times unless I am unusually busy. I tend to make it out to the course once every other week, but I try to get out at least once a week though. I would like to compare these with my MCs, especially in the workability department, and forgiveability would be nice on my off days. I read the forum at least twice a day. I don't post too much, but I try to when I have relevant information to add.

Fantastic opportunity, thanks THP for making it possible and TM for supplying the sticks.

1. What irons do you currently play? Adams Redlines
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? Yes. Have hit them on multiple occasions at demo days events.
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Yes. I use Redlines.
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 160-165
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Written journal of the characteristics of each iron. 1 range session per week with 2 rounds per week. Will pay for a proper fitting of these as the ones I demo'd were not suited to my low hands swing. Buddies and strangers would hit the Burners so I can get some feedback that could help others decide if this is the right iron for them. Pictures, daily posts, and responsiveness to forum questions would be a priority. Basically become a 2.0 nut for the duration of the testing.

Thanks again THP! TM you won't be disappointed, best golf forum on the planet is right here.

1- Nike slingshot 4D
2- tested briefly. would love to again
3- yes
4- 170 yards
5- I already play 6 rounds a week and hit around 300 balls on the range. so I would hit them on the range to compare to my current set and play them on the course a few times a week. I also have a few other golfers play with a lot at different skill levels that I would let try them. I am looking to be a frequent tester for thp as I am a new member. I will probably post a few times a day

love these irons! Thank you TaylorMade for the opportunity. I would love to test these long term for such a wonderful company (TM) and community (THP). I would like to give something back after all these months of pure reading :)

1. What irons do you currently play? Nike Machspeeds
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? Yes
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Absolutely!
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 145-155
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Ill spend 2-3 practice sessions per week, working on full iron swings, working the ball left and right, high and low. Ill game them and report back to the community any and all findings and how they affect my game. It would be an honour to represent this fine company even further by reviewing their successful burner line.

1. What irons do you currently play? Cleveland TA-2, stock.
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? I have not tried any irons since I bought mine 6-7 years ago.
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? You betcha!
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 160 all day, 150 when I roll out of bed and play with no warmup!
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am on here every day. Most days I post a comment or two. As for testing, i am practicing on the course 3 days a week and playing 2 full rounds. I have a few scrambles coming up and look forward to trying the Burner 2.0 set. Longer irons on my home course would be great, as it is typically best to use irons tee to green.

1. What irons do you currently play?
I currently play Nike VR TW Blades

2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons?
I have hit them and they were long, but I have not had a whole lot of experience with the 2.0s.

3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons?
Yes. Who doesnt like explosive distance? Id love to have more distance and more forgiveness than what I have right now.

4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron?
I currently hit my 7 iron 170-175. But more distance with less club is what I am truly looking for.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
My testing plan would consist of going to get fitted at golftec, then followed up by range sessions and numerous rounds of golf. I help with junior golf clinics with Taylormade Master Professional, John Dunigan, and am on the range several nights per week. I tinker and hit balls and swing at that time. I also feel my knowledge of the golf swing through several years of study can be beneficial to pointing out benefits in the clubs, even though my swing may be off at that time. I usually play 18 holes every three days broken into competitive 9 hole increments. My roommates and I are always playing competitive rounds.

My THP activity level is second to none. I help many on the boards with many things, and I love to be around here. I average almost 15 posts per day here and have been to a FL outing. I love to help people with their golf swings, and any other way I can.

More about me:
I am super active on facebook and twitter. Although I am doing an internship at Aronimink Golf Club, hosts of the 2010 and 2011 AT&T National, I am in a professional golf management business degree program in Canada. I am in the 4th year of my program but my class will be the first graduating students in the program.

FB: Thain Moyles

Twitter: Tha1ner

My Golf Swing
Spoiler

Driver SS: 112-118
Handicap: 7-10ish

I also understand I have been recently chosen for the Heavy Driver testing. Being a student living in another country, living on property at a golf course, I have more than enough time and energy to test multiple products. After my 40 hours at work and couple hours doing junior clinics, I am all golf, range and course.

Thanks THP and Taylormade for this unreal opportunity! Looking forward to hearing the testers announcement and further thoughts on the 2.0s.

Last edited:
1. What irons do you currently play? TaylorMade Burner Plus
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? I tried them once. They felt great to me, but I didn't have a lot of time to mess with them.
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Very much so. I feel like I could get more yards from these irons, and I know I liked the workability I could get from them.
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? Between 180-185 yards. I creamed the 2.0 6 iron I was hitting, so it'd be awesome to see how consistent I could be with the Unstoppable 8!
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play golf between 3 and 5 times a week, so these irons would get a lot of testing on the range and on the course. The courses I play require a wide variety of shots with all of the irons, so I think I could provide adequate, unbiased feedback. As far as activity, I post as often as school allows me right now, but I've only got 4 days left! Then a golf-filled summer, so I'll be on here, Facebook, and Twitter daily posting my feedback, sharing my thoughts, and answering any questions that people may have.

Thanks for the awesome opportunity to both THP and TaylorMade!

Last edited:
Wow, another amazing opportunity from THP, and Taylormade really showing how much they believe in these irons, and the members of THP to provide some solid feedback!

Good luck to all the entrants! :D

Back