Clubs for the President Obama

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Callaway made up some clubs for Obama in the tour van this week. Roger Cleveland, Callaway’s Chief Golf Club Designer, built a few wedges for President Obama inside the Callaway tour trailer last Wednesday morning. The wedges were done at the request of Phil Mickelson, who was having dinner with the President on Wednesday night. Cleveland made 56, 60, and 64 degree wedges for the President. They were a half-inch over, with a multi compound grip (just like Phil's grip). The tour reps in the Callaway trailer also made the president a 9.5-degree Diablo Octane Driver for Phil to deliver.

Obama-wedge-L.jpg

Another left handed callaway staffer just like me!

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

He's got a shocking swing, the man needs a few lessons

Very nice.... Notice It reads X PREZ...haha

pretty cool, wonder what shaft he got in the driver

Last edited:
That's really cool. I wonder if any of the other golfers who had dinner with the Prez brought him some clubs too?

That's really cool. I wonder if any of the other golfers who had dinner with the Prez brought him some clubs too?

I heard on ESPN that a few other golfers brought him a slew of goodies.

Did Phil pay for these clubs or did we?

Nice gift. Wonder if he'll game them?

Of course we will. Then he should come on the forum and complain about how hard it is to hit a 60 or 64 and we can spend hours debating the fact that they arent generally needed around a golf course :alien:
Nice gift. Wonder if he'll game them?

I wanna stamp "Prez" on my clubs too.

Some great looking wedges. Too bad the Pres doesn't have the game to play them well ;)

Of course we will. Then he should come on the forum and complain about how hard it is to hit a 60 or 64 and we can spend hours debating the fact that they arent generally needed around a golf course :alien:

I wanna stamp "Prez" on my clubs too.

haha. How dare Phil give him that wedge anyway. I would like "Boss" on mine.

Very nice.... Notice It reads X PREZ...haha

that's pretty funny haha

anyway, that is a sharp looking wedge. I like how it's stamped Prez 44.

Back