How many yards is the course you play...

Blues 6240, Whites 5840. I play the whites so it's not about moving up, it's about keeping the ball in the fairway and out of trouble. This course only has a few holes where you just want to hit it as far as you can off the tee, without having to answer to a hazard at those distances. Most times my 3w takes me up to them but not into them.

Another consideration when comparing yardages is where the course is located. I never believed that made much difference until my western road trip in 2010. Old Works in Anaconda, Montana is at a pretty high altitude. When I rolled in there for an afternoon round, I would not have ever chosen to play the back tees because of the 75.8 course rating but I joined a member and he was playing those tees at 7700 yards. Well, that 7700 yards is about like 6700 yards in Florida because the ball just goes further. It was a great day, very enjoyable, I shot 81 with one triple bogie. Now if I could only hit the ball that far again...ANYWHERE

With this discussion from Barney Adams, Tom Watson, and many others recently, regarding tee distances I have looked at my course. 6,400 ish. I drive 250 ish. I could lower my score by a solid 6-7 strokes if I moved up a tee. The added distance would allow me to hit more 9 irons and wedges into greens, instead of 8 7 and 6 irons.

my course is between 6150 and 6400 depending on tee placements.

When Im driving ok, im about 260 with very little roll, lately its hard to measure cause im a fairway over lol

Seriously Smallville?

And yeah TC I have said numerous times that I like long courses, I like the challenge. I played a course Saturday which was 6400 I had hit my hybrid(19* 3 iron) atleast 5 times due to having to lay back to hit to the 150 or past it.

oh crap I gave out real numbers, I forgot my Internet Golf Numbers

My course is 7400 from the tips, I play only the tips and look down on anyone that doesnt play back that far.

My drives are always 300+ unless the wind is over 40 mph, if that happens its more like 295....oh that is my carry numbers, with roll Im about 315.

And yes, I do play Niblicks

Most of the course I play are 6,000-6,500. I think I could shave 1-2 strokes. But since most of my issues are with my wedges, it wouldn't be a dramatic change if I moved my tees up.

Depending on the course, total yardage could be anywhere from 5900 to 6500 yards. I've played some of my local tracks from both white/blue or blue/gold and it hasn't made a difference strokewise for me.

Old Works in Anaconda, Montana is at a pretty high altitude.
This is #1 on my list as I drive by it a couple times a year. I'll still stick to the regular tees though.

My home course is 6730 from the tips and 6400 from the second farthest tee (the ones I play). A good drive is around 280 for me, but moving up would help as it more about having accurate drives at my course

My course was expanded to 7,100 yards from the tips in order to host Futures Tour events. I play from the members tees, 6,500. I average 260-270.

I hate playing the senior tees (6,000). The guys I play with are in their mid- and upper- 50s, so they always want to play from there. It takes driver/3w out of my hands on four holes and forces me to hit 3i because it brings water hazards into play. I end up playing longer clubs to the green from these holes from the senior tees than I do the members tees.

The worst part is the par 3s are ridiculously short from the senior tees. One par 3 goes from 125 to 105 and it's at least a club downhill. Another goes from 140-180 to 125, again, severely downhill. Another goes from 130-140 to 95, again, downhill.

I generally play from 6,000 - 6,300 yards.

Avg drive is 225? I can get it out to 240 if I'm hitting it well.

I know I'd score better as I've played some courses here from shorter tees and done well. My lowest score on a 5,300 yard course is and 80 and it's 92 from 6,300. It me the opportunity to hit more scoring irons and wedges.

My league course is 6,654 yards. My average drive, measured and tracked by GPS, is 282 yards. I'm sure I would drop at least a few strokes moving up to the forward tees as I would be hitting shorter irons into greens.

The Tips at my course is 7,150 yds with a rating of 74.1 and slope of 129 while the blue tees are 6,800 yds with a rating of 72.1 and slope of 126 (Par 72). My driver distance is 280+ carry. We usually play the blue tees, but I score the same from either tee as the blue tee tends to bring more trouble into play. Most golfers do not enjoy playing from our Tips tees, so we generally only play there during our club championship.

Last Club was links style at 7200. New Club is very tree lined and at 6600. Both are tough driving courses.

Ok, my course officially feels small. My home course is 6163 from the tees I play....but most of the courses I'll be playing this summer are 6700+

My courses are normally around 6200 yards and my average drive is around 280. Yesterday though, I played a 6800 yard course.....that felt long.

6301 of the tournament tees and 5844 off the regular tees.

My course is 6400 yards from the back tees. That is plenty long for me. I have seen One-T and TC shoot a 73 and 74 from 7200 at Old Union.

TapaTalk: Killing my phone's battery since 2010.

The executive length course that I get to play most often is 4600 yards, and the blues are longer than the white by only 10 - 20 yards per hole, so we always play back.

Yesterday my father and I played a traditional Par 72 course, and we played the white tees at 6200 yards, which was plenty long, about 400 yards shorter than the blue tees. It is the right length for us. We both hit our drives about 220 yards or so, plus roll. If we played up another set of tees it would have made the third shot on par 5's a few clubs shorter (for example, on by best hole of the day I went driver, 3H, 3H on to the green, two putt....that second 3H would have been a 7i or 8i instead).

Quail Creek Golf Course - Fairhope AL
6,426 Yards
70.6 / 123

Wish it was longer!

At my usual course I either play the back tees (6800 yds) or the one up (6200 yds). It all depends on how I'm feeling that day about my ball striking and if I want to hit longer irons or shorter irons/wedges into the green. It doesn't make too much of a difference to my handicap, but the score does change a few strokes.

My home course is 6400 off the white (men's competition) tees and 5900 off the yellow (men's standard) tees. For the ladies it's 5250 off the red tees.

My home course tips are around 7040. I usually play those. Most courses I play, I play the farthest back tee as it doesn't change much for me in terms of distance. I still make the same mistakes I would at closer tees.

The course I work at actually owns two courses, the Old and New.....very creative names I know.

Both from the white:
Old: 5600
New: 6800

Completely opposite courses. The reason for the Old being so short is the fact that it located in the very middle of the city. Though short, it's actually tougher to shot well because it's all uneven lies and you have to play more strategic golf.

I usually play courses no shorter than 6000 yards, and no longer than 6800 (however I have played shorter than 6000 and longer than 7000 on occasion.). My average drive is 255-270 on slow fairways, but on firmer (not hardpan) fairways I have rolled out to 280 or so. I already move up on my home course from the tips to the blue tees. When I play the tips I usually shoot in the low 90's and high 80's. Moving up and from the blues, I save about 6 strokes a round. I have a big gap in distances, and my irons and hybrid are average/shorter than average. So from the blues I will shoot in the mid to low 80's.

I definitely feel that people should move up in tees instead of trying to be a tough guy. There are days where I can't hit the ball for beans, and on longer courses I'll move up another tee. They always say, no point in making one of the toughest games any tougher.

Back