the boss

golf addict help me!!
Reaction score
Handicap
now im now sexist and i dont have any objections to lady golfers but!
i arrived for my round today 1 hr early as always and the lady in receotion said ow your behind the ladies ill ask the captain if you can nip infront of there first group.
so i go off to warm up and the lady came to me and said she refused point blank to let me tee off early. i said thats ok no bother. thinking that the ladies all played golf it wouldnt be that bad and i could just play 2 balls and be ok. how wrong was i!
by the end of the 3rd hole there was 7 of us waiting on each tee and the final group of ladies could barely hit the ball. by the par 3 7th there 13 of us waiting including 3 of the ladies who said sorry boys but we have to put our scores in together and have been told not to let you play through. good job they only played 9 holes 2 3/4 hrs for 9 holes. :banghead::banghead::angry::angry:

Trust me this has little to do with them being female and more to do with improper understanding or caring of the game. There have been millions of men that have done and do on a regular basis the exact same thing.

Trust me this has little to do with them being female and more to do with improper understanding or caring of the game. There have been millions of men that have done and do on a regular basis the exact same thing.

agreed! I have played behind plenty of groups like that from both genders. At that point it's never a horrible idea to make a call to the clubhouse and tell them how slow the play is because of a certain group.

Yeah, agree with that, and it's just as infuriating no matter the sex! I wonder who instructed them that they couldn't let you play through, as this sounds like they were at least aware of the concept?

Agreed. I don't think it's a male/female issue. Just inconsiderate of others and the game!

yuppers...played a few times where the guys in front of us just didn't know when to pick up the ball or speed up the process. Some people should just not hit the course till they get a good amount of range time. If you want to go out and just have fun that's fine too, just know the etiquettes.

Very true. Played with two older ladies this weekend. They were awesome to play with. Great etiquette, good skills, and they were very pleasant.

Posted via Tapatalk

Sorry to hear it boss, I know it can get frustrating. You would think they could understand and let you guys through, but some just don't get it.

i agree its nothing to do with gender it was just on this occasion it was 12 females. who play the same tee times every week.

Ive seen some grown men do the same thing plenty of times

see....women belong in the kitchen!

I am just kidding of course. But, I am kind of with the group here, I play behind slow dudes all the time. Almost 3 hourse for 9 holes is just ridiculous.

Sorry to hear it boss, I know it can get frustrating. You would think they could understand and let you guys through, but some just don't get it.

the last 3 ball of ladies told us they were told bythe lady captain not to let anyone play through she said if we let you through the other 3 3balls wont.

Yeah...I know it took some restraint not to hit into them repeatedly. Kudos for not going off on them.

the last 3 ball of ladies told us they were told bythe lady captain not to let anyone play through she said if we let you through the other 3 3balls wont.

On our club course we have certain competitions where the tee times are block-booked and everyone is told that only other groups in that competition can be called through (usually due to searching for lost balls, etc.). It's a widely known rule and is designed to keep everyone together as they come in at the end. The vast majority of the players keep to a good pace anyway and people booking tee-times after the last competition group goes out are warned of the rules so they know what to expect.

There is no way I would have waited that long. I would have went around them (if possible) or went back to clubhouse and asked for a refund/raincheck.

On our club course we have certain competitions where the tee times are block-booked and everyone is told that only other groups in that competition can be called through (usually due to searching for lost balls, etc.). It's a widely known rule and is designed to keep everyone together as they come in at the end. The vast majority of the players keep to a good pace anyway and people booking tee-times after the last competition group goes out are warned of the rules so they know what to expect.

if it was a comp it wouldnt of been a problem. to say there was some angry folk on that course today is a understatement

The tourney I played in this past weekend the first round took me 6 hours! And these are guys that can play golf too. Definitely not just women.

This is when you need a course Marshall or Club Management to fix this issue. Especially if it happens every weekend. Either let folks go through or break up the party. It's not fair for the others that pay good money to enjoy their rounds to be stuck behind and suffer. It's too hot out side and too hot on the inside.

For those rules, I'd be expecting at the least someone to be keeping track of the pace of play. I'd imagine it could become frustrating out there!

This has nothing to do with gender. It has everything to do with stupidity. And we are all aware that stupidity shows no gender bias.

There is no way I would have waited that long. I would have went around them (if possible) or went back to clubhouse and asked for a refund/raincheck.

If the people are ahead are that slow, and it's just those 4 groups, I would have gone around and played the skipped holes at the end of the round. They might not have let you play through but they couldn't have done anything about you driving through. Now if it was slow in front of them, then you'd be SOL.

You say they have the sane tee times when they play? Just make sure you set an earlier tee time.

If the people are ahead are that slow, and it's just those 4 groups, I would have gone around and played the skipped holes at the end of the round. They might not have let you play through but they couldn't have done anything about you driving through. Now if it was slow in front of them, then you'd be SOL.

You say they have the sane tee times when they play? Just make sure you set an earlier tee time.

it was the 1st time i ever played the course i know for future

I`m sorry I`ve played a long time and I`ve played behind lady 4 somes...I totally refuse now to play behind lady 4 somes anymore ...it ends up being a 5 hr round...I`ll go home and play later...There are just to many women that consider golf to be a all day outing....now there are some women that arn`t that way but they are a minority..and I don`t know how to figure out which is which..

Now that`s not to say there isn`t men that are slow....but in most cases they are poor golfers and time is spent looking for balls....

see....women belong in the kitchen!

I am just kidding of course. But, I am kind of with the group here, I play behind slow dudes all the time. Almost 3 hourse for 9 holes is just ridiculous.

You better take a good look at my sig One-T :D

The question should be where is the course Marshall and what is he doing to earn his nut? He should be there coaxing the groups along, and explaining how the faster groups should be able to play through.

Back