Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd Shot on the 15th out of the rough from about 165. Smacked my 6 iron and made the green. Best shot of my short golf tenure so far!

Hit my 3 wood off the tee on a very short, 256 yard par 4 today and left it 15 feet from the pin. Proceeded to 3 putt in normal fashion for a par :banghead:

Hole out from green side bunker for birdie. That led to a birdie-birdie start and an EVEN front 9.

Hole #3 on a course I've never played before. A short par 4 (280yards) with big bunkers in front of the green. Since I don't drive the ball that far usually with my driver I picked it. So I hit the ball and see it go with a nice climbing ball flight. Straight as an arrow and it feels just great and the ball lands just in front of the green and rolls over the green and I end up on the other side of the green about 7yards. I just stood there amazed about the drive of my life..

Tappin' for world peace!

Best shot of yesterday's round...

Fairway bunker....156 yards up hill (about a 50 ft rise) to a 3 tiered green, pin tucked way in the back.
Put it 8 ft from the pin. I drained the slick downhill putt for a bird and a $33 skin in the tourney.

Ok so I have two shots that were great today! The first was a very long put, It was about 40 some feet with a large hump in the middle. I was on the fringe and just kinda wanted to get it close to tap in for bogey. However I hit it and it went up, came down, slowed down a bit and was going right at the hole, sure enough it dropped in for par!! Longest put I ever made! The second was a par four about 400 yards or so. With a horrible drive off the tee then another horrible shot with my 3 wood. I pulled out my 5 iron from about 175 yards away cocked back and let it fly! It went right at the pin, stopped about 4 inches from the hole!! so I got a gimmie par!!

Hit my 3 wood off the tee on a very short, 256 yard par 4 today and left it 15 feet from the pin. Proceeded to 3 putt in normal fashion for a par :banghead:

ah! those hurt! but still a nice drive!

Par-3 third hole, 217 yards to a back left pin placement. Water short and left and you have to fly a sand trap with a high face in order to go at the flag. I hit a nice, high, baby-draw 4-iron pin-high to 8' left of the hole.

Missed the birdie putt but considering the difficulty of the shot, I was more than pleased.

chipped in for eagle on a short par 5 from 20yrds out with my 60

Stuck a draw 7i to 10 feet on #1. Made the double breaker for birdie. Then stuck a wedge to 4 feet on 14. Missed the putt! :(

Hit a nice 5 iron to within 10 feet on a long par 3 today. Really liking the 4 and 5 iron out of this Mizuno set.

Excellent to all the great shots! Mine yesterday was a putt from 8 inches in the rough, went 50+ feet and in the hole on 18 for a birdie! Today nothing as impressive. I got 2 birdies in 4 holes which is great for me, but no really spectacular shots; just a lot of good ones. Maybe 150 yards over the trees of a dogleg to 10 feet?

Today my best shot happened on hole 18. First of all, the 18th is a par 5 dogleg right with the 10th role to the right of it separated by some trees and a cart path. My drive went into the few trees but I had a decent lie so I pulled my 3 wood. I hit a cut to about 55-60 yards in the rough with an alright lie. Now this is the best of my round(probably my life). I took my 60 degree wedge and hit the shot just under a tree and just over a bunker. It took one hop and landed in the hole for the first eagle of my life. It was a pretty great moment for me.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

For me today it was either my 230yard drive straight up the gut on 18 which is 290 about 30 feet up hill to that point or my 60 yard 15ft up hill half 60* wedge shot in that I hit to within 8ft. I only wish I would have sunk my birdy putt rathe that two putt to par.

Third shot on a par 4, chipping from about 30 yards from the green, another 15 to the pin. I thought I hit it too hard, but it hit about 20 feet in front of the hole, hopped once and checked up 2 feet from the pin (and missed the par putt).

last hole...hit my 3h 210 with about 135 to go and hit a nice 7iron onto the green. Too bad I landed in the back of the green so I ended up 3 putting but I was just happy to get a GIR.

1st hole yesterday had about 130 to a front pin and hit a little 3/4 PW 10ft past the pin that rolled back to about 1ft. Always nice to start the round with a birdie.

Hit a drive 295 into 15mph wind on #9. Just destroyed it!!!

My putts on 16, 17 and 18. 7-footers all of them for par, birdie and par. Made cut with a shot to spare in the end, thought I needed to par 18 to make it so the pressure was on in my mind.

A 130 yd par 3 off a 100' cliff hit my tee shot to within 6 feet. Of course I missed the birdie putt, but still a highlight of my round.

-Nate

almost a double eagle from 90yrds out with my 56... tap in eagle
granted i was playing the senior tees with some of the old members of the course... but still a good shot and woulda been my first

Nice 30 footer for par! :). on this par 5, 4 bad shots and 1 great one did make par!

Bombed a drive to about 90 yards (one of the few tee shots that wasn't negatively effected by wind) and then played a knockdown 54* to about 3 feet. Thought it was going to track right into the hole the way it was coming in. Once again more of a "best HOLE of your round" haha!

Some great shots in here guys!

Nothing amazing, but I just recently got confident with my 3H and decided to hit out of the rough 220, over a river onto the green on a long par 5. Well, ball flight and distance weren't bad, but it bounced around middle of the green and landed six or so feet off of it. So, while not a GIR, I was stoked on getting it up and out of the rough and carrying 200 when I haven't been that good with it. Quickly turning into my favorite club. Also made par.

I know it is not much, but I played an executive nine to close the day and hit a shot exactly as I saw it in my minds eye. The last hole is a very short Par 4, irons only off the tee. Today, wind from the ocean (we're about a mile inland) blowing steadily at 15-20 I PURED a whizzing, soft-draw 5 iron to 75 yards. I then pulled my lob wedge and again, pured it, high and soft, playing the wind. According to my friend ball dropped 2 feet from the pin, tried to stop but with the super hard green, bounced into the rough! ARGH! Those greens were like granite, I don't think I could have created a ball mark with a large caliber rifle! (much less get that bad boy to spin and stop)

In the end, even though I ended up with bogey (I was so frustrated I chipped poorly and two putted), I still shot a PR on the course and was very very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back