Does Driver brand matter?

i'm a feel player.
so what you lose 15 yards. if it feels good and you're confident over the club, that's what's important.
and the more you work at it...sooner or later, you'll gain that 15 yards back with the driver you choose.

Where did Jim go? I feel like I just read a book w/o a final chapter.

I might be a little silly, but Brand matters to me only because I like as many of my clubs to match as possible (despite the way my bag looks atm). When I shop for new irons, I narrow it down to 2 or 3 sets, then pick up drivers of matching brand and try them all. I then go with what combo feels the best. This last time, I was deciding b/w x-20s and the diablo driver or the burner irons and driver; I hit lots with both, and decided on the callaway pair b/c I hit the driver straighter (I'm no pro so straight is my primary focus). Some day when I can afford any clubs and a professional fitting I'll go with whatever setup is best regardless of brand, but atm my head likes the clubs to be the same brand.

Jim, how about you post some facts since you are the one so adamant in proving your position? JB has posted an article, has worked with and deals with experts in the industry on a daily basis, and posted the thoughts of an LPGA professional (who is certainly far more knowledgeable than any of us). Or continue to make silly statements in bolded font and reinforce our belief that you are just blowing smoke up our rears.

Interesting.
I think blugold is still circling for an answer as well.:D

You can't prove your point by asking others to prove their's.

Interesting.
I think blugold is still circling for an answer as well.:D

I gave up waiting. I don't need jimjc to tell me how wrong he was/is.

I'm with Jim, simply because I enjoy the use of ellipsis.

I gained about 20 yards when I switched drivers once, but I took it back because it was adjustable and clearly the numbers on the monitor were making my eyes see the ball further away. Maybe they switched the ball for a smaller one just so it looked further away?

Anyhow, I do like my brand names. I'm not fussy which one really, it's just got to look good.

Back