14 STIX - Are You Kidding Me???

Caper

Reaction score
Handicap
I am baffled! I went on 14stix.com and saw they had TaylorMade hats on for $7.99. I liked the hat, it is in my proshop for $30 so it is a great deal, and decided I would buy one. I registered, put it in my cart, filled in my shipping info and proceeded to the shipping/payment page.

I almost spat out my Eggo!!! International economy shipping to Canada is $68.60!!!!!! Priority is $74.62!!! I did a bit of research and found out that they are located in the Continental US, so I do not understand the outlandish shipping costs. I have ordered dozens of things from the US including golf club sets and they were no more than $40 to be shipped and they are heavy and oversized and cost a few hundred dollars. For shipping to be more than 8x the price of the item is CRAZY!

I will be contacting them for sure because this is ludicrous.

Maybe they dont like Canadians?? :D

I agree - that is absolutely insane! You would think for that price you were actually shipping a set of golf clubs overnight....

I used to list 14stix regularly in the Deal of the Day thread until I found out how much the shipping is, seems like someone posted that a similar past deal on a hat the s&h was going to be roughly $15 in the US, they really make a killing on the shipping so it has to be a great deal for me to consider them at all.

Yes, I was about to buy a hat from there, but the shipping was more than the cost of the hat, and total cost was not any better than I could get it at any shop here.

23, that is ridiculous. And 15 to ship it in the US is insane as well.. They market these products as cheap but make up for them by overcharging shipping

Tap tap taparoo

Huh? Are you kidding me? Just because there is a line across a map they are going to gouge you by that much? Ridiculous 23.

Most deals that are too good to be true, are. One reason why I don't look for, or visit discount sites on the internet.

Dude, you can have them shipped to me and I will ship them out to you. You can just paypal me the shipping

used to see this all the time from sellers on ebay to avoid the fees they charged....rules have since changed.

but for this to take place on one's own website is just insane

Dude, you can have them shipped to me and I will ship them out to you. You can just paypal me the shipping
That's a really nice offer, but when it is all said and done, probably still cheaper and easier for him to get it at his pro shop!

I think you need more stuff in your signature, it's kinda small :D

It's crazy how much our Canadian brethren are being killed on shipping. Perhaps overton is onto something here, a "hey, I'm in canada, ship me something" thread is in order.

For that much was the hat at least delivered by a singing stripper?

used to see this all the time from sellers on ebay to avoid the fees they charged....rules have since changed.

but for this to take place on one's own website is just insane

I also think people do it on ebay because if they have to refund a product, they don;t include shipping charges. So instead of charging $50 and $10 shipping, they charge $35 and $25 shipping. It's something to look atif two sellers are very close in total price, I go with the one with less shipping charges.

It is sad that some companies see shipping costs as a huge profit centre. This is "predatory customer service"... words that shouldn't be used together.

Whoa, that’s ridiculous.

I'd hate to see how much shipping is for some of the jackets or bags they have on sale sometimes!

That's a really nice offer, but when it is all said and done, probably still cheaper and easier for him to get it at his pro shop!

I think you need more stuff in your signature, it's kinda small :D

hahaha, I take up lots of space everywhere I am

I've been there. One thing also you have to consider is the customs charges. Those will usually be incurred no matter where you get things, even if it's from a fellow THPer. Customs slapped an extra $70 on me when I bought One-T's driver shaft. My last order from Blind 9 had an extra $10 put on it. Just something to be aware of.

For $70 bucks you could ship yourself to the hat.....:D

I have seen some high prices, but this one was just insane. I mean, it's a $30 hat! I am thinking of emailing them and asking if they can get the truck driver to wear the hat so it won't take up space in the back. Maybe that will decrease the shipping cost? :confused2:

One-T: Thanks for the offer! It would actually be cheaper for me to buy it here rather than ship it twice and get it over the imaginary line between the two countries. I really do appreciate the offer!

SW: I totally agree that the "Ship it to the Poor Frigger in Canada" thread is a good idea. Especially when some sites offer free shipping to the US and and outlandish price to Canada. Items can be sent as "gifts" to cut down on the duty as well I believe.

wow, unreal.

That is outrageous...I checked on shipping to Florida, and the shipping was $9.87, shipping costs more than the hat does.

...good looking hat though...

Back