US Womens Open Contest & Thread [Spoilers]

It's a Korean alcoholic beverage company. Next time you eat Korean BBQ order it. It's like spiked lemonade and it'll get you drunk because you're pigging out on short ribs and chugging the stuff like it was water. Pronounced hee-tay.

You bet! I love me some short ribs!

You bet! I love me some short ribs!

It's good stuff...

Also she looks like she's putting with a TM Ghost #1 with a fastback. Probably Japanese spec. I like the 3 line alignment aid.

That 3 putt by Seo changes things quite a bit!

God does Seo look like she's got a table cloth on....

They said she designs her own clothing line and they sell like hotcakes in Korea, I guess the hotcakes and table cloth idea just came to her naturally.

That chime in the middle of a backswing is crazy!! Impressed that Seo was still able to hit such a quality shot from the FW on 18.

Look at all those beautiful Taylormade clubs Seo is using! :D

I want to know what putter Karrie Webb is using. Looks like a center shaft ghost mid mallet. But not the same as one of the flying Molinaris.

Did someone say short ribs? I sensed a short rib mention.

Kevin

Johnny mentioned that it looks like she has lost her feel for the game. Pepper said she was too mechanical. Johnny said but she was raised to be a golfer since she was a young girl. Pepper said, I know, and I would never teach a child that way. At some point you need to step back and allow the talent to shine. The tone to me indicated it was a direct shot at Wie's parents.

Kevin

It was indeed a shot at Wei's parents, but I think it was more of a a shot at "mechanics" in general and I think she's right on the money; there's far too much emphasis on mechanics than there is on talent and I think golf loses somewhat because of that.

Last edited:
Wow, spent about 5 hours in a car today going to and coming from the Women's US Open today.

So, my buddy and I arrived at the course (after 2 hour drive down) about 9:30am. We immediately headed in search of Ms. Paula, Ryan O'Toole, Brittany Lincicome, Natalie Gulbis, Sandra Gal and Michelle Wie. So we essentially arrived MID 3rd round.

We found our way between the 1st tee, 3rd Green, 4th tee and 18th green. It was a funky setup in my opinion, but heck I don't design courses! We stayed and watched Brittany Lincicome hit a decent tee shot into the 4th Green. From there we were able to turn around and watch approach shots into the 18th. MAN that hole was setup TOUGH! As we watched Brittany's group walk to the 4th green, Michelle Wie and Sandra Gal were hitting their approaches into the 18th. Michelle Wie is every single bit of 6'3". I met her once before and was shocked then, and I'm still shocked now.

We then moved up to the 4th green and then to the 5th tee and Brittany BOOMED driver just right of center and I don't know how long, but a good 20+ longer than her playing partners. Which brings me to my next point, having watched all those ladies swing it really looks so smooth and effortless in person. No one seems like they're swinging fast or hard; Except Brittany Lincicome and Ryan O'Toole. Those two really seemed to attack their ball.

After the 5th tee my buddy and I went searching for Ms. Creamer. We made our way back to the 13th green. And then we knew we had found her. Paula's gallery was GINORMOUS. The largest by far! I don't know how to truly estimate how many people were only following her but my best guess would have been a just short of a couple thousand. To seriously show the disparity between some of the other groups; my buddy and LESS than 50 other people watched Brittany Lincicome's pairing as they moved through the 3 holes we started at. This also of course could've been in part to the fact that Paula was absolutely relevant at that time (mid 3rd round) as well, but the shear quantity of pink taylormade apparel was reason enough to think otherwise. I stood and waited at the 14th tee while everyone followed her to the 13 green and I had the absolute best seat for her next tee shot. As they all hit and Paula was the first to walk past I was within 15 feet and said to her the usual words of encouragement "Go Paula!" not loudly, but she completely acknowledged the cheer... and THIS is why I love women's golf! They're much different with the fans interaction or so it seems to me.

Moving on, we went back down to the Par 3 16th and setup shop about 30ish yards front right of the green. This was a pretty cool vantage point and we stuck around long enough for O'Toole's group to come through. Poor Ryan had just bogey or doubled the 15th. Sidenote; while watching this hole, Kristie Kerr's group all had tee shots within 10-12 ft of the hole and they all came away with birdie. Ryan's group came through and the closest to the hole was maybe 25 ft? Ryan missed her par putt and slammed the putter head with her hand.

We then started to make our way back to the clubhouse as we wanted to grab lunch OFF property to save a couple bucks. As we headed down the left side of the 17th fairway a ball came hooking our way. Initials: RO clearly visible. We stopped and huddled around it. Ryan came up and was actually in very good spirits considering her current streak of holes. She was VERY cool to the VERY close crowd. Heard some cool interactions with her caddie and man was she fast! Assessed the situation, grab club, SWING. She ended up in the rough on the right side for her 3rd but hit a decent shot from the rough at about 150 with a "look" at birdie but we kept trucking.

So my buddy and I went to lunch and came back and noticed a ton of people were starting the mass exodus. We went out to the 1st green, saw Beatriz Recari and her group play through along with another group and then came Hjorth, Gulbis and Duncan. This group had barely anyone following them. We sat on the west side of the green literally 15 ft from the cup and watched 3 groups come through, only to see the lighting and thunderstorm enter from the northwest and hear the horn blow as Hjorth and her group were settling on the green.

So after waiting only about 15 minutes for our shuttle back to the parking lot, to sit in 3 hours of traffic before arriving home and missing MOST of the 4th round after it got started back up, here I am reporting out to you guys.

It was an awesome experience regardless of the traffic. The event is run so RIDICULOUSLY well. They had 20 busses on standby as soon as there was a hint or rain. I was SO THOROUGHLY impressed with the efficiency of how the event was run I'm in awe truly. Such a great cap to the weekend. I can only hope they bring more big time golf back to colorado in the future if not near future!

Last edited:
That chime in the middle of a backswing is crazy!! Impressed that Seo was still able to hit such a quality shot from the FW on 18.

Every 15 minutes man! And then at the noon chime there was like 3 minutes worth of music or something crazy? And the 15 minute increments of noon were all longer than the usual 15 minute chimes. Brittany Lincicome backed off a putt because of the chime as did many others we saw.

Johnny mentioned that it looks like she has lost her feel for the game. Pepper said she was too mechanical. Johnny said but she was raised to be a golfer since she was a young girl. Pepper said, I know, and I would never teach a child that way. At some point you need to step back and allow the talent to shine. The tone to me indicated it was a direct shot at Wie's parents.

Kevin
Gotcha, thanks.

They said she designs her own clothing line and they sell like hotcakes in Korea, I guess the hotcakes and table cloth idea just came to her naturally.

Last night, while I was watching it, my wife walks in and says, "Who's the girl going to a picnic".

The ladies are back in action right now. Several players within 2 shots with only a few holes left to try and catch Seo.

Can somebody who's watching it do some posting of the action, especially with Ryu and Stanford?. No ESPN2 or 3 at work.

Thanks,

Can somebody who's watching it do some posting of the action, especially with Ryu and Stanford?. No ESPN2 or 3 at work.

Thanks,

+100 on that!

Wow, what a pressure putt to force the playoff! Nice!

Wow, what a pressure putt to force the playoff! Nice!

Ryu tie it???

Just saw the leaderboard update online. 18 hole playoff - sweet!!

They just said I have a chance now!

does it go with wasabi?

It's a Korean alcoholic beverage company. Next time you eat Korean BBQ order it. It's like spiked lemonade and it'll get you drunk because you're pigging out on short ribs and chugging the stuff like it was water. Pronounced hee-tay.

Ryu tie it???
She did! Oh sorry guys, yeah the two Koreans are tied at the top, and Stanford needs a miracle hole-out from a terrible lie in the left rough on 18 to join them.

The playoff will be three holes (16, 17, 18) then I think they just keep playing 18 sudden death if they need more.

The playoff will be three holes (16, 17, 18) then I think they just keep playing 18 sudden death if they need more.

wait what?!?!?! It's only the Men that play another whole round of 18 at the US Open when a playoff occurs?

Just found this online:

A new playoff format started with the 2007 U.S. Women’s Open. If the championship is tied after four rounds, a three-hole playoff will take place immediately following the conclusion of the fourth round.

http://www.uswomensopen.com/news/fact_sheet.html

Back