hartattack52

High School Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
I am looking for a Taylormade towel, but they all have a cloth loop instead of a clip. I want one with a clip so that i can hook it onto my bag. Does anyone know of a Taylormade towel with a clip on it?

Why not get a cheap carabiner to clip it on with?

Why not get a cheap carabiner to clip it on with?

I concur. Most of the time the plastic clips end up breaking anyway. Golfsmith sells a 3 pack of small carabiners pretty cheap.
On a side note, rather than clip the towel to your bag, I install grommets into the head covers of every putter I've owned and clip the towel right to that. This way it's there when I clean my clubs and it's with me in the green to wipe my ball clean prior to putting. I also use that Amphibian golf towel and love it. The inside stays wet all round long and the outside is dry to dry clubs after cleaning them with the wet side.
4352835c-6f84-a0ac.jpg

yeah...I wasn't thinking at all haha. I'll get the carabiners. Thanks. And thanks for the link dawgdaddy.

I concur. Most of the time the plastic clips end up breaking anyway. Golfsmith sells a 3 pack of small carabiners pretty cheap.
On a side note, rather than clip the towel to your bag, I install grommets into the head covers of every putter I've owned and clip the towel right to that. This way it's there when I clean my clubs and it's with me in the green to wipe my ball clean prior to putting. I also use that Amphibian golf towel and love it. The inside stays wet all round long and the outside is dry to dry clubs after cleaning them with the wet side.
4352835c-6f84-a0ac.jpg

Very good Idea. I might have to try it...

When your towel is clipped to your bag, how do you carry it to the green to wipe your golf ball after marking it? Are you constantly unclipping it.

Kevin

I keep another towel that i carry to the green. I don't know why, but it is what I have always done.

I always carry a small towel to take to the green.

Yeah, it just seems easier.

Yeah, it just seems easier.

Two towels? I'm a one towel kind of guy. I like a wet towel that hangs out of the cart basket. $1.67 at Walmart, or $.99 at Ikea, but I haven't been to Ikea in a while, thank God. Though I always have a big Italian Beef at Portillos when I do go. I bet there are ten golf towels in my trunk, and fifteen in the back of our van.

Never caught the specific golf towel fever, though I do like the black towels from Walmart.

Kevin

The Ogio bags have an elastic towel loop that holds mine on tight. Obviously a bit of an investment for your needs, but I love that feature of the bag.

When your towel is clipped to your bag, how do you carry it to the green to wipe your golf ball after marking it? Are you constantly unclipping it.

Kevin

Not sure who your asking. If it's me, the towel is clipped via grommet on hear cover and carabiner. I take the headcover with me to the green on the putter. Mark ball, clean ball, remover head cover and putt.

I am looking for a Taylormade towel, but they all have a cloth loop instead of a clip. I want one with a clip so that i can hook it onto my bag. Does anyone know of a Taylormade towel with a clip on it?

Having the same problem with the TM towel a few weeks back, the sewn on loop has already torn off. Have to find a way to rig it up with a new loop.

Although the amphibian towels have caught my eye...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a 2 towel guy as well.
The THP towel stays clipped to the bag for cleaning the clubs and the wet on one end towel goes with me to the green.

Not sure who your asking. If it's me, the towel is clipped via grommet on hear cover and carabiner. I take the headcover with me to the green on the putter. Mark ball, clean ball, remover head cover and putt.

I actually think your idea is genius. I may have to look into that. I'm like Kevin though, I just have towels. I do have a spotless on my bag but I rarely use it. I like to use old green towels, I don't know why.

Instead of taking a head cover and a towel in addition to your club up to the green, why not get a Balzee that fits in your pocket?

http://getballzee.com/ballzee_golf/ballzee_golf.html

Instead of taking a head cover and a towel in addition to your club up to the green, why not get a Balzee that fits in your pocket?

Haha, I have one of these. The guy in our Golf Depot just gave it to me as they never sell! It's brilliant though, just dampen it at the start of your round and it stays wet on the inside the entire round. Ingenious

No fancy$$$ logo golf towels here. Just a nice, thick cotton water-soaked one to clean clubs and a dry one. Got lots of golf towels from outings.

I've never thought of bringing a towel to the green. I always use whichever article of clothing is darkest if I need to wipe off my golf ball.

Was at my golf shop a few weeks ago and got a 2 pack of these. At first I loved them, but playing early last Sunday and the course being very, very wet, the ballzee couldnt handle the amount of grass/water that the course put on the ball. Will use this for the "not so wet" days, and grab an extra towel for the "why am I playing in these conditions" days.

Was at my golf shop a few weeks ago and got a 2 pack of these. At first I loved them, but playing early last Sunday and the course being very, very wet, the ballzee couldnt handle the amount of grass/water that the course put on the ball. Will use this for the "not so wet" days, and grab an extra towel for the "why am I playing in these conditions" days.

That is what I do. If there is morning dew out, I carry a towel to the green. If the course is dry, that is when the Ballzee gets some action.

I play at a course that has club washers on the cart, so I don't need a wet towel for that. When I'm on the green, I just lick my thumb and wipe the ball clean, seems to work just fine the last 2 decades or so :smile:

I have BallZee bur honestly for me the towel clipped on the head cover works best. Especially on wet days, I found the BallZee quickly became filled with mud. Like I said, for me it works especially since the head cover didn't come off until I was ready to putt and went back on before I even walk off the green. Nike method... At $300... The cover is always on so it nice always having the towel with me, especially if I'm in a bunker or have to chip, I otter grab my SW and putter and walk to ball while my buddy drives around green or to his. Now I have the towel to clean the wedge as well.
As far as using clothing, my shirts are all from the TW collection so at $80-95 a shirt, I won't be using them to clean dirt, grass an mudd off my ball. As far as the thumb... I'd you enjoy the taste of mud an grass, more power to ya.

Quick question...is a "cart towel" or "players towel" better for a stand bag. I know the players towel is bigger, but will it still fit on a stand bag without dragging on the ground.

Back