Vision Golf Ball Forum Review Thread

I saw the yellow ones today in the office. Nice looking ball

I can get some if the vision balls at a course about 10 minutes down the road from me. I might have to go back down there and pick a few dozen up. I think they are the older models, but I like the yellows that I have played.

Side-by-side comparison with a Penta TP. Note the varying dimple sizes.
268073_744332405363_63200049_36877914_4318222_n.jpg

This picture looks awesome for comparison!!

The Clear white gel looks very weird, what does it feel like?

It does not feel a whole lot different than a typical golf ball. I agree, it really does look weird.
It's hard to tell from the photograph, but there is a clear outer layer that has dimples that do NOT match up with the visible inner layer dimples... so it is kind of deceiving when you touch it, where the bumps will actually be.

Good stuff! Love the side by side shot with the TM Penta.

First impressions...is there a ball out of the 6 that you seem to prefer just by look and feel in hand?

Honestly, most of them feel pretty dang similar to me. If I had to choose just one to tee up, I would be most confident with The Arctic, mainly because it looks the closest to a "typical" golf ball that I am used to. The only thing that appears different from the appearance are the varying dimple sizes, the markings/symbols on the outside, and a "specular" (almost glittery) finish to the ball. I cannot recall the last time I hit a yellow golf ball. I have never hit a pink ball to my knowledge. I'm afraid of shattering The Gel balls. I really cannot wait to tee up all of these though...

Looking forward to hearing what people think of these, particularly spin and how they land on greens.

I'm extremely interested to see how these perform for the testers. I personally LOVE the way they look.

Good to see that everyone is starting to get their packs,,,,,, :) as you can see Russell my Test
Pilot mascot loves to travel.

I had a question in regards to the icon within the Vision logo, "what does it mean?"

When I was looking to develop my own brand I wanted it to mean something to players and
to relate directly what we are about in a very straightforward manner.

VISION was decided upon because we believe we have a great Vision of what can help players
with their game whilst working a little outside the square in a more futuristic style approach,
with better visable performance being the cornerstone of our designs. I also grew up with surf
(bodyboarding) and skateboarding and have always appreciated their brand styles etc and have
brought some of this into my packaging and brand development over time.

The ICON represents an EYE for Vision and the PLUS sign in the middle for all the advantages
we bring to the party in terms of overall performance and style.

I hope you all see some merit in what we are doing and yes this Vision Project is still a work
in progress but as you can see from the great images we have a well developed story in place
today that is finding us more support every year.

Cheers,
Boz.

PS Guys to anyone that has missed out on testing the balls or is looking for extra product .
I have spoken to JB about looking at a special THP Test Pilot pack from Oz, so if you will bare
with me whilst I see what happens with two THP special packs I have sent this week to the US
THP members I should have enough info to advise what I can do in the near future.

Last edited:
Hopefully mine show tomorrow. All I got today was some junk mail.

I hope I get mine tomorrow! I love the look of the balls! CANNOT WAIT!

I got me a THP package today! \o/

Thank you THP and Vision Golf for the opportunity to test these out. I will do my best to put them through the ringer and give hopefully meaningful input.

visionbox.jpg

inside.jpg

sorry this one's fuzzy, need better lighting - will try to take better pics in a bit
golfballs.jpg

On first impression - LOVE how the yellow ones look. Really looking forward to see if this helps in spotting them in the rough/woods. The white ones have almost a silver sheen to them. it's really interesting. The logos are large, but not big enough I think they'd be a distraction.

Really digging the alignment aids, with one larger one smaller. The visibility of the larger is really nice, while the subtlety and clean simple straight line of the smaller I think will be nice for lining up those putts. Definitely going to try each way to see what I like better.

VERY much interested in how the dimple pattern affects flight.

They feel reasonably soft (I like to squeeze them and compare, color me strange), but still seems like they have a durable shell. Interested in seeing how the shell holds up over a couple rounds.

Overall they seem like a solid ball and really looking forward to getting out and hitting them. I'll be hitting the chipping/putting range with them tomorrow, so will have an update tomorrow night.

well.... didn't know the girlfriend had not gotten the mail yet... The Visions have arrived.

Will post initial thoughts tomorrow.

Hi Guys. I'm another one of those Damn Aussies that have been trying & using these Balls for a little while now. I am really enjoying reading all the posts & looking at the Photos.
The Vision Experience has been great fun for quite a few of us & now you guys are getting the opportunity to join the fun. There is no one anywhere in Business More Genuine than Boz.
He really looks after his test pilots& his service is second to none. One word of Warning however. He loves to tease us with hits of what is comeing next.
I am waiting with interest to read what all of you think of the different Vision Balls.

Just munchin on my Vegemite sandwich while reading this post and thought I'd say G'day....lol. Welcome to the Vision experience. Smergs didn't let you all know that the UV 'charges' in the sunlight and gets brighter. Put it under a fluro light for 10 - 15 minutes and watch it glow. Pinky is a favourite of mine, lil miss is pictured with one, and it's not just for the girls. You'll be greatly disappointed if you think it's only a girl ball. Saw someone say they were scared of cracking the crystal ball....I'm guessing the 'gel'. We have a Longdriver who hits them and he hasn't broke one. Look forward to your reviews. Boz listens to us, the regular Joe's, as he's developing a ball for our use. Feedback good and bad is helping the improvement. Enjoy the testing.

What a great surprise to come home from a little get away with the Mrs. and find out I've been selected. Thanks to THP and Vision for the opportunity.

Just munchin on my Vegemite sandwich while reading this post and thought I'd say G'day....lol. Welcome to the Vision experience. Smergs didn't let you all know that the UV 'charges' in the sunlight and gets brighter. Put it under a fluro light for 10 - 15 minutes and watch it glow. Pinky is a favourite of mine, lil miss is pictured with one, and it's not just for the girls. You'll be greatly disappointed if you think it's only a girl ball. Saw someone say they were scared of cracking the crystal ball....I'm guessing the 'gel'. We have a Longdriver who hits them and he hasn't broke one. Look forward to your reviews. Boz listens to us, the regular Joe's, as he's developing a ball for our use. Feedback good and bad is helping the improvement. Enjoy the testing.

Thanks for that bit of information. I had been wanting to ask if these "charged" when in bright light to make them glow when it starts to get dark/overcast.

I found my trial pack sitting on my counter when I got home last night at 8:30 pm from work... a nice little boost after a looooong Monday.

IMG00033-20110712-0818.jpg

IMG00034-20110712-0818.jpg

IMG00031-20110712-0815.jpg

IMG00035-20110712-0844.jpg

IMG00036-20110712-0845.jpg

Initial thoughts...
I love the looks of these balls! The larger numbers I think are awesome and I like the little unique logos on the Russel and 808. At this moment without playing the balls I am partial to the yellow color... it really pops and stands out in the grass (and I'm sure almost anywhere else).

And from what I can tell all of these balls have different names, so I believe I may have 6 different balls to test...? This may change my testing approach a little and I'm going to figure out what is going to be the best way for me to get the most feedback for everyone... and I better not lose any on the first tee shot... haha!

I'll be getting out Friday night for 27... I can't wait!

Some of you have been asking about Vision's "The Gel" ball and it appearance. It almost has a clear coat with flakes, I assume the flakes will reflect the sunlight, giving it a glow type effect. If you remember Maxfli had the Noodle Ice golf balls... I would compare the appearance similiar to those. But where the Noodle had a dull appearance... the Vision's The Gel definitely doesn't...

When JB and I played with Kelly and Ole Gray, Kelly was using Russell and he was so easy to find. No matter where her ball landed (Which was mostly in the fairway) we could easily spot Russell.

I love the Pictures so far and look forward to reading & seeing more soon. I'm also very interested in what test package might become available @ THP:D Keep it coming....

When JB and I played with Kelly and Ole Gray, Kelly was using Russell and he was so easy to find. No matter where her ball landed (Which was mostly in the fairway) we could easily spot Russell.

Yep, you're right. He was glowing big time until I dumped him deep in the murky water. Poor Russell. I miss him. He was such a good ball. I guess he got too hot out there and decided to go for a swim.

Mine finally came in so here's some pics as well as my initial thoughts...

Right from the start, I'm impressed by the big graphics and sheen from the ball. The graphics clearly stand out like no other ball I've seen before, let alone played with. My daughter says the sheen and glow from the ball, along with the dispersed dimple pattern makes the ball "look like a dragon egg." Interesting since my hope is that they soar through the air.

Speaking of the dimple pattern on this X3, it is a mix of small and large dimples dispersed throughout the shell. Reminds me of both my TM Burner Tour (my usual ball) and the e6 (play it occasionally). The Burner Tour has a more organized dimple pattern alternating rows of small and large dimples. The e6 has more of a "flower" dimple pattern where a large dimple is surrounded by the smaller dimples. The Vision, by comparison, has triangles of smaller dimples surrounded by the larger ones. I will be curious to see how this "pattern" affects ball flight.

The Vision balls also feel lighter in hand than my Burner Tours. One thing I will be taking note of when testing is the feel of these balls around the green, especially with how light and soft these feel versus my usual golf balls.

Finally, the X3's have a smooth feel to them even though the dimples are still rather pronounced on the outer shell. It just looks like they're ready to cut through the air after they're struck.

I'll be hitting the range with these shortly on Friday (unfortunately this week's work schedule doesn't allow me to do it sooner than that) but I'll be using these on the practice green there so will give you updates on chipping/pitching/putting then. A round is in the works for this weekend as well so stay tuned.

Thanks again to THP and Vision Golf for this great opportunity! Can't wait to get out there!

Mine finally came in so here's some pics as well as my initial thoughts...

Right from the start, I'm impressed by the big graphics and sheen from the ball. The graphics clearly stand out like no other ball I've seen before, let alone played with. My daughter says the sheen and glow from the ball, along with the dispersed dimple pattern makes the ball "look like a dragon egg." Interesting since my hope is that they soar through the air.

Speaking of the dimple pattern on this X3, it is a mix of small and large dimples dispersed throughout the shell. Reminds me of both my TM Burner Tour (my usual ball) and the e6 (play it occasionally). The Burner Tour has a more organized dimple pattern alternating rows of small and large dimples. The e6 has more of a "flower" dimple pattern where a large dimple is surrounded by the smaller dimples. The Vision, by comparison, has triangles of smaller dimples surrounded by the larger ones. I will be curious to see how this "pattern" affects ball flight.

The Vision balls also feel lighter in hand than my Burner Tours. One thing I will be taking note of when testing is the feel of these balls around the green, especially with how light and soft these feel versus my usual golf balls.

Finally, the X3's have a smooth feel to them even though the dimples are still rather pronounced on the outer shell. It just looks like they're ready to cut through the air after they're struck.

I'll be hitting the range with these shortly on Friday (unfortunately this week's work schedule doesn't allow me to do it sooner than that) but I'll be using these on the practice green there so will give you updates on chipping/pitching/putting then. A round is in the works for this weekend as well so stay tuned.

Thanks again to THP and Vision Golf for this great opportunity! Can't wait to get out there!

Awesome! I cant wait to get mine today after work :fingerscrossed:

Mine came today, so you should get yours too, Texas. Unboxing pics to come.

Finally was able to get the pictures up here so here we go!

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

Notice the dimple patterns, very interesting to see this in action

IMG_0153.jpg

My pink lady!

Back