What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
played a bridgestone E7 today for the full round.

quite liked it. going to compare to the b330 rx tour next round .

what ball did I play?

Hmm lets see

2 pentas, a bridgestone 330rx, a pinnacle gold, a wilson jack/spin, a taylormade TP black, a nike One Black and another Nike ball and 2 Top Flight XL Distance

Line of the weekend...."what , you mean to tell me my Top FLight XL Distance didnt check up on the green"

All joking aside, I hit 2 long putts with it

haha yep, 2 long putts, and an apartment/VW GTI haha!

Dan I need the Penta back I gave you so I have a ball to play tomorrow

I'll give you the Penta I used for the entire round haha!

I used a Penta for the first time last night. I think I have found a replacement for the Pro V 1's I have been using. Really love the feel of the Penta, plus the cover seems a lot more durable to me.

I picked up three dozen Wilson Staff FG Tour golf balls for $53 and change. I'm curious to see how they match up to the ProV1x I usually play.

I used the free Penta ball Thursday evening for the first time. Pretty good ball, but a little shorter for me off the tee than the B330RX. Good spin with the wedges and it is good on the greens. Shot 81.

Friday evening I played a yellow e6. I'm really liking this ball a lot. It is a bit longer for me than the B330RX but not as much spin around the greens with the wedges as I like, but still a very good ball. I was able to stop it dead a couple of times, but it reallt takes a steep angle to get a lot of spin. Very durable. Still looked really good after 18. Shot 84.

Top Flite XL and Srixon soft feel. 4th time playing so I have no idea what to look for in a ball yet. Just trying not to lose so many haha

I won two sleeves of Callaway Hot (orange). They were OK. I am a 12 handicap and I'm not sure if the ball makes much difference for me

Callaway tour IZ and I hated it! Short off the tee and every other club. Plus, around the green with wedges and putter it makes this horrible "click" sound when hitting it.

I'm very amused to read all this talk of "spin" around the greens. I've been playing golf 30 years and never spun a ball back - NOT ONCE! I've also never seen anyone playing with me spin a ball backwards. We must play a different kind of golf up here in New England. :D

Callaway tour IZ and I hated it! Short off the tee and every other club. Plus, around the green with wedges and putter it makes this horrible "click" sound when hitting it.

I'm very amused to read all this talk of "spin" around the greens. I've been playing golf 30 years and never spun a ball back - NOT ONCE! I've also never seen anyone playing with me spin a ball backwards. We must play a different kind of golf up here in New England. :D

I played this ball in my last round, I liked it, it was long off of the tee, and checked up well on the greens

I tend to play Taylormade's Penta. The 5 layer technology really seems to work. I love it in all areas of the game.

bought a doz Z-stars today...tried them out in my round tonight...they are alright. Have to see though..still think I like my ProV1's better...after I go though all of them I am going to try the Penta's

I played the Gamer v2 this last weekend at Iron Horse in North Richland Hills, TX... on a recommendation from the local golf shop. He said something like it's the best non-"tour" tour ball for the money... and it was good. nailed it w/ the new driver as well...

I played 9 today with a Gamer v2. I found it to be very long off the tee, and decent action on the greens. Has anyone else tried these out, thoughts?

Played the Nike 20XI-s yesterday and today. I liked it just fine. Felt good and seemed to be just as long as other premium balls. For the most part, it doesn't seem to spin quite as much as a ProV but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I did have one spin back about 10 feet. All in all, I think it's a good ball.

Been playing Pro V1 for 3 years, best ball out there in my opinion.

Played the Penta for 9 and the Pro V1 for 9. The Penta felt harder but not as much so as a Pro V1x. I hit both about the same distance with no noticeable change in ball flight. Both performed well around and on the green. I will probably stick with the Pro V1s.

Callaway HX Diablo tour.....great ball at a great price point.....pondering has begun

I recently switched to the cally I(z) for me its long off the tee with minimal driver spin,medium ballflight,checks and spins nicely around the green and feels good off the putter,not great but good enough.

switching over to the callaway i(s) after gaming Pro V1 for years. looking forward to see how it stacks up

Played the nike vapor speed my last 2 rounds and overall I liked it but not enough to stop playing either the Bridgestone e6 or the Taylormade Burner's that I'm currently playing. Ball felt good off of the driver was fairly soft on the putter, overall it felt almost exactly like the burner.

Bridgestone B330-RX, love the added distance off the tee & spin around the greens.

TaylorMade Penta TP, think I have found my ball. Loved the distance it gave me from the Tee, the feel from the irons and the control with the short game. Came off the putter head very nicely too

Last few rounds I've been using the Srixon Z-Star. Like it a lot. Seems easier for an old fart like me to compress so I don't lose distance like I do with other premium balls, and it is more durable than Pro V1, Penta or B330. Even after bouncing an 8I approach off a concrete cart path the other day I could barely find the road rash scuff. Maybe not quite as much check on shorter pitches as the Penta or Pro V1, but I still like it better.

I played today with a Pro v. Had 2 birdies for the first time on a while. Felt great.

Bought some WS C25s on sale, played them last week three rounds, not real happy. It's an okay ball play wise but my wedges really shred these fast, more than any other ball I have tried. I loved Zips but these pale in comparison for me, to top it off I was cleaning up clubs and bag and found that one of the C25s had cracked, have cut balatas before but never cracked a ball before, first thought I maybe caught it thin and cut it but the crack runs crooked and has no indentation or deformation from impact. Won't be buying any more.

Went back to E6s today, still second only to the 330RX for me, if I could find a deal on 330Rxs would play nothing else.

I actually went through seven Pro V1x's on Sunday. Normally, I limit myself to a sleeve. If I happen to lose three, I am not playing well to play the Titleists. There are usually a decent alternative in my bag that i pick up as gifts or giveaways. However, it appears my little girls had gotten into the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back