Golf Galaxy rocks

MarcW

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN
Was there yesterday, looking around cause I had a gift card (thanks MikeDean) that was burning a hole in my pocket. I found a used Burner 2.0 3 wood that was marked $163.00 (new one is $199) and carried it around the store thinking whether I should buy it or not. A manager came up to me and asked if I wanted to hit it and I said I already did and that I was just thinking about buying it. He came up to me a few minutes later and said he wouldn't let me buy it, that Taylor Made is going to have a promotion starting soon where they are going to give $50 off Burner 2.0 fairway woods. So I got a new 2.0 3 wood for $149 instead of the used one for $163, plus with my $20 gift card, it dropped down to $129. (Got a Mashie M2 for sale in the Marketplace)
That's the kind of customer service that will keep me going back to Golf Galaxy.:clapp:

That's great Marc...I saw that GPPgolf.com just started that promotion

That's nice to hear Marc. Not only did you get what you want, but you received some great customer service as well. :)

That's how all companies should operate!

Good deal, all stores should do business this way.

That's awesome service congrats!

Great stuff...I've always had good dealings with my local Golf Galaxy as well.

Send that manager to the Akron Golf Galaxy for a few weeks. Maybe he can whip that poor excuse for a crew into shape.

wish that service was like that everywhere

That's awesome! Great service

Tap tap taparoo

glad to see you had good service there...and glad that gift card helped!!

Wish the golf galaxy around here was like that. I refuse to go anymore.

Send that manager to the Akron Golf Galaxy for a few weeks. Maybe he can whip that poor excuse for a crew into shape.

Good lord yes. My driver came from there and when I asked for the service tag from Ping you'd think I was asking for the deed to the building. If not for the $250 in gift cards I would have bought it somewhere else. Never did get the service tag.

Awesome that the guy took the extra step for you, MarcW.

Great service by Golf Galaxy, good stuff Marc!

I really feel like Golf Galaxy (at least in Ohio) has always been a HUGE hit or miss depending on which guy you interact with. I've had some seriously awesome experiences there, and some seriously mediocre ones. Are you referring to the Golf Galaxy off Medina road in Montrose? They seemed pretty receptive the couple times I've been in there.. Small store though.

Great service. Congrats on the great deal. I went to a Golf Galaxy to have my clubs checked for lofts and lies. As the gentleman at the repair counter started to check the lofts and lies, I asked how much it would cost. He looked around the store, and said, "Nothing. I'm not busy at all.". I was prepared to pay, but VERY happy. He even adjusted a couple of my clubs to even out the lofts throughout the set. No charge. I will be going back there to shop because of this guy!

I guess it all depends on where you go because the Golf Galaxy near me is terrible. The staff is lazy and too busy BS-ing with each other to answer any questions or help out in any way. I actually drive 30 minutes out of my way to go to Golfsmith or a different Golf Galaxy. It is shame because it is a really nice big store too.

that rocks man...

I guess it all depends on where you go because the Golf Galaxy near me is terrible. The staff is lazy and too busy BS-ing with each other to answer any questions or help out in any way. I actually drive 30 minutes out of my way to go to Golfsmith or a different Golf Galaxy. It is shame because it is a really nice big store too.

Which one is that Dev?
I live about 5 minutes from the one in Mt. Laurel (the Golfsmith in Moorestown too) and they're both great.
Never had anything but good experiences in both.
I do prefer the Galaxy because of the rewards program, have a $10 certificate waiting to be used this week.

Which one is that Dev?
I live about 5 minutes from the one in Mt. Laurel (the Golfsmith in Moorestown too) and they're both great.
Never had anything but good experiences in both.
I do prefer the Galaxy because of the rewards program, have a $10 certificate waiting to be used this week.

The one on Rt 10 in East Hannover. I normally end up going to Golfsmith in Totowa or Golf Galaxy in Paramus, which is a pain but I really do not like the staff at the East Hannover store. I bought my irons there and they never told me they included a free fitting. I went back a few days later for the fitting and the guy didnt even pay attention or give me any feeback. It was a waste of time. I went to Paramus to use my $10 certificate over the weekend. Picked up Maxfli Tour LC balls for $29.99 for 2 dozen (Buy 1 get one free)

I love Golf Galaxy too. I live in Lake county, Fl so its a little bit of a drive to go to any golf store. Golfsmith is the closest, but i wil literally drive the hour to Golf Galaxy on Sand Lake/Turkey Lake. The pro there, Mike is one awesome dude. He will go out of his way to help you, as will all the guys there (sorry i cant remember the names). This place puts Golfsmith to shame...Although Edwin Watts in Cassleberry has a father and son that work there that rock too

Good for them, they did the right thing and you got a great club at a great price.

I love Golf Galaxy too. I live in Lake county, Fl so its a little bit of a drive to go to any golf store. Golfsmith is the closest, but i wil literally drive the hour to Golf Galaxy on Sand Lake/Turkey Lake. The pro there, Mike is one awesome dude. He will go out of his way to help you, as will all the guys there (sorry i cant remember the names). This place puts Golfsmith to shame...Although Edwin Watts in Cassleberry has a father and son that work there that rock too

I'm a fan of Golf Galaxy simply because of the staff at this store. They all greet you, ask if they can answer any questions or help with the opportunity to hit a few clubs, and most importantly they're not pushy at all. Mike is definitely a nice guy and the Sales Manager, Ojieh (OJ) is world-class as well.

I've been to that Edwin Watts in Casselberry and was completely ignored. IMO they are the more "stuffy" golf store. But if you say the father/son combo there rock, I'll give them another shot...

My only beef with Golf Galaxy is that the one here in Madison doesnt carry Mizuno.

I like golf galaxy as well

Back