2011 ESPN British Open Best Ball Challenge

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I created a group. Actually, this is a continuation of the U.S. Open challenge so if you were in that one, you are already in this one. You can change your roster for every round. We also had a challenge for the Masters and the U.S. Open. View the rules at the website. Everything you need to know is there.

Once the tournament begins, please do not enter this. If you do enter late, please do so with a fresh clean entry, not one you have used in another league (in other words, if you enter late, make sure you don't use an existing entry). Create a brand new one, which means you will be missing any previous rounds. If you played the U.S. Open challenge, but were not in the THP group, please create a brand new entry as well since this not only shows the total for this tournament but also the cumulative total for all tournaments in this challenge.

This is not an official THP contest. No prizes will be awarded, this is simply for bragging rights.

Join here: http://games.espn.go.com/majors/en/frontpage.

PLEASE USE YOUR THP USERNAME OR SIMILAR. IF I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE, YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE GROUP.

Group name: THP British Open BestBall
Password: hackers

This game is actually set up as a "Majors" challenge, but if we do this, we'll just set it up for each major as it happens. I think last year I was able to just change the name of the group as each major rolled around. It kept the stats of the U.S. Open, British Open and PGA. I don't know why they don't include the Masters in this.

Rules:

In a nutshell, this is a best ball tournament format. You pick 4 players and stay within the salary cap. You get their best score per hole for your score. Of course, most under par wins. You can change teams after every round. There are some odd things about it, please refer to the actual rules on the ESPN website. Remember, no complaining if you get screwed by one of their rules! This is not an official THP contest and no prizes are up for grabs. Bragging rights only.

These are the forum members in this event. Thanks for joining up:

1. Josh Ross
  2. mcook77
  3. Fairway2Green
  4. MikeF
  5. biggsy
  6. woody
  7. jefraizie
  8. tadashi70
  9. Smallville
  10. coolbreeze
  11. snkli
  12. Golf Ghost
  13. couldbeu
  14. WCUEB
  15. ddec
  16. Spank818
  17. IceyShanks
  18. Staticline
  19. BlueTitan
  20. WhiteRhino
  21. Dirty Dawg
  22. One-T
  23. tnolan
  24. DevRickus
  25. SolidK James
  26. BogbeastUK
  27. m-910
  28. Crafty Lefty
  29. Dazinkster
  30. Oblong Fungus

Last edited:
Final standings of U.S. Open Challenge:

1 MikeF -41
T2 Fairway2Green and mcook -40
T4 snkli, Golf Ghost and Smallville -37
T7 biggsy, jefrazie, WCUEB and ddec -36
T11 IceyShanks, Staticline, woody, tadashi and Blue Titan -34
16 Spank -31
T17 White Rhino, Dirtydawg and coolbreeze -30
20 One-T -29
T21 tnolan and couldbeu -27

Final Standings of the Masters Challenge:

1. Hole Out -42
2. Dazinkster -41
T3. mcook77, cg13 and White Rhino -40
6. Hoosier Golfer -39
T7. Smallville, Bridges, Fairway2Green, Staticline and wcueb -38
T12. Dankil13, tnolan and beowulf -37
15. jefrazie 9 -35
T16. Puttin4Bird, coolbreeze, Spank, ohio striker and SW FLA -34
21. packersfan -33
22.IceyShanks -32
23. Weezy -31
T24. cj3ap2, Oregon Golfer, ogie and rrpruett -30

Masters winner: Holeout
U.S. Open winner: Mike F

It appears I am already in it so it saves me from joining up.

Looking forward to another week full or birdies and eagles

What is this British Open that you talk of?! ;)

Nevertheless I'll be in!

I'm in, I just changed my lineup again, it seems like I'm changing it at least once a day. I can't wait, i love watching the British!

I will definitely be in and battling for another 2nd or 3rd place finish!

A few more days to get into this one. We've got one new person this time so far.

Got my lineup set for day 1. Hoping it's a good one

Couple days to go before this starts. Don't forget to set your teams or to get an entry in.

Thanks Smalls - my picks have been made. Fun, free, and easy contest for everyone to get involved in!!

Two days to go. Up to 24 people now. Does there really need to be a prize to get people to do these things?

Two days to go. Up to 24 people now. Does there really need to be a prize to get people to do these things?

Although not prizes, have you not learned that already from the testing threads? Like ants out of woodwork the higher the value.....

I just joined. Somehow I missed this the first and second times around.

Yeah I missed the first ones too, and would've tied for 1st in the US Open. I'm in this time though!

I'm in! Lets see how many people pick Rory :D

Make sure you check your rosters. One of my guys became "Unavailable" so I had to juggle the lineup.

Someone signed up named sgttran. Don't know who this is.

What happened to smalls last post in this thread? Thats ok I`ll add it myself

I`d notice if someone named Coolbreeze signed up and made the contest awesome!

Done, I`m in for the win Smalls. THank you for setting this up.

What happened to smalls last post in this thread? Thats ok I`ll add it myself

Done, I`m in for the win Smalls. THank you for setting this up.

I deleted it. I saw you were already in before!

I'm in. I've no idea how people will play on that type of course so I expect to win the wooden spoon!!

I'm in, always enjoy these fun comps. I've gone Euro crazy with my initial picks, and yes Rory is one of them. lol

No Rory Pick for me but I am in

Back