Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My clubs got wet the other day and have about 1 spot of rust on each. That is all I have to complain about...

I would have lost my mind. I guess I am a little OCD about my clubs though.

Just a general the guy who is running the company I currently work for into the ground is the biggest ******* I've ever witnessed, including 15yrs in high corporate America rant. Major lawsuit waiting to happen...oh wait, we've already had two because of him....

I'm not one to rant BUT the one thing that frosts my cake is waiting on service people to show up. The tree service man, Saturday afternoon, assured me he would be here at my house no later than Today, maybe even Monday afternoon. So WHERE ARE THEY? To make it worse, I have been patient with a tree leaning dangerously toward my house for three weeks. I know they have been slammed by the recent storm but cmon...

It would not be so bad except that I am sitting when I could have been on the way to Atlanta to meet a THPer for a round of golf. This is Tuesday and I am not on the golf course, how long has it been since I missed a Tuesday? Probably back to the end of my recovery from surgery.

What's that you say, give them a call. I have and the answer machine does answer but it's like talking to the wall.

All the tree services are a little too independent right now since there is so much work due to two rounds of bad storms. Only two responded to my original call and I called five different businesses.

OK, enough RANT for now, guess I can go ride a mower while waiting while it is still "cool" out there.

They finally showed up at 1:25 this afternoon. At least they got straight to it. The most dangerous tree was down in 20 minutes. Pictures of damage at home and the golf course along with this afternoon pictures are here: https://picasaweb.google.com/dddgray/StormDamage? authkey=Gv1sRgCNKSvcWI3qHM6wE#

Ordered new Dynamic Gold X100 shafts on June 8, 2011 from Golfsmith. Ordered 37,37.5.38,38.5,39,39.5,40. All shipped but one, 37.5 out of stock till July 12... Today is July 12 and still has not shipped!! Called every single golf store in the area to see if they would have this in stock. NOPE!! So I just decided to wait. I have also called and they said they were not sure if they were in stock yet. REALLY?!! The old shafts were removed and sold. I NEED MY 8 IRON!!!

6 1/2 hours today in 100+* weather insulating walls. Oh and I work for myself <<<<<Official DA of the week!

yesterday wasn't a good day around here. I don't want to sidetrack the thread, but around 10 yesterday morning I found out that a family pet was going to the vet and potentially getting put to sleep. 10 minutes later I talked to Nerfny and she told me one of her close family friends had passed away suddenly. The pet didn't get put to sleep, so I left work went to see her and she was just in bad bad shape. We decided to bring her back to the vet to have it done, and she passed on the way there. Just a sad day...

Sorry to hear that ddec....thoughts are with you guys.

Really sorry to hear that, dean. Hope things get better for you, buddy.

yesterday wasn't a good day around here. I don't want to sidetrack the thread, but around 10 yesterday morning I found out that a family pet was going to the vet and potentially getting put to sleep. 10 minutes later I talked to Nerfny and she told me one of her close family friends had passed away suddenly. The pet didn't get put to sleep, so I left work went to see her and she was just in bad bad shape. We decided to bring her back to the vet to have it done, and she passed on the way there. Just a sad day...

Sorry to hear the news Dean. Prayers are with ya buddy as pets are family to.

Ddec, my prayers are with you and your family in this tough time.

Sorry to hear it Dean, I know well how tough it can be. Thoughts and prayers on the way.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Sorry to hear, ddec. Hope you both are doing ok after such a rough day.

DDec, that's tough, hang in there. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sorry to hear DDec.

Wow.....ddec that's awful. I know how bad it is to suddenly lose a family pet. I feel for you man.

If you have kids and live in an apartment, never ever live on any floor but the first. That is all.

You don't like the pitter patter of little feet Seth? haha

I put a huge nick in my 60* right on the hosel yesterday because of a stupid boulder. My ball was near a boulder and I had no swing, I tried taking a straight up backswing and try and hack down on it but I hit the boulder with the club. It made such a loud sound and there is a huge chunk missing out of my wedge now.

You don't like the pitter patter of little feet Seth? haha

The only thing that has kept me from homicide is an episode of CSI. Those guys are thorough.

I would like to than Chris Rock for creating the basic words for that joke.

Last edited:
Micro-managers.

That is all.

(insert string of descriptive expletives)

Dean, sorry to hear that dude. Hope everything gets better. Good vibes sent from here in OTown.

My rant: my stupidity might have cost me my iphone. Put it in my swim trunks, forgot it was there, take a dip in the pool, luckily I realized it quick but it might have been too late. Good news: I'm eligible for upgrade. Bad news: the new IPhone comes out, allegedly in 2-3 months. Like this couldn't happen on release day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back