Golfsmith Online Experience

long&straight

Blind Shot
Reaction score
Handicap
I purchased a set of clubs from the market place from here on THP on June 8th. That same day I went on golfsmith.com to order the specific shafts I needed. So I ordered Dynamic Gold X100 37,37,37.5,38,38.5,39,39.5,40. All of them shipped that day except the 37.5, on my order expected delivery date is July 12 for the 37.5. I thought to myself a month!!

July 12 was yesterday with no shipping info emailed to me. They have this email chat on the site so I start up a conversation with a representative and she said that the shaft is going though processing but did not know when it would ship. I thought ok it will be here by the end of the week.

Today still no shipping email and I decided to call. The gentleman tells me that the X100 in 37.5 length are no loner available but he could overnight me a 38.

Were they ever going to contact me?! Why not just send me a 38 and tell me to have it cut half an inch? Sorry but this is poor customer service, but they do get a point for over nighting me a 38. Sorry but I have been playing with out an 8 iron for a month now.

That is pretty poor of them. The least the could have done was cut a 38 down for you and ship it. Golfsmith is dropping the ball lately.

Thats a poor experience. I will now be aware if I ever think of them for a club.

not too mention everyone's golf bag orders that were cancelled due to thier error

I received my new putter from them last week with a big scratch on the top of the perforated leather cover with some minor scratches and the metal around the top scratched. When I called them I was told that they would not be able to send me a replacement head cover but would give me $20 off the total order. I would have rather had a new head cover than the money but didnt feel as if I had a choice.

Their online service is just piss poor. IMO haha.

Now I go into the store and its like night/day. They really have a consumer friendly atmosphere at my local Golfsmith.

The gentleman tells me that the X100 in 37.5 length are no loner available but he could overnight me a 38.

Did he tell you that they're not making them any more or that they just don't have any in-stock?

Did he tell you that they're not making them any more or that they just don't have any in-stock?

He just said that they were no longer available. Funny thing is if you go the site put a 37.5 X100 in your shopping cart... says shipped 7/14/11.

I would call back to double check if the shaft is really not avaialble. Sometimes you can get a CS rep that really does know what they are doing. Glad you getting the 38 tomorrow

Golfsmith boggles my mind that they can have such a horrendous online ordering system when it comes to fulfilling orders and communicating with customers. Once ordered eight items, each one came at a different time over the next four months, not once did any paper work reference other items still on order or those already delivered. After three months I dug up my original order to verify if I had actually gotten all that I ordered, then called to ask where is my missing items, with in seconds he knew exactly status of backordered items why not print that info on invoices? And how can it take four months to fulfill an order of grips and other common items that are in stock in store if I had one near me? I now only order what I can't find elsewhere no matter the price, just isn't worth the aggravation of dealing with them.

I got a survey email for the cancelled bag order stuff. I completed the survey. :D

I got a survey email for the cancelled bag order stuff. I completed the survey. :D

Yeah I got the same survey about the bag and about my putter. They got a double dose of 1's across the board..lol

Yeah I got the same survey about the bag and about my putter. They got a double dose of 1's across the board..lol

I hope I get the same email. Someone has to be reading these!

I remember last fall I ordered a white Titleist hat, opened it up and it was brown. Thankfully my uncle wanted to buy the hat off of me so I let him and drove up to Golf Galaxy that day to get the hat I wanted..

Haven't bought from them since.

So did I, doubt I will get sent another one - hehe

I've had bad experiences with Golfsmith as well in the past, they don't seem to care too much about customer service, if the price is really cheap I'll order, but they will never get the bulk of my business for sure!

That is ridiculous. I would have gone ballistic on them. There is no way it should have taken 3rd contact by you to get them to tell you that.

I recently ordered a driver shaft from them, after 2 weeks I called in to see where my shaft was. The rep told me those shafts were out of stock, he was very nice and took the time to find the shaft at one of their retail stores and had them ship it to me. The rep did well once I called in, but if I didn't call my order would have remained in limbo for god knows how long.

They have messed up 5 of my orders so far, but always fix the issue and send me a gift card.

Well now to add to my story I had my 8 iron in hand by the weekend and I was so happy!! So Golfsmith came through for me in a big way! Oh wait! My 8 iron is shorter than my wedges!! They did not keep the club an inch longer like I ordered! UGHGH!! My bad luck continues with Golfsmith. I will be calling back today to see if they can get me a new shaft and put it together by the weekend before my next tournament. I had to play my 36 hole tournament this weekend minus my 8 iron.

Well now to add to my story I had my 8 iron in hand by the weekend and I was so happy!! So Golfsmith came through for me in a big way! Oh wait! My 8 iron is shorter than my wedges!! They did not keep the club an inch longer like I ordered! UGHGH!! My bad luck continues with Golfsmith. I will be calling back today to see if they can get me a new shaft and put it together by the weekend before my next tournament. I had to play my 36 hole tournament this weekend minus my 8 iron.

man that stinks, hopefully they get it fixed in time for this week's

I prefer TGW.com over Golfsmith.com. I do shop at the Golfsmith store here in DC. But, for anything online I always go to TGW.com. Their prices are usually better than Golfsmith.com and I've never had a problem. So, for me if it ain't broke I'm not going to fix it.

not too mention everyone's golf bag orders that were cancelled due to thier error

+1. That one did it for me. I even filled out a bad review hoping they would call me but I believe they truly know that they suck and do not care.

I purchased a set of clubs from the market place from here on THP on June 8th. That same day I went on golfsmith.com to order the specific shafts I needed. So I ordered Dynamic Gold X100 37,37,37.5,38,38.5,39,39.5,40. All of them shipped that day except the 37.5, on my order expected delivery date is July 12 for the 37.5. I thought to myself a month!!

July 12 was yesterday with no shipping info emailed to me. They have this email chat on the site so I start up a conversation with a representative and she said that the shaft is going though processing but did not know when it would ship. I thought ok it will be here by the end of the week.

Today still no shipping email and I decided to call. The gentleman tells me that the X100 in 37.5 length are no loner available but he could overnight me a 38.

Were they ever going to contact me?! Why not just send me a 38 and tell me to have it cut half an inch? Sorry but this is poor customer service, but they do get a point for over nighting me a 38. Sorry but I have been playing with out an 8 iron for a month now.

Next time try Global Golf. You can return any new club you buy within 30 days for a full refund if you don't like the way it hits.

Back