Georgia Golf Get Together

Georgia Golf Get Together

• KellyBo in Georgia

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Tiger Woods in Dubai

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would be interested in joining you if schedules work out. Totally up to you though, I understand if you want an outing with Dad. Take lots of water with you, it was hot over there last week with NO water on the course. Take snacks as well.

either way ENJOY!

I tell ya what, if he and I got to play more than we did, I wouldn't be opposed. It's so hard for him to get out and play, so I guess you understand that. They have some great prices on golfnow or whatever that site is, on Mondays and Tuesdays right before lunch. With that being the case, if I get the chance to head back up there, I'll shoot you a message.

Tappin' away from my DROIDX.

Born and bred Bama fan. I live 45 minutes from campus, so i can't help it. That, and my grandma is a bat-poop crazy Bammer.
Not against other colleges, I will go to wherever gives me the most money.

Roll Tide!!!

I tell ya what, if he and I got to play more than we did, I wouldn't be opposed. It's so hard for him to get out and play, so I guess you understand that. They have some great prices on golfnow or whatever that site is, on Mondays and Tuesdays right before lunch. With that being the case, if I get the chance to head back up there, I'll shoot you a message.

Josh - You guys driving all the way up from Statesboro to play at Old Union and then back home?

Josh - You guys driving all the way up from Statesboro to play at Old Union and then back home?

No, no. I live in Ellijay, GA unless I'm in school, then I'm in Statesboro. So from May until August I'm in Ellijay 90% of the time. We're not very far away at all.

Sounds good.

I would be interested in joining you if schedules work out. Totally up to you though, I understand if you want an outing with Dad. Take lots of water with you, it was hot over there last week with NO water on the course. Take snacks as well.

either way ENJOY!

Lefty, when we were out there last year, they would give you bottled water in the clubhouse for free since they didn't have water on the course.

This thing full up yet?

--
tapatalk

This thing full up yet?

--
tapatalk

I thought you were already in Danny. You are coming aren't you?

This thing full up yet?

--
tapatalk

Nope I just added a couple more names in the last few days. I will post a list of current attendees tomorrow. When the list comes out, everyone take a look and confirm your status.

TC or One - T If you can either call your Uncle or PM me his phone number, I need to lock down a set of tee times. We are shooting for five foursomes or 20 players this year. We might can expand that number but more to come on that. October 15th & 16 is the weekend and we need tee times starting at 09:00 a.m. for five groups.

Let me check on flights to ATL and we'll see if I can come whoop up on some bears

--
tapatalk

I am not renting the large cabin this year which is shown here http://www.vrbo.com/105627

I am renting the smaller one (VRBO 145811) which is directly beside it and it will be a couples only cabin. Someone needs to take charge of renting the big cabin for the young guns this trip as there is a pre deposit you have to deposit which is not large, however I am only going to be responsible for only one cabin.

If you had rather rent a cabin just for two to four people I have included the listing below. You need to get busy booking as North Georgia cabins fill up quickly in the Fall as the scenery is spectacular!

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/georgia/northeast-mountains/blairsville

More to come later today.

Who wants to take care of this cabin? I would but my finances are a bit funny right now as I can only deal with cash while I wait for my new bank cards. This cabin is awesome for everybody who has not had the opportunity to attend a GA Get Together.

Who wants to take care of this cabin? I would but my finances are a bit funny right now as I can only deal with cash while I wait for my new bank cards. This cabin is awesome for everybody who has not had the opportunity to attend a GA Get Together.

Seth is right. This cabin is beautiful and sits right on top of the mountain with beautiful scenery and a ton of room inside. I think it was approx 3400 square foot!

Dang, I need to get on this. I was looking, then kind of put it on back burner.

I am working on the list of golfers who have suggested interest in this Get Together and will post it tonight.

Good deal, this will be a blast for sure, I am really looking forward to it.

TOAD, you have to come up for this. We always have a blast.

Georgia Get Together October 15 th & 16 2011 – Blairsville, Ga.
Butternut Creek & Old Union Golf Courses

List of Golfers who are signed up:

Ole gray
KellyBo
Setho
LittlePingMan
JohnDeere
DawgDaddy
SeeMoreGuy
TC
One-T
Uncle Daddy
Lefty78
T0AD
SW
Tadashi70
Bama
Adwillingham
Brian T
Josh_Rush
Dmb012

If you are considering this years Georgia Get Get Together you need to confirm your name on this list. There may be some I have missed, if so send me a pm with your intentions.

Lefty, when we were out there last year, they would give you bottled water in the clubhouse for free since they didn't have water on the course.

Yes, we picked up a couple of bottles each at the club house. Today I went through eight 20 ounce bottles of various forms of water. I would take a lot with me when going over there. It will be nice when they get coolers out there.

Would it be possible to get a ride from ATL on Friday?

--
tapatalk

TOAD, you have to come up for this. We always have a blast.
Oh, I'm in....I just need to figure out a living arrangement. We're dragging up my 16yr old son and his best friend so we'll have two teenagers and my wife trying to find something to do....probably tubing/kayaking or something.
I was looking at a cabin yesterday on VRBO that says it's on Butternut Creek. By the pictures, it looks like the creek is like 10ft outside the door!

I plan on attending. Just need to find a place to hang my hat...and clubs...in Blairsville.

I plan on attending. Just need to find a place to hang my hat...and clubs...in Blairsville.

Have you sent a PM to Ole Gray? He is the official head count keeper, he needs to know so he can book tee times.

Back