Georgia Golf Get Together

Georgia Golf Get Together

• KellyBo in Georgia

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Tiger Woods in Dubai

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure what OG has planned for Friday (tee times??) but I don't see why we couldn't pick you up on the way up Friday depending on your arrival time. Another option would be for you to drive up to our house and stay on Thursday and ride with us Friday.

Ahem...

--
tapatalk

Ahem...

--
tapatalk

Sorry, I would like to help, but my home is close to Blairsville so it'd be out of my way to come down.

Georgia Get Together October 15 th & 16 2011 – Blairsville, Ga.
Butternut Creek & Old Union Golf Courses

List of Golfers who are signed up:

Ole gray
KellyBo
Setho
LittlePingMan
JohnDeere
DawgDaddy
SeeMoreGuy
TC
One-T
Uncle Daddy
Lefty78
T0AD
SW
Tadashi70
Bama
Adwillingham
Brian T
Josh_Rush
Dmb012

If you are considering this years Georgia Get Get Together you need to confirm your name on this list. There may be some I have missed, if so send me a pm with your intentions.

I'm assuming this is me, haha. I'll be attending if school allows it. I'll shoot you a PM.

What's the cabin rental KB...I'm afraid I haven't read every post. :)

OG posted a link to a cabin that they've used twice. We're not staying there so someone would have to take the lead on the deposit and head count. I don't think anyone has done that yet. Some people are just getting their own place. Not sure since it's in the beginning stages. Dawgdaddy and his wife are staying with us in a smaller cabin that we're calling the "couples cabin" which is next to the BIG cabin that holds a large group.

I'm assuming this is me, haha. I'll be attending if school allows it. I'll shoot you a PM.

You'll have to forgive OLE Gray. He gets confused sometimes. Last year he called Butternut Creek Hickory Nut and Old Union something weird. It's quite comical what he can do to names.

OG posted a link to a cabin that they've used twice. We're not staying there so someone would have to take the lead on the deposit and head count. I don't think anyone has done that yet. Some people are just getting their own place. Not sure since it's in the beginning stages. Dawgdaddy and his wife are staying with us in a smaller cabin that we're calling the "couples cabin" which is next to the BIG cabin that holds a large group.
I think I'll go with the Holiday Inn Express...maybe I'll end up playing better golf. :)

ps: I get confused too.

KB, that idea don't sound bad, let me see if I can duck out of work early on that Thursday.

Sean, you gotta stay in the cabin dude. It's like ryder cup camaraderie, ping pong and even some whatnot. Plus your a big dude, we might need some help rasslin a bear.

Gray/KB once we get a number on who is staying in the cabin I don't mind reserving it.

--
tapatalk

KB, that idea don't sound bad, let me see if I can duck out of work early on that Thursday.

Sean, you gotta stay in the cabin dude. It's like ryder cup camaraderie, ping pong and even some whatnot. Plus your a big dude, we might need some help rasslin a bear.

Gray/KB once we get a number on who is staying in the cabin I don't mind reserving it.

--
tapatalk

Great!

--
tapatalk

LOL! It sounds like fun and something for me to consider. Thanks!

LOL! It sounds like fun and something for me to consider. Thanks!

Dang, you must be a really big dude to consider wrassling a bear. I know Danny is pretty big, so I will bet on you two. :thumb:

Dang, you must be a really big dude to consider wrassling a bear. I know Danny is pretty big, so I will bet on you two. :thumb:
I'll have to ask my cardiologist first DD. He's getting funny about what I can and can't do any more. heehee

I plan on attending. Just need to find a place to hang my hat...and clubs...in Blairsville.

I think I'll go with the Holiday Inn Express...maybe I'll end up playing better golf. :)

ps: I get confused too.

Good job SW and I will send you the info to send the depost and get your attendees signed up for your large cabin.

--
tapatalk

Georgia Get Together October 15 th & 16 2011 – Blairsville, Ga.
Butternut Creek & Old Union Golf Courses

List of Golfers who have who are signed up:

Ole gray
KellyBo
Setho
LittlePingMan
JohnDeere
DawgDaddy
SeeMoreGuy
TC (Pending on new baby arrival)
One-T
Uncle Daddy
Lefty78 (Maybe one day – Saturday)
T0AD
SW
Tadashi70
Bama
Adwillingham
Brian T
Josh_Rush (Maybe one day – Saturday)
Dmb012
Sean

Total = 20

We may be able to expand the total attending and this is pending on TEE time availability. Right now we are shooting for five foursomes but if more are interested we will work on that. Quite a few of us are going up early Friday for a round of golf so keep that in mind.

If you are considering this years Georgia Get Get Together you need to confirm your name on this list. There may be some I have missed, if so send me a pm with your intentions.

T0AD – may take the large cabin under his supervision. Please let him know asap of your intentions so we can break the cost down per person. You have to book early for any North Ga. Cabin rentals due to the leaves changing color and the beauty that many go up there to enjoy. That is why we need to start pushing the signup hard and getting the accommodations locked down.

For those that arrive earlier enough in North Georgia Friday morning you might be just in tiime for a shootout! We are going to have a two person best ball tournament. Bring your "A" game to see who wins :blob:

Now that sounds like fun.

tapping and talking from Tapatalk

You know JB & GG are going to be worn slap out from the Morgan Cup. I think it would be cool if they could take a vacation to the North Georgia Mountains and join us. I would be willing to put them up rent free for the weekend in our cabin! They could have the Master bedroom in a cabin that provides a Kings/Queens experience. Hot tub with more than you could ever imagine for comfort! Just a short ride from the Atlanta airport an we would pick them up and take them for a ride to a fun Norh Georgia Weekend! Hmmm after all that Morgan Cup stuff they need a break! Georgia Get Together Style in October :blob:

You know JB & GG are going to be worn slap out from the Morgan Cup. I think it would be cool if they could take a vacation to the North Georgia Mountains and join us. I would be willing to put them up rent free for the weekend in our cabin! They could have the Master bedroom in a cabin that provides a Kings/Queens experience. Hot tub with more than you could ever imagine for comfort! Just a short ride from the Atlanta airport an we would pick them up and take them for a ride to a fun Norh Georgia Weekend! Hmmm after all that Morgan Cup stuff they need a break! Georgia Get Together Style in October :blob:

That is a very kind offer OG. You got your hands full with some great and interesting forum members. Enjoy yourself and we will be here recovering at Grand Cypres and getting ready for the event in January.

I just received an email from my poc in Blairsville about the cabins. He has been on a cruise thus the delay in this post. I have the smaller cabin pretty much locked down except for sending a deposit check in. The smaller cabin will be for couples only and we plan on having four couples or eight people in this cabin. This is part or the email I got from my poc: VRBO 145811 is available, the total cost for 8 people for 2 nights would be $505 for everything. I will also give you a 3rd night for free if you would like it. The extra night would allow us to arrive on Thursday afternoon October 13th and depart on Sunday morning October 16th. For three nights it will cost each couple only $126.00 total room & board for three days in the North Georgia mountains.

http://www.vrbo.com/145811

I believe DawgDaddy and his wife will be joining us so we will need two more couples .

The bad news is the large cabin next door to this one has been rented so someone will need to take charge of finding another one. There are quite a few more on the same road leading down the mountain however action needs to be taken soon to lock one down.

OG, is the cabin y'all are in on that Craig Gap Rd? There's no placemarker on the map on the VRBO page. I've bookmarked several cabins, but never knew if the map for yours was accurate. If your cabins' map is accurate, how long does it take you to get to what appears to be Blairsville city limits?
Also, I think with me bringing the better half and two teenagers, I should probably sequester our clan to our own place. Plus, there is a slight chance we will end up with another couple from out of town.

OG, is the cabin y'all are in on that Craig Gap Rd? There's no placemarker on the map on the VRBO page. I've bookmarked several cabins, but never knew if the map for yours was accurate. If your cabins' map is accurate, how long does it take you to get to what appears to be Blairsville city limits?
Also, I think with me bringing the better half and two teenagers, I should probably sequester our clan to our own place. Plus, there is a slight chance we will end up with another couple from out of town.

I was going to send in the deposit this morning but got a follow up email from my poc that both cabins have been rented out. So click on the link below and find one to secure. These cabins start going fast as October approaches. Now I am starting over in my search. Click on the link below and I am sure you can find something comfortable and fun.
Let us know what you find.

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/georgia/northeast-mountains/blairsville

T0AD -- It was off Craig Gap Road and it is only a few minutes to Blairsville. If you find one there it would be a great location.

'nabbit, OG, I was all clickyclicky on those links when I remembred we're bringing our pooch. I guess I'll just have to hurry up and settle on a cabin and hope it works out.

'nabbit, OG, I was all clickyclicky on those links when I remembred we're bringing our pooch. I guess I'll just have to hurry up and settle on a cabin and hope it works out.

If you go through the Blairsville cabin rentals I have seen quite a few that are pet friendly. The one I am talking with a different owner with now is:

http://www.vrbo.com/366247

Good luck budy!

Back