The Dynamic Shift in Golf Shoes

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great write up JB - some very good looking shoes coming out! Best looking of this bunch have to be the Puma's...gotta eventually get a pair.

Very cool article JB. I have to admit, the Ashworth's might be my favorite. Good looking shoe.

It’s amazing how much the golf shoe has transformed over what seems to be a very short time and I for one love it. As a consumer I now have a choice of traditional or pretty casual to cover the type of environment I find myself and just about everything in between. However, I would love to see one of our fabulous testers do a golf shoe shoot-out with these latest and greatest offerings, ranking these in comfort, traction, durability.

Nice write-up JB!

(Copy from my comments post)

I'm all about change and progression in the industry but I just can't get myself to like this style of shoe. I haven't tried them on but they'd have to be head and shoulders over anything else in comfort for me to wear them.

I love these new styles. Definitely getting a pair soon

I really love this movement in golf shoe styling. Great summary of the choices that are available at the moment, JB. I do wonder how they'd hold up to 18 holes of walking the course.

• Admin
I love these new styles. Definitely getting a pair soon

I have been rotating through all of them and even playing two pairs during a round (switching at the turn) and I am surprised at how much I like them. My first two tastes with spikeless shoes has not been nearly as good as with these lines.

I've gotta admit my Freddie fanboyism was peaked when he wore the ECCO's. I've wanted them ever since

To me the Dynamic shift has been in fashion all together, from head to toe. There are alot of people that are perfectly happy shooting in the 90's as long as they look good and are comfortable and there is nothing wrong with that. With that said, I really like the new style of golf shoes, the street look. The only problem I have had is when the conditions are a bit soggy, they don't hold up as well as the old saddle type.

To me the Dynamic shift has been in fashion all together, from head to toe. There are alot of people that are perfectly happy shooting in the 90's as long as they look good and are comfortable and there is nothing wrong with that. With that said, I really like the new style of golf shoes, the street look. The only problem I have had is when the conditions are a bit soggy, they don't hold up as well as the old saddle type.

Yeah, but if you look closer at the shoes we profiled, there are quite a few that offer the same traditional traction you are used to getting.

I like the new white and green Nike shoes. Theyre skate-ish and super comfy. I shouldve hopped on them at 60 bucks.

^Edit: Air Anthems.

Excellent article JB. I like where the trend is shoes is going and it's good to see a number of choices now. I have the Eccos that I still love but the Ashworth Cardiff and Nike Air Rate shoes are really something!

Yeah, but if you look closer at the shoes we profiled, there are quite a few that offer the same traditional traction you are used to getting.

I understand that. I should have clarified. I wasn't referring to traction. I was referring to water-proofing.

Nice write up. Golf shoes sure have changed. Even a pair from just a few years ago looks pretty ugly compared to how they look today. Really like the movement away from the old and into the new.

Nice job JB. I cant wait for my Ashworth Cardiff Golf Shoes to get here. Hopefully sooner than later.

^Edit: Air Anthems.
Yeah, I really like these, too. Also the Cardiff. My buddy says the Footjoy Streets are his on payday, LOL.

I never thought I would be a person who would like the casual golf shoe but they have grown on me, that's for sure. I will be doing a ladies version of this in a couple of weeks and I have to say, I am in love with some of these shoes. The part I like the best is that I can wear them to the course, or throw on a pair of jeans and wear them around town. I love the versatility.

Thank you for the write up. I love the direction the companies are taking in offering these styles along with the more traditional golf shoe. The Ashworth and Footjoy really have my interest.

That's a pretty neat article JB, great write up.

I'm going to be the Debbie Downer of this thread though, I don't like the trend. My dislike isn't because of performance or comfort, it's purely based on, I don't think they look that good, especially on a golf course. That's just my taste and preferences. I see this shoe, and I expect when I look up from it, it will be attached to a 22 year old college kid wearing a ratty sleevless shirt and cut off jean shorts, with dread locks. I know, I know, i'm prejudging the man by his shoes. But it's purely my own opinion based on my own personal tastes, I don't expect anyone to agree with it.

I like the fj streets they look like chuck taylors

Nice write up. I like those Nikes.

I do wonder how they'd hold up to 18 holes of walking the course.

I've been wearing my Ecco Golf Street shoes for well over a year now, at least 36 holes a week, all walking. They still look pretty much like new and are fabulously comfortable!

Variety and options are the key here to me. I love that they're stylish and can attraction while being just a little bit more flexible ie: still comfortable enough to wear into the clubhouse after the round. I really like where this trend is heading!

BTW, the Nike air range and Puma's are my new fave.

I have a paif or FJ Streets and they're super comfortable. Great to see shoes evolve from the first time i bought shoes in the 90s...good lord they look/felt incredibly uncomfortable.

Back