Bogey317

SeeMore Addict
Reaction score
Handicap
My buddy just picked up some Adams A3 hybrid irons 3-pw. The PW loft is 45*. He wants to pick up a few more wedges. What lofts should he go with if he just wants 2 more? Like a 52 and a 58?

My buddy just picked up some Adams A3 hybrid irons 3-pw. The PW loft is 45*. He wants to pick up a few more wedges. What lofts should he go with if he just wants 2 more? Like a 52 and a 58?

What about a 50 and a 56 (possibly bent to 55)?

Tell him to ditch the 3i and get three wedges.

Kevin

If he doesn't want to ditch the 3 iron, go 51 and 57.

If he doesn't want to ditch the 3 iron, go 51 and 57.

That's what I was going to say. I went from 52, 56, 60 and now have a 52 and 58. I definitely like the 52, 58 setup much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I was going to say. I went from 52, 56, 60 and now have a 52 and 58. I definitely like the 52, 58 setup much better.

Can he hit the 3 hybrid? I'm with the guys that think 3 wedges is king. I use my wedges much more than I do the top of my bag.

50-56-60 is my go to wedge set.

Tried 50-54-58 and didn't like it any better

Can he hit the 3 hybrid? I'm with the guys that think 3 wedges is king. I use my wedges much more than I do the top of my bag.

50-56-60 is my go to wedge set.

Tried 50-54-58 and didn't like it any better

For my game I found when I had 52, 56, 60 my short game was much worse than with just 52, 58. I just don't see any shot or distance that I can't hit with just two wedges. I've found it much easier to choke down, shorten swing, or open the face to hit every wedge shot compared to leaving out a hybrid and trying to take distance off a wood or another hybrid. Plus with the two wedges I've become much more comfortable and less indecisive compared to when I had three. I also spent about a full two years playing with only a 56 to learn how to hit all sorts of different wedge shots and really understand what you can do with a wedge.

What about a 50 and a 56 (possibly bent to 55)?

That's what I would suggest also, although maybe just stick with the 56 as it is

Thanks guys, you are all helpful. I think he has room to ass 3 wedges not have to take anything out. Ill pass the info on to him. again thanks for the help.

I like 4 degree gaps throughout my bag. Same with wedges.

Thanks guys, you are all helpful. I think he has room to ass 3 wedges not have to take anything out. Ill pass the info on to him. again thanks for the help.

Too much info!!

Maybe 50 and 54? that way if he wants to add a LW he won't be going any higher than a 60

Back