Ohhh, to fill the gap........

burmbuster

Reaction score
Handicap
Well, guys and gals, I need some suggestions to complete the last spot in my bag. The clubs I have in my bag are as follows:
Driver- 9.5
Mashie M2 18* (Corrected)
4i- 21* thru GW- 50*
SW- 54*
LW- 58*
Putter

I was thinking of the following clubs:
3 wood
M3 Mashie
M4 Mashie

Your thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited:
Unless you can go find a 12-13* 3 wood, I don't think I would bother with it, probably go with mashie 3 if it was me.

M3 for me

I would go 3W. Even at 15* I bet you can hit one farther than the hybrid at 15.5. This would also be nice when going for the green in two, or laying up on a par 4, or when the driver is going crazy. ha

Unless you can go find a 12-13* 3 wood, I don't think I would bother with it, probably go with mashie 3 if it was me.

Yeah, thats what i thought until I found that you can get a Cleveland Launcher 3+ @ 13*. Decisions, decisions.

Maybe 2h. Something in between 17-19*.

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

Isn't the M2 18*? I thought the M1 was 15.5*?

Isn't the M2 18*? I thought the M1 was 15.5*?

You are probably correct. Its on its way to me so I don'y have it in hand yet. Got it confused with the M1. I guess the 3 wood makes even more since.

That is a huge gap between Driver and M2. I would go 3W if it were me

Niblick!

I would honestly wait and see what distance the M2 is giving you. If it got me 220-230 that'd be good. I am having zero issues with my 18* FW being behind driver. You may also have an issue between M2 and 4I and if so, that would be the gap to worry over. I say wait and see what the M2 does in comparison to the 4I.

I can't imagine not carrying a 3W. I hate 3Ws generally, but I want one in my bag.

Kevin

3W fo-sho. Good to have off the tee.

Niblick!

I would honestly wait and see what distance the M2 is giving you. If it got me 220-230 that'd be good. I am having zero issues with my 18* FW being behind driver. You may also have an issue between M2 and 4I and if so, that would be the gap to worry over. I say wait and see what the M2 does in comparison to the 4I.

Griff,
The more I think about it the more your advise makes sense. I hit my 4i 190-200. Hopefully the Mashie will be here tomorrow for the weekend and I can get more answers. If I go with the 3W I'm thinking 13.5*

Griff,
The more I think about it the more your advise makes sense. I hit my 4i 190-200. Hopefully the Mashie will be here tomorrow for the weekend and I can get more answers. If I go with the 3W I'm thinking 13.5*

That is going to be one tough club to hit off the deck. You know, a 15.5* R11 can be turned down to 14.5* or up to 16.5*.

Kevin

That is going to be one tough club to hit off the deck. You know, a 15.5* R11 can be turned down to 14.5* or up to 16.5*.

Kevin

I had a 14 degree Ping i3 that wasn't that hard to hit off the deck. Good contact is key.

I had a 14 degree Ping i3 that wasn't that hard to hit off the deck. Good contact is key.

That might be the case with most clubs. I'm going to one up you and say consistent good contact is the key. All I know is I don't hit a 3W consistently off the deck. Most golfers don't.

Kevin

That might be the case with most clubs. I'm going to one up you and say consistent good contact is the key. All I know is I don't hit a 3W consistently off the deck. Most golfers don't.

Kevin

Yeah, I don't either, to be honest. It was a lot easier to hit than my current one off the deck though, so it may have just been that particular club.

Griff,
I had a similar issue in the Bag With Driver , Cobra Baffler 18 deg,
Then 4 iron.
I hit 4 iron about 175 m
The hybrid goes 200m And driver around 230+
I ended up getting a 4 wood, About 215m to fill that gap.
4 iron to Hybrid I have learnt to live with. It rather depends on the courses that you play as to which gap you need to fill the most.
But firstly you need to find out how far you hit the Mashie consistantly I would Suggest.

Do you ever hit a 3w off the tee? Or off the deck on oar 5?

I love hitting a 3w and couldn't imagine not utilizing one. Tight dogleg, where driver would be through fairway, etc

15 degree 3 wood?

3 wood for me. I can't imagine playing without one.

Do you ever hit a 3w off the tee? Or off the deck on oar 5?

I love hitting a 3w and couldn't imagine not utilizing one. Tight dogleg, where driver would be through fairway, etc

I spent the first 5 years of my golfing life driving off the tee with a 3 wood. Used to hit it better than the driver. That changed when I finally decided to buy a set of clubs fitted to me.

Kevin

I was thinking more of utilizing it off the tee. Fairway shots would be handeled by the Mashie. I think what will end up happening is after I receive the Mashie and get the yardage, I will compare it to a 15* 3 wood to see the difference in yardage. If they are relatively the same (within 10 yards of each other) then I will probably go with the 13.5*

Back