What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Today I shot a fastest lawn mowing and weedeating ever. Did the whole lawn with the toy clean up in 59 minutes. Par for the yard is 1 hour and 10 minutes so I was like 11 minutes under par! Thats my best score ever on this course.

But can you do it in the Florida heat?

But can you do it in the Florida heat?

Not sure, the bermuda grass is different than what we have here, I would have to change the bounce and loft on my lawnmower and weedeater.

Not sure, the bermuda grass is different than what we have here, I would have to change the bounce and loft on my lawnmower and weedeater.

I would suggest calling other golf courses around the area to see if they have any bermuda. If they do go mow that.

I would suggest calling other golf courses around the area to see if they have any bermuda. If they do go mow that.

It doesn`t grow here, all our courses are Poa annua.

77 at my home course which I consider anything below 80 is a good round..

78 (second day in a row) I lost my match though, opponent shot 75. His best round in 2+ years. He was net 65, so pretty darned good.

Think you Chosen1...... I played pretty darn good today and I can not wait until I hook up with some of these sharp shooters from the Morgan Cup! I really think I can whup their arse. Playing at Old Union and shooting a 77 will be the ticket!!!

Pretty embarrassing 101 for me today.. I shot 44 on the front and completely fell apart on the back with a 57. Yes, 57 in 9 holes. By far the worst 9 holes of the year for me.

93 for me at Royce Brook in NJ. Scrambled for a 48 on the front 9, but fortunately settled for the most part on the back 9. Got paired with a guy that I think shot even par at the end of the day. 3 opportunities to putt for eagle, 1 of which he converted (the other 2 he made birdie).

PING Regions Cup Tournament

Sunday Jul 24 0802 tee time 81 degrees warming to 98 - very hot and humid!
Island View / Lake View

1 par 4 5
2 par 4 5
3 par 4 4
4 par 4 5
5 par 4 5
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 5
8 par 3 4
9 par 5 4

1 par 4 4
2 par 4 4
3 par 5 6
4 par 3 4
5 par 4 5
6 par 3 5
7 par 5 4
8 par 4 5
9 par 4 3

Island 40 Lake 40 - 80

Just call it the creaky knee tournament. I hit the first two greens and 3 putt both, fail to sand save the 4th and take two chips to pitch it onto the 5th - +4 real quick. Then golf set in for a while and after 11 holes I am still +4. Then I had my killer stretch for the tournament, when I missed 5-8 footers for par on three straight holes, and then on the par 3 15th hit it left and found my ball leaning on an inch thick stick that I couldn't move. I wrestled that one into the sand trap, popped out nicely to 6 feet and missed again. Then I finished birdie-bogey-birdie (the bogey included a watery drive) for a fat 80.

The creaky knee was a factor all day. Twice I failed to chip short pitches even onto the green as it popped mid-swing. On our 11th green it popped loudly as I was putting for birdie from 18 feet - I missed 6 feet long and right - never came within 5 feet of the hole on a straight putt. The popping was so loud one fellow-competitor heard it and was amazed I was playing. I put my weight on the left leg and made the comebacker. I read online that this is caused by one thigh muscle dominating the kneecap, and it said doing quad-sets should improve it in days to two weeks - I have already started the exercise.

Last edited:
44-44 = 88. I had 1 double bogey and 3 triple bogeys, all due to very poor tee shots, which has been the thorn in my side recently. I actually had some good up and downs by scrambling on the back side. I need to get off the tee better and drop a couple of more putts, and I'll be close to breaking 80. I'm going to focus most of my practice in the next 2 weeks on my driver, 3-wood and putter.

Played at Hawks landing down here in Orlando FL..shot an 84 but certainly left a bunch of shots more so my putting. I would have 8-12 foot putts for par which just would roll right by. All in all a great course though will have pictures up later if you want to see the course.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...-Hawks-Landing-Orlando-FL&p=781880#post781880
'

Have played there a few times, I am a big fan of that course.

Good work Ole Gray! Impressive round!

68/130 but everything not in the fairway was gone...i mean it was fairway or nothing. one of the toughest courses I have ever set foot on. Lost a dozen today but it was fun since my buddies had a great time.

The other day I posted up about making some tweaks to my grip and setup and how it contributed to a +5 (40) on the front nine of a local course. Intended to play the full 18 today but was pulled off after the same front nine, due to an ailing partner. Bested Friday's round with a +3 (38), including a nice 12 foot birdie putt. Considering that I am usually in the 88-94 range, the prospect of breaking 80 has got me all jacked up!

One little tweak has made all the difference, so simple and so easily replicated! Looking forward to Wednesdays round at a brand new course.

Today's (Awseome) Round

Today's (Awseome) Round

So today I decided to go out and play nine...last time I was out I had a horrrrrible range session, so I wasn't expectiing anything too great. I started out with a okay first hole...lousy tee shot (pop fly) but i got up and down out of sand for a bogey on a par five. 2nd hole I had another pop fly then pulled my three wood left of the green, skulled my wedge waaaay past the green then back over the other way, then two putted...double bogey...after those holes everything went well...sure I had the bad shots but all bogeys and 1 par, I blew the last hole...3 putted a medium lengthed easily makeable par put. Blah another double. I ended up with a solid 46..coulda been better (lousy driving) but for the way I've been playing lately (and my handicap) I was stoked..my dad played awful and I beat him by ten strokes and just to top it off on the 9th hole a stranger we pared up with gave me a Penta TP!

So all in all I had a good refreshing round! Hopefully I can keep this up!

Nope it need its own thread.

Good round though CM, I'm glad you are turning this around, and that you beat your dad by that many strokes.

keep up the good work.

Good round, sounds like you have got it going right now. Breaking 80 is my first goal every time out.

Today for me was a mirror of yesterday, bad/good. The front started like the back ended yesterday, spraying the ball around and missing putts. It didn't help that one of my partners was in the dining room at our tee time and we had to let a group go off ahead of us that included two guys who were nicknamed "lightening" in their youth. They finished two holes behind the next group and we waited every hole. It was good though, It made me focus and pull it together but I didn't break 80. 43-37 80. Highlight was #13, 545 yd par 5, my ball was pin high in a greenside bunker in two, came close to holing out the bunker shot and tapped in for birdie. I don't usually hit it that big.

"I'm still in shock that I did that" I feel like I just did a Phil Mickelson 06 US Open Collapse in todays club champ.

81 (38/43)

2 doubles
6 Bogeys
8 Pars
1 birdie

Today 7/24, had 44 on the front with 17 putts, 4 bogeys, 2 pars and 3 doubles, 44 on the back 17 putts, 6 bogeys and 3 doubles 88 isn't bad trying to eliminate the doubles they are killing me this year, lol 3 years ago wouldn't have minded dbl bogs this year broke 90 6/18 rounds last year 4/48 rounds we will see how Wed 7/26 round goes.

Last edited:
Way to go JC. You have sure improved since you got here!

A freakin 110.. on my league. Played the course twice earlier in the week shot 87-86. I don't know what it is about league but I only broke 100 2-8 tries.. if not in league I'm shooting high 80s low 90s.. its so irritating

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back