Im 29 years old and been playing since I was 7. So after 22 years it finally happened

No_Three_Jacks

Amateur around scratch
Reaction score
Handicap
I was hit by a ball saturday. It hit me in the upper back as I was driving away from 18 green. It took my breath away and I had to go to the emergency room. The doctor said it missed my T3 vertebrae by roughly 1.5 inches. He gave me a scrip for muscle relaxers. Its super sore and starting to get purple. Funny thing is, it doesn't hurt to swing a club at all. I have been hit before but nothing like this. I would consider this the first time I actually got hit flush.

What the hell was the guy hitting thinking? This is why you wait til everyone is clear before you hit. He is a douche for hitting too soon. I would slap him

Damn dude. I hope ya feel better. Good thing you didn't crash the cart while you were driving. Where did the ball come from...Was it a ball off the tee?

At least you finished your round :act-up: What happened with the guy that hit you? Did he at least say "sorry"?

NO funny to be hit, glad youre ok...but how the heck did you get hit drving away from your tee box. How bad was that guys 4th shot into the 17th green?:banana:

yeah, I am wondering what you said to the guy. I know I would be absolutely livid.

What the hell was the guy hitting thinking? This is why you wait til everyone is clear before you hit. He is a douche for hitting too soon. I would slap him

His exact words... "I hit a bad tee shot and had 200 in, so I was just trying to lay up. I caught a flyer and pulled it"

When it hit me I was like dizzy and my chest was resting on the wheel. When I finally caught my breath I uttered "Jay wtf just happened" lol. Jay was the guy riding with me.

Golf should be played with a helmet......

That sucks 3 jacks.

Man, this makes me want to start dressing like Ben Crane when I am on the course.

yeah, I am wondering what you said to the guy. I know I would be absolutely livid.

It took awhile for him to get to the green. Which was good cause it gave me time to calm down. He drove up and he looked like he had seen a ghost. He offered to buy me a massage lol which I thought was odd. I told him it was an accident and next time just wait 5 more secs. I did say that if he really wanted to buy me something he should give me 20.00 for my hospital co-pay visit. When he took it out I told him dont worry about it, just keep it. I could tell he felt bad and he was smaller than me and scared.

Wow thank goodness your OK. Hope you get better fast..

Oh man, I would be so angry if that happened to me. I ALWAYS wait for everyone to clear the hole, not just the green before I hit, for this EXACT reason.

Sorry to hear about that 3J. That is extremely lame.

It took awhile for him to get to the green. Which was good cause it gave me time to calm down. He drove up and he looked like he had seen a ghost. He offered to buy me a massage lol which I thought was odd. I told him it was an accident and next time just wait 5 more secs. I did say that if he really wanted to buy me something he should give me 20.00 for my hospital co-pay visit. When he took it out I told him dont worry about it, just keep it. I could tell he felt bad and he was smaller than me and scared.

I am glad that he was not defensive. I imagine that he learned an important lesson that he won't soon forget. I lose my anger very quickly if someone is apologetic.

I've been hit twice once when I was young and once a couple years ago. The first time I was working at a local muni long before taking up the game and the course maintenance guys would drive us out to different spots on the course to work in the back of a pick-up truck. If was afternoon and we were riding back for lunch, we went by the first tee and a suppose the guys thought they were going to drive it over us. Well some hit a low bullet that hit me in the upper chest fairly close to my collar bone, and it knocked the wind out of me. No fore, no apology nothing. If that ever happened now the guy would have been in some trouble. The second time I got hit by an errant 3w my wife hit, it was entirely my fault as I was standing in the wrong place. Was able to shrug it off and only ended up with a bruise on my arm. But I can say both times it sucked.

Glad to hear you are ok.

My exact thought. I've always said, golf is a honorable game often played by many less than honorable people. I'm guessing the person doing the hitting would be on a time out at my course.

I just think people should be a bit more patient to be quite honest.

Tap tap taparoo

Glad to hear you're ok! This is why I wait for people to leave the green completely and drive away.

Sucks, but glad you're ok. I've been hit only once on the golf course square on my left @$$ cheek. left a nice bruise. i am usually patient with hitting but bad shots happen to everyone so even though i was pissed the guy was apologetic about it so i just let it go.

sorry to hear...he's lucky he didn't hit me because my friends I am usually with would have snapped.

Hope you feel better soon.

It was at Webb of all places.

You got hit on #18 at Webb? I'm suprised the guy even bothered to apologize then. I've been paired up with some real "winners" before at Webb.

That's a straight, wide open hole. No way could he not have seen you still on the green. Hope you feel better soon!

That is scary. I'm glad you are ok. There really is no excuse for getting hit by someone playing the same hole as you. It amazes me how ignorant some poeple are.

Glad you're ok buddy.

My bro and I were playing with my dad and my boss recently and the boss man hit a guy weed eating right in the chest. We could tell he was hurting but he played it off well. It was scary for sure. I've never been hit.

That's too bad man, glad youre okay.

I remember getting hit in the temple last year. I swear I still get headaches from that incident.

Back