Best Scoring Round-Disappointment?

Happens all the time, there are a lot of what ifs'. You just have to focus on the positives, I have been starting to steer away from that since I have been playing better and I let my last round really get away from me.

For my local HS Districts it's a 2 day event and the first day was extremely windy, the low score coming in a 76. I was +3 going into the last hole and I tripled the Par 3 by leaving in a terrible spot in the bunker. Missed the qualifying score the next day by 2 strokes.

Ya, I played today and had both my best score of the year AND my worst total putts of the year. Not a single 1-putt. Talk about leaving strokes out there.

Congrats on the PB! Its good to be critical of your round AFTER you are done. While its happening you can't take a "bad hole" to the next tee. That said to me there is no such thing as a bad birdie unless I was onthe lip for eagle and missed it lol. hang in there and set your sights on going lower.

Thanks for all the support guys!
I feel much better about the round and the progress I've made.
Just needed to vent a little,thought this would be the best place for it.

I feel likethatafter every round. I play over where I lost my shots how many Putts should have madeor roll outs. Cant help it. nature of the best in me...lol

I hear exactly what you're saying guys!

In my club champs on Saturday I shot +11 on the first 18, played pretty well. Then on the second 18 I was -1 gross through 15, my lowest round ever was +6 previously (+11 in a comp). However, the fatigue of 36 holes on a hot day set in and I lost a bit of concentration and went on to finish triple, double, double for a +6 round.

So yeh, I shot my best comp round ever, played the best golf I ever have done...and yet was extremely disappointed not to finish stronger. On the positive side I now know that I can make birdies in top competition and definitely have the ability to shoot an under par round before too long!

Back