KBS C-Taper Shaft Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
TC great write up! These shafts look like they should be on everyones watch list.

Great write up TC!! As someone that currently has Project X 6.0's I was interested to see how these performed. I am thinking about making a switch for next year and since I am a high launch and high spin player I am now even more interested in how these would perform in my MP-58's.

Great write up! I got the KBS shafts with my new irons and don't know if I'll ever play anything else.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Good review TC. Way to bring the 'proof in the pudding' to the reader with the shaft comparison!

I didn't know any of the info on Braly, so that was a great little lesson in the golf industry. I always appreciate knowledge like that, so thanks! I like the KBS Hi Rev shaft and have been thinking quite a bit about the Tour iron shaft. It sounds like the C-Taper wouldn't do me much good, but it sounds like it could be an amazing product for the right swing.

Great job on this. I can really sense your interest and passion in your reviews, dude.

A very nice, detailed writeup, TC. These peaked my interest the moment they came out and I'm glad you put to words what I was wondering about. Great job.

Great review, TC. Looking forward to trying these myself.

Great revieww TC! Very well written. A question about the spin. You said that they reduce spin, so am I correct that they reduce back spin, or would they help with side spin also? Next question, I am hitting my Pro Cavities with low to mid ball launch with my current shafts, which I like due to the wind that we have out here. But can you give me an idea on how low you were hitting the ball with these? I don't want to get any lower on my ball flight but the reduced spin and more distance has me very curious.
I appreciate the time and effort you put into this review.

Thank you for a wonderful review TC. You may have thrown a wrench into my graphite plans! Good job buddy.

Well done TC and the part that I found interesting was the lower ball flight. The KBS shaft provided three things that to me make a shaft. 5% less spin, 5% lower trajectory, and 5% more distance are three things that most any golfer would lust after. No doubt KBS has touched all the bases with their product.

Last edited:
Just looked these up on the KBS website and found them for sale at Victory Golf for $245 for a 4-W Set. Not bad at all. One thing that I like the most about these is that they have the S+ option. I have always been in between a stiff and an x stiff and the S+ looks like it will be a perfect fit for my swing speeds. Now I just need to find a place that I can try these out before putting a whole set of new shafts in the sticks.

Great revieww TC! Very well written. A question about the spin. You said that they reduce spin, so am I correct that they reduce back spin, or would they help with side spin also? Next question, I am hitting my Pro Cavities with low to mid ball launch with my current shafts, which I like due to the wind that we have out here. But can you give me an idea on how low you were hitting the ball with these? I don't want to get any lower on my ball flight but the reduced spin and more distance has me very curious.
I appreciate the time and effort you put into this review.

They very well do help with side spin. I noticed some very nice and tight shot dispersion with them. If you are a natural low ball hitter, I wouldn't necessarily recommend these shafts. However, I would still tell you to test them and demo them if/when you can.

Just looked these up on the KBS website and found them for sale at Victory Golf for $245 for a 4-W Set. Not bad at all. One thing that I like the most about these is that they have the S+ option. I have always been in between a stiff and an x stiff and the S+ looks like it will be a perfect fit for my swing speeds. Now I just need to find a place that I can try these out before putting a whole set of new shafts in the sticks.

I was fit for the KBS Tours in Xstiff and tested the CT's in S flex and wouldn't have a problem playing those at all. Just food for thought.

They very well do help with side spin. I noticed some very nice and tight shot dispersion with them. If you are a natural low ball hitter, I wouldn't necessarily recommend these shafts. However, I would still tell you to test them and demo them if/when you can.

I was fit for the KBS Tours in Xstiff and tested the CT's in S flex and wouldn't have a problem playing those at all. Just food for thought.

thanks TC now to find a place where I can give them a swing or two.

Great review TC. I am coming very late to the KBS party, but in doing some ready for Morgan Cup equipment selection, KBS (and specifically Mr Braly) seem to have an incredible grasp on how to make iron shafts that perform for every group of users. I do not hit irons particularly high or with high spin, so the C-Tapers are probably not for me, but I'm looking forward to seeing the KBS Tour 90s in action.

Very nice write up buddy!!

I 2nd the comment TC made about the side spin, the 5% lower spin rate does include side spin. I have had an opportunity to hit these shafts as well and to me, the dispersion was probably the most impressive feature!

Very nice write up buddy!!

I 2nd the comment TC made about the side spin, the 5% lower spin rate does include side spin. I have had an opportunity to hit these shafts as well and to me, the dispersion was probably the most impressive feature!

Glad you liked it buddy.

Great review again TC. Really enjoyed reading this one. Packed with nice info, a very good build up and BLAM! hard figures to back up your assertions. Can't ask for better than that!

These shafts probably wouldn't suit my game, since I'm on the low launch side of things anyway, but on the strength of this review I'd love to give them a swing and compare the stats!

Great review again TC. Really enjoyed reading this one. Packed with nice info, a very good build up and BLAM! hard figures to back up your assertions. Can't ask for better than that!

These shafts probably wouldn't suit my game, since I'm on the low launch side of things anyway, but on the strength of this review I'd love to give them a swing and compare the stats!

These shafts + Pro Combos = perfect combo for shot characteristics where you live and play paulo.

These shafts + Pro Combos = perfect combo for shot characteristics where you live and play paulo.

Argh! Very true indeed. The decrease in side spin sounds good too. Through the winter I might be praying for these! I'm going to test out my new higher ball flight at my home course for a while at least, as the greens are very small and difficult to hit sometimes. If I was playing on the coast regularly, I'd probably be seriously considering these. Especially with that satin finish. So nice.

great review!!

i just stuffed these in a new set of cobra s3 pro's. i almost don't want to hit them because they look so purdy but i'll give my impressions after a few rounds and range sessions if anyone's interested.

Great review TC! They are probably not comparable with different characteristics but which shaft is smoother C-Tapers or Matrix Programs?

Dang you Lucas! I have been trying to be good, but you really have me thinking about putting these in my MCs. What a great review and these sound like a fantastic product. Now I just have to be strong! Be strong! Be strong! Be strong! It's. Not. Working!

Great review TC! They are probably not comparable with different characteristics but which shaft is smoother C-Tapers or Matrix Programs?

Good question. I found the Programs to be much smoother. Nothing feels quite like them to be honest. For me though, I prefer the CT's.

I wanted to personally thank everyone who left a comment on the homepage. I read all of them and you guys and your comments is what makes all of this possible.

If you have any questions, fire away.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

So TC, I think I know the answer, but, when the Morgan cup is over, do you see the C-Tapers in your RXT's over the KBS TOurs??

Back