Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its interesting to me that you cant aim at the fat part of a green and work the ball towards a pin. Sounds like a swing issue, not the iron.

I can do that, the R9s just forgive more so it is harder to do. A less forgiving club is easier. If you know what I mean.

Tapatalkin

I can do that, the R9s just forgive more so it is harder to do. A less forgiving club is easier. If you know what I mean.

Tapatalkin

I really don't get why you would want to switch clubs for that reason, but if it helps your game and makes you enjoy the game more do it.

Im not sure I agree. Swingpath and face angle determine spin and direction, and a more forgiving club should curve similarly. You arent working the ball, youre mishitting it in the right direction. Those are two completely different things.

Tapatalkin

Im not sure I agree. Swingpath and face angle determine spin and direction, and a more forgiving club should curve similarly. You arent working the ball, youre mishitting it in the right direction. Those are two completely different things.

Yep yep.

Well it's a lot easier to determine swingpath and face angle with a club that's not cavity-back weighted. I had the same problem when I hit the R9s.

If the R9s were truly unworkable, everyone would be playing them.

It's not they are unworkable, but there's no feedback. Sure maybe one time I'll hit a draw with them, but how am I supposed to know if the ball draws because of the swing or because i closed the clubface. I can't tell if I hit it flush or if I caught it slightly on the toe. The distances vary. It's just a lot easier to work a ball when you can feel what your doing with the club. I'm not saying it's perfect science we're putting into words here, but it's something we can agree on about the clubs.

Never tried the TPs though, I feel like those would be a much better club.

I'm finally shopping for a new putter after a year of wildly frustrating inconsistency on the greens. Think the TM-770 ghost tops my list, but I gotta go out and hit some more.

Well the ballflight will tell you that. Where the ball starts is the clubface angle, and where it curves to or spins to depends on the swingpath.

Not coming at you GCG, but the word feedback annoys me, because the only feedback one should ever need is ball flight. Other than that, a clubs feedback is all what you want it to be, and make it to be in the end.

In reality, trying to achieve an inside out swing to hit a straight ball really only helps slicers.

It's not they are unworkable, but there's no feedback. Sure maybe one time I'll hit a draw with them, but how am I supposed to know if the ball draws because of the swing or because i closed the clubface. I can't tell if I hit it flush or if I caught it slightly on the toe. The distances vary. It's just a lot easier to work a ball when you can feel what your doing with the club. I'm not saying it's perfect science we're putting into words here, but it's something we can agree on about the clubs.

Never tried the TPs though, I feel like those would be a much better club.

Well the ballflight will tell you that. Where the ball starts is the clubface angle, and where it curves to or spins to depends on the swingpath.

Not coming at you GCG, but the word feedback annoys me, because the only feedback one should ever need is ball flight. Other than that, a clubs feedback is all what you want it to be, and make it to be in the end.

In reality, trying to achieve an inside out swing to hit a straight ball really only helps slicers.

Once again, yep yep. Ball flight laws.

So if the ball starts out to the right and comes back left to the target, that is a miss hit or a draw?

If the R9s were truly unworkable, everyone would be playing them.

I never said they were unworkable, just harder to work. Sorta like a Burner 2.0. Why would you want to play a blade if you can't work the ball with them?

I'm finally shopping for a new putter after a year of wildly frustrating inconsistency on the greens. Think the TM-770 ghost tops my list, but I gotta go out and hit some more.

very nice putter. I personally like the TM110. All of them feel great though

As for me, I'm looking at replacing my driver. Having difficulty deciding between the R11 or the TP model. I hit both well. For me it's just a matter of paying the extra money. Or going pre-owned. Kinda thinking new (for my mind's sake), but the price break would be nice from the used model.

very nice putter. I personally like the TM110. All of them feel great though

After hitting a bunch today, I'm having a very hard time choosing between the 770, Ping Scottsdale ZB and Ping iN ZB2. Love the ZB model, but he alignment aides on the 770 give me a lot of confidence in my stroke.

I never said they were unworkable, just harder to work. Sorta like a Burner 2.0. Why would you want to play a blade if you can't work the ball with them?

Why worry about working the ball? To me, developing a consistent swing and ball flight should be priority over workability.

Why worry about working the ball? To me, developing a consistent swing and ball flight should be priority over workability.

No he's trying to make the point that the focus of playing a blade in the first place is to work the ball.

I just requested a quote for a custom Lajosi putter. The one at the THP HQ felt so good that they have been in my mind for a while. I requested a 33" 350 gram putter to hopefully give me a little more speed on slower greens (my SC is 360g). I am keeping the loft at 4º as I have a very slight forward press.

I just requested a quote for a custom Lajosi putter. The one at the THP HQ felt so good that they have been in my mind for a while. I requested a 33" 350 gram putter to hopefully give me a little more speed on slower greens (my SC is 360g). I am keeping the loft at 4º as I have a very slight forward press.

Nice man, post a pic if you get a chance. I would like to see it.

Tapatalkin

Will do man. I have to see how much it is going to cost first.

Make sure you let him know you're from THP SethO, any little bit could help. Also, did you used his website or direct email? I can get you his email if you want it. Either way, expect a 3-6AM reply for our time lol.

Make sure you let him know you're from THP SethO, any little bit could help. Also, did you used his website or direct email? I can get you his email if you want it. Either way, expect a 3-6AM reply for our time lol.

Thanks for the advice! I will definitely take his email.

I heard back from Kari Lajosi and the putter looks like it is within my price range. I think I am going to pull the trigger on this one. I asked him to not paint fill the putter to save me the trouble of stripping it when it gets to me.

I heard back from Kari Lajosi and the putter looks like it is within my price range. I think I am going to pull the trigger on this one. I asked him to not paint fill the putter to save me the trouble of stripping it when it gets to me.

Do eeeeet!

Cross off 3 wood from my list. R11. :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back