What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Moly, good grief Gretchin! My best round of the year happened today and it blew my second best away by a bunch. I've broken 80 4 or 5 times this year, all 78 to 79 and twice the last two years each with my best in three years of 86 (on this same course), but today I shot 73! My front round +2 38 was ok, I've done that a bunch this year only lapped it on the back, but this time I chilled out about 20 minutes before going back out to shoot my best ever -1 35 for an outstanding, (to me), 73.

At the risk of sounding like a Democrate, I needed that lmao. Its been a tough week and my game has been in shambles for a while, but I knew I had it in me. Got to the course early and worked on my putting for about 30 minutes or more. Whats crazy is, I can't remember a single highlight shot in the entire round. All of my drives were standardly short, all my irons were shorter yet and besides a couple putts that dropped it really was just ho hum, I simply had no spot where I had to scramble during the round.

I know this isn't to the standards of many others game, but to me this was something special. I might even save the ball, hahahaha

great round duey !!!!! you got my PB this year by 7 strokes save that scorecard bro.

Thanks JC, but apples to apples i'd say your smoking me this year. I've been playing a lot of years, lol. Great job to you, keep it up.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Played 36 today..18 out at Grande Pines GC and Disney Palm. Shot an 84 and an 81 but played better the last nine holes than the other 27 I found that ironic haha But overall had some good shots and not too many bad shots just some chips here and there on the first 18 that hurt my score.

Shot an 81 out at Disneys Palm course. Went to 17 thinking all I needed to do is birdie and par one of my final two holes but relooked at the scorecard and turns out it would have given me an 80 but I birdied it with a 15 foot putt and then bombed a great drive on 18 and then hit a bunker and no sand save it sucked but I wanted to break 80 on Disney. I played the course well better than I thought I would have after playing an early 18.

Here's pictures for Disneys Palm course if interested..http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?23175-Disneys-Palm-Course&p=786101#post786101

45-45-48-43. Driver is killing me, absolutely killing me. I'm doing a lot of work/research on it tonight, I think i'm releasing the clubhead to early. Up until a month and a half ago I had always played my irons front-middle of my stance, and my driver miss was always to the right. Well I moved my irons to the middle-back of my stance and while i'm hitting my irons better and more consistant than I ever have, I never hit the driver worse. I'm hitting weak duck hooks with no juice behind them whatsoever. It's all kinds of :banghead: terrible. I think by changing my iron swing, changing where the bottom of the swing arc is and all part-by-part changes that go with moving your swing, i've screwed up the swing with the driver that I still swing off the inside of my left foot. It's becoming increasingly frustrating.

Although on the good side, as bad as I shot, with those drives it should have been worse. My short game wasn't magic, but it was competent. I'm clearly losing a lot of strokes with my drives, but the other areas of my game aren't costing me (although my long irons weren't good today either. It sounded and felt like I was making good contact, but I couldn't get my 3 or 4 iron in the air at all, it was odd). Made an unexpected 44 foot (by my pace count) downhill putt for birdie on number 2 the last round of the day; so I had that going for me, which is nice.

Went out this evening for a quick nine with all my new toys, on an unfamiliar course, and shot a quick and craptastic 45. It's weird though because even though my score stinks, I was thrilled with my driving and pretty pleased with my iron shots. I'll post all the gory details on my thread and the DI-11 thread.

Shot +3, 74 on my home coure. The greens were recently plugged and sanded so putting was terrible. The ball zigged and zagged the whole way. The only good part was you could be really aggressive.

I hit the ball very well tee to green and think all aspects are going well right now.

I played 18 at Swope Memorial here in Kansas City. Its a tough course from the back tees with narrow fairways and thick rough.

I started out with the best front 9 I or any of my friends have ever shot at Swope, a 41. I was absolutely rolling with everything and didnt lose a single ball. I started with a par on 10, but hole 11 the wheels fell of. Had to take an 8 on 11 and it was downhill the rest of the afternoon. Ended with a 53 on the back 9 for a final round score of 94.

Talk about the absolute worst 9 I have had in a long time. Golf can be such a frustrating sport. It seems a little bit of bad luck turned into a complete lack of focus for me, but I will get back out on the course tomorrow and Saturday in my hometown of Dallas. I am very excited to get back and play with my dad.

I played at DawgDaddy's golf course and shot 94. I had the chunks today around the greens and could not get rid of them. I pulled like 15 points all day which is really bad. Being my first time playing in this event puts my points to pull at 15 for next week. This is quite a bit below my normal potential. If I play in the blitz next week and play decent, I could blow way past that and it's not going to look good. :beat-up: I just have to mark it up to a bad day on the course and definitely not a sand bag type day.

I played at DawgDaddy's golf course and shot 94. I had the chunks today around the greens and could not get rid of them. I pulled like 15 points all day which is really bad. Being my first time playing in this event puts my points to pull at 15 for next week. This is quite a bit below my normal potential. If I play in the blitz next week and play decent, I could blow way past that and it's not going to look good. :beat-up: I just have to mark it up to a bad day on the course and definitely not a sand bag type day.

That means you will be in the money next week!

Wedges and putting were bad today, mainly around the green.

Screenshot2011-07-27at31556PM.png

Don't worry about that OG, just tear them up!

short game saved my round today
driver still isnt any good... struggling with zero distance
doesnt help that i got a brand new gps and its really humbling when my 5i is going farther than my driver lol
47/44
i hit a bunch of fw's today but thats a really deceiving stat since most of the time i was so far away from the green it was ridic
thank goodness my "approach" shots were all relatively close to the green
i had to rely completely on my chipping/putting
thought i wasnt going to break 100 today

I played pretty darn crappy and shot par, 71. There's a positive in there.

Was supposed to play Mens club tonight , but its 111* outside right now , and just got home from work in a 117* shop , My ass is staying inside !! :)

I did the same thing several years ago at Jekyl in an event for coaches. Shot 90 something then the second day shot 77 I think it was, well, I didn't hear the end of that for years. Bunch of soreheads... But, it was just a really bad day the first day.

Only got to play 9. I shot 49. which includes 2 out of bounds shots and 21 putts. I was hitting the Octane driver great, outdrove my buddy by 30 yards a hole on 5 of the holes. He outdrove me on the only 2 I sliced on. My irons were good with accurate distance and nice loft. Still got beat by 9 but my partner putted 14 which is 7 strokes better than me right there. Wish I could read greens :banghead:

Played @ Cleghorn Plantation in Rutherfordton, NC today with my brother in law and posted a 76 brother in law posted 79. I have to say I played well but not my best. Pushed a few drives that caused me to be farther from the green then I wanted to be but I scrambled really well which saved me from losing to my brother in law. Going to play there again Monday. I must say the course was beautiful and if anyone is ever around that area you should play a round there.

Go get 'em buddy, just play your game and take the money and run!

Played nine this morning and hit a 42 with a double bogey on 9. :banghead: Played 18 this afternoon in 2.2 hours (all by myself and hardly anyone on the course) and shot an 86. Both of these scores were quite good for me (I'm generally low to mid 90s with some high 80s thrown in here or there) so I'm happy. Definitely feel improvement in my wedge game, which is the worst part of my game and the one I've been working on the most the past few weeks at the range.

Pretty lackluster round today after yesterdays 73. Front side I shot bogey on every hole except the long par 5 #8 for a wonderful 43, lol. On the back I was much more on line, felt very strong, but had a couple hickups to shoot a crowd pleasing 40. To say my game is in flux right now is a major understatement. My regular set of irons continue to be the weak link, but I did pull off a nice bird on the par 3 #12 sticking the ball about 3 feet away. We thought it was going in and the divot was just inches from the hole.

That means you will be in the money next week!

Don't worry about that OG, just tear them up!

I did the same thing several years ago at Jekyl in an event for coaches. Shot 90 something then the second day shot 77 I think it was, well, I didn't hear the end of that for years. Bunch of soreheads... But, it was just a really bad day the first day.

Go get 'em buddy, just play your game and take the money and run!

I think that is what I am going to do guys. Just go out and play my best and if turns out I take the cash then I won't feel bad. I never ever sand bag on purpose. Bad days are part of golf and sometimes the bad days are part of a lesson to be learned? I think I learned my lesson on what I did wrong so next week I can turn it into some better golf :thumb:

I played 36 today, weather was actually quite nice and overcast, first 18 shot 37-45 for an 82 which Im happy with, had a bad stretch of three doubles and 2 bogeys from 12-16. 2nd 18 was 42 front, and was +3 on the back until 18, which is a 295 par 4 and I drove to about 15 yards in front of the green and the pin was about 15 yards back. took a pitching wedge and ran it out and judged it perfectly and rolled it in for an eagle! 2nd eagle ever, and 2nd 79 ever, this one feels better than the first because of the yardage today(6800 today, 6400 1st time)

Started off my tournament with a 12 on the first hole today. Needless to say, it was a very bad day. Some of the fairway bunkers are horrible and I managed to find some of the worse today. Shot a 111 after having 3 really bad blow up holes (poor bunker skills). I have to learn how to hit out of high bunkers and get over those lips. I was close to the lips and just couldn't get out. So embarrassing and frustrating.

Weird how I can shoot an 85 in a practice round and then a 96 and 111 in the tournament. Of course, I didn't get in the bunkers but once that day and got out fine.

One more round to go! Oh boy!

Started off my tournament with a 12 on the first hole today. Needless to say, it was a very bad day. Some of the fairway bunkers are horrible and I managed to find some of the worse today. Shot a 111 after having 3 really bad blow up holes (poor bunker skills). I have to learn how to hit out of high bunkers and get over those lips. I was close to the lips and just couldn't get out. So embarrassing and frustrating.

Weird how I can shoot an 85 in a practice round and then a 96 and 111 in the tournament. Of course, I didn't get in the bunkers but once that day and got out fine.

One more round to go! Oh boy!

Awww I miss ya sweety and it's going to be better tomorrow!

edit: Golf can be the most frustrating and irritating sport on the planet one day and feel good the next day.

Last edited:
I shot a 38 in my league tonight. That is my best round of the year.

I am killing myself off the tee though. I hit a slice on every hole that I used my driver with the exception of one short par 4 that I drove the green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back