Launch of Ping G20 equipment

I should say this, I really want to hit the new Ping stuff like I want to hit all the new releases. Ping drivers may not be the best looking things around, but you can't argue with their performance.

With so many companies giving great shaft options, I think this is where Ping might fall short, but they are also big on custom orders (according to the Bubba Long commercials). If the G20 was better than my current driver, I would definitely game it, but I would also look at the Heavy Driver since Boccieri started the new school weighting trend.

I think the badge in the irons looks better than the G15.

I wonder how well the consistent distance angle will work for them in terms of interest and sales?

Actually quite a bit has chnaged in the aspect of club heads. Weight being moved around quite a bit and more options than ever for consumers in terms of fitting their game. Meaning players cavity and SGI. Weight being moved around in the head the last 2 years has had a huge impact on what is and will be coming out right now and over the next few years.

In terms of fitting I totally agree with you, the industry has gotten a lot better at that and I see that as a huge advancement. But perimeter weighting as been around for a while and simply changing the placement to me isn't a big advancement. Like I said, anything older than 5 years I would consider dated for irons but to say irons have changed a lot in 2-3 years is a bit of a stretch IMO.

In terms of fitting I totally agree with you, the industry has gotten a lot better at that and I see that as a huge advancement. But perimeter weighting as been around for a while and simply changing the placement to me isn't a big advancement. Like I said, anything older than 5 years I would consider dated for irons but to say irons have changed a lot in 2-3 years is a bit of a stretch IMO.

I dont think anybody said that though. I dont think anybody should ever change something if it works for them. However the notion that technology has not changed is false in my opinion. I was also not just speaking of perimeter weighting, but internal weighting.

As long as this brings the prices of the G15 driver down I'm game! Got fit for a G15 stock stiff TFC shaft on a flight scope and have been looking for something less than $300!

I don't see where any of this is really new, all the current trends have been done before. Lightweight clubs were the "new thing" in the late seventies, backweighting has been around longer than that (Nicklaus use backweighted clubs for years), moving the balance point up the shaft is not new either (see TM Bubble shafts). Perhaps they have found ways to improve upon these ideas from the past, and if so that's great.

I have never been a big ping guy, but since I am in the market for a newer set of irons I may have to start looking in their direction. But my first stop will be the G-15's seeing they could be cheaper!

What's up with Ping and the super wide soled irons with the gigantic offset? Otherwise, I would be interested in the G20 irons. I guess that would make them I20's.

What's up with Ping and the super wide soled irons with the gigantic offset? Otherwise, I would be interested in the G20 irons. I guess that would make them I20's.

Looks like you answered your own question :)

I have to say these actually seem like a significant improvement than the G15's, I am by no means a Ping expert but the idea of the high balance point (even though they did copy Bocceri sadly)seems very intriguing... I didn't see any new tech in the G15's but even the G20 Irons look better, A little more compact and with more than just a wide sole for technology...

Makes me wonder If my "Lighter Longer Faster" Launcher really was the right way to go...sorta off topic but say if i backweighted my launcher dst would this give it a higher balance point and something similiar to what Bocceri is accomplishing?

Liked the G15 irons....solid sticks

I have never been a big ping guy, but since I am in the market for a newer set of irons I may have to start looking in their direction. But my first stop will be the G-15's seeing they could be cheaper!

I have to say these actually seem like a significant improvement than the G15's, I am by no means a Ping expert but the idea of the high balance point (even though they did copy Bocceri sadly)seems very intriguing... I didn't see any new tech in the G15's but even the G20 Irons look better, A little more compact and with more than just a wide sole for technology...

Makes me wonder If my "Lighter Longer Faster" Launcher really was the right way to go...sorta off topic but say if i backweighted my launcher dst would this give it a higher balance point and something similiar to what Bocceri is accomplishing?

Not neccessarily because there is some added weight in the Boccieri heads as well.

As long as this brings the prices of the G15 driver down I'm game! Got fit for a G15 stock stiff TFC shaft on a flight scope and have been looking for something less than $300!

Price already dropped a couple of months ago. New are going for $249

For the record, there are already shafts out there that are back weighted which is how they get their swing profile. The Kai'li is a godd example of this. Bocceri took the next logical step and merged this with reweighting the head to take advantage of it. I'd say it was only a matter of time before the rest of the OEM's jumped on the back weighting bandwagon that certain shafts allow for.

Still looks ugly as sin but I'm interested to see the performance. I'm also interested to see how the Tour and Non-tour TFC169 shafts change the ball flight.

I'm sure the new clubs are good... but they are just to ugly.

Looking forward to hitting the G20's. I really liked the G15's.

So ugly, Ping just set the standard high with last years sticks and this year I feel as though they just don't look as good. Lets hope performance is still great though, will always have a soft spot for Ping, even though I have yet to own anything from them, I always enjoy a chance to hit them and think though not overly innovative these days compared to other companies, they make a very solid product.

I've always been anti ping, just for the fact they make theirselves out to be above everyone. Only letting certain stores carry their equipment . Never giving any discounts. Just seem snobby to me

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

Not really a better way to protect their vendors. I tip my hat to the OEM's that go out of their way to protect the certified sellers. They also have a HUGE base of certified sellers.

A little something for everyone in their lineup. Don't like wide sole and ofset, they have that area covered as well. One most view the bigger picture.

Lots of naysayers, but I will wait and see how they hit. I really like the look of the irons and it seems the sole may be less.....massive? than that of the G15. I struggle with the G15s as the sole does me no favors. Overall excited to get my hands on some of these clubs and see how they do.

same old stuff, ping just doesnt interest me at all

I am really looking forward to trying these clubs out. May be time to replace my G5's. I will probably end up with those hybrids. I like the way ping stuff looks and the performance is always consistent.

It's weird, because I'm always drawn to the Ping offerings, but they never work for me. I went into the 2010 outing thinking I'd be a G15 guy, but it just didn't work out. Same with the K15 driver when I was in FL in April. Just couldn't make it work for me.

I am not seeing any huge difference in these over my G15's. The irons and hybrids are nearly identical which surprises me from PING. Guess I get to keep my G15's for a couple more years. Yeah for me....because I really like my sticks. Of course I am going to try out the G20's just to see how they feel. I doubt they will be that much, if any, better than my G15's.

I am not seeing any huge difference in these over my G15's. The irons and hybrids are nearly identical which surprises me from PING. Guess I get to keep my G15's for a couple more years. Yeah for me....because I really like my sticks. Of course I am going to try out the G20's just to see how they feel. I doubt they will be that much, if any, better than my G15's.

It's weird, because I'm always drawn to the Ping offerings, but they never work for me. I went into the 2010 outing thinking I'd be a G15 guy, but it just didn't work out. Same with the K15 driver when I was in FL in April. Just couldn't make it work for me.

On the other side, loving the K15 Driver and 3W. Stock TFC 149D shafts :banghead:, now that's a definite :bad: and am working to "fix" that. Suggestions welcome
Looking for new set of irons and hoping i15/g15 price drops again. i will test the G20.

The thing with PING - I don't care how they look, as long as they help me score better cuz that's what matters most

I was interested in the G15 line, and these don't look too much different in my opinion to the naked eye other than blatantly obvious differences.

I'd try it, but I'm definitely interested in the G15 line of metal woods as they felt good to me and I'm sure they'll be going for a really reasonable price now.

Back