What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shot a best ever 43 today for 9, had 4 pars and only 2 3 putts, one of which I actually lipped out the birdie putt and it picked up speed and left me a long par then lipped out that par putt!! Had 2 more par putts lip out, one actually hit the back of the hole and popped out of the cup, overall this was my best day off the tee ever, was never in trouble off of the tee and was able to put my 2nd shot into good position. Also got to play with a good friend who I haven't played with in awhile quite a nice day of golf.

97 but I don't care...took a friend out for his first 18 ever and had a blast.

Started off my tournament with a 12 on the first hole today. Needless to say, it was a very bad day. Some of the fairway bunkers are horrible and I managed to find some of the worse today. Shot a 111 after having 3 really bad blow up holes (poor bunker skills). I have to learn how to hit out of high bunkers and get over those lips. I was close to the lips and just couldn't get out. So embarrassing and frustrating.

Weird how I can shoot an 85 in a practice round and then a 96 and 111 in the tournament. Of course, I didn't get in the bunkers but once that day and got out fine.

One more round to go! Oh boy!

I hate that for you KB, between those red sand bunkers and the 2 elephants buried in each green, that is one tough course, ball position is everything. Just relax and play your game tomorrow and you will be fine I am sure. Good luck and hit 'em straight.

I shot an 89 -40 on the front and 49 on the back with 4 penalty shots

League Wednesday, shot a 41. My play was, meh, but my short game was dead on. Great wedge shots and had some amazing putts!

**Used my golf partners TaylorMade TP XFT 56* wedge tonight, loved it, will be making a new purchase tomorrow.

Last edited:
Time for a day off, we played early and were still sapped. One lady golfer even made the remark we weren't very bright walking today! (and she may have been correct) 40-43 83
Oh well, my index should be going up next time and get me another stroke or two on weekends.

Played Inniscrone today from the tips for the first time. Let's just say with the wind, it wasn't even fair on the back. I'm fine on a 155 yard Par 3, but following it up with a 476 yard Par 4 is just not right haha.

PLayed Men's night tonight and it was windy. Front 9 I played by myself, and shot a 40 but it was much better than the score would dictate. The wind was brutal, but I was driving the ball great, I hit every fairway on the front 9, but my irons were just leaving me in tough spots on the green. At my course the greens are really really tough on both courses, Valley greens are tougher than the Mountain greens but both tough, and if you put your ball on the wrong section of the green, you just hope for a 2 putt. I had one 3 putt on 7 that I would consider a very good three putt, and a ton of great 2 putts. I blew up on the back though, the wind got worse, and I ran into a 4 some that I joined up with of great guys, but they really through my game off. Anyway, I had a 48 on the back, where nothing was good. It was sort of a ho hum 88, but as an 11 HC, my course HC is a 15 so for mens night it was a 73 one over par.

Great front breeze! I totally know what your talking about in terms of placing it on the greens. Not a lot of people think about where you need to put the ball according to the pins but it really is something you should consider. At all costs I don't want to leave myself down hill putts. Sorry to hear about the back though :p

Now have about 25 rounds on the new Wilson di11's. Today was FUN.
Shot 2 over, (1 each side), 5 birdies, no doubles.
Best round of the year.
Man, do I wanna play tomorrow, and CANT til weekend!

Great front breeze! I totally know what your talking about in terms of placing it on the greens. Not a lot of people think about where you need to put the ball according to the pins but it really is something you should consider. At all costs I don't want to leave myself down hill putts. Sorry to hear about the back though :p

Thanks Dent, I was really in a groove, hitting the ball well and thinking through every shot, but when I joined up with these guys they were having fun and laughing and were good golfer too, but it through my game right off. I joined in on the fun they were having and quit concentrating on my game.

I shot 44, 44 for an 88 today. My personal best score. Made it more rewarding that it was on a tough course. I hit 7/13 fairways, 5/18 greens, and had 36 putts. I had 5 penalties, which is actually low for me, especially on that course. I had 1 birdie, 5 pars, 7 bogeys, and 2 doubles. I had nothing over a double, which obviously helped my score since I'm normally good for at least two blow up holes.

I shot 44, 44 for an 88 today. My personal best score. Made it more rewarding that it was on a tough course. I hit 7/13 fairways, 5/18 greens, and had 36 putts. I had 5 penalties, which is actually low for me, especially on that course. I had 1 birdie, 5 pars, 7 bogeys, and 2 doubles. I had nothing over a double, which obviously helped my score since I'm normally good for at least two blow up holes.

Great job on the new best round!

shot a solid 75 but 3 three putts leaves a bad taste in the mouth. no doubles!!! 3 birds and 6 bogeys at home course Southern hills.

Shot an 84. Absolutely horrid with the driver (doubled the first hole), but switched to the 5 wood and hit some nice tee shots. Made up for poor driving with great irons, and my short game was dead on. Something like 29-31 putts.

Worst hole was a par 3. Missed the green, then had 2 chips. Luckily, the 2nd rolled back within 2 feet of the hole

65, -6. My putting is lights out, the hole is the size of a bucket. Won 4 bottles of wine and 50 bucks. :)

Not sure how I shot this, I thought I would be low 90's. Tee shots were on point today and putting/wedge work around the greens was great. Irons were blah! But this round ties my best score again.

Screenshot2011-07-28at40523PM.png

yet another horrible round with 5... yes 5 lost balls
one was from a greenside bunker that musta flew 120 cuz i caught all of the ball lol
i got a brand new gps an i think its broken... says i drove the ball 187 when we all know i hit it at least 320 against the wind uphill
shot 49/45
didnt help that i got paired with a french canadian guy... real d-bag who was just a plain jerk
he didnt wanna be paired up with anyone and the course was crowded so they told him he had to or needed to go somewhere else
he wasnt happy and took it out on me

Shot a 92 today (50,42). Finally started playing a decent game on the last 9 holes of the tournament (relaxed) even though I missed a 2' par and a 4' birdie putt. I did make a 6' birdie putt though. I officially HATE bunkers and I literally stink at putting right now. Those two things killed me.

Last night I had league play. I shot a 41. What's frustrating is that I 3 putted 2 holes and 2 putted 3 holes... If I could putt I'd be half way decent...

39/42 = 81 (+10)
6/10 Fairways Hit
2/4 Within 10 Feet of Fairway
Long Drive = 295 Yards
Short Drive = 210 (The Ex-Tworminator)
Average = 260ish
37 Putts! = WHAT THE CRAP? Killed me, lipped out two birdie putts, did hit one though.
1 Birdie, 9 Pars, 6 Bogeys, 1 Double, 1 Triple

81 with a Triple and a Double. Kills me, SO close to breaking 80.

Shot a 74 @ Ravens Claw only played the whites (6023 yards) today cause i wanted to work on my wedges and half shots. which went well i never used to take 1/2 and 3/4 swings, my new instructor is working on pitching, chipping, and half shots and its amazing how much more accurate you can be when you use them. Had 34 Putts today with one 3 putt but i was barely on a huge green and left myself a 10 footer which i missed. i did have a blow up hole which is prob one of the easier holes if you play good course management but i know it happens and was happy with only one and it was only a double bogey. Best shot of the round was on #6 a 140 yard slightly uphill par 3 hit an easy 9 iron stuck it within 10-15 feet while the guys in front of me were already on the green walked up drained the putt for a birdie and just walked off like i've been there before! lol love rounds where i just play consistent and today was one of them.

Congrats on the new personal best. WTG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back