The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ochocinco is going to love going against Revis twice a year....kiss the baby Chad!

Pats sign Ochocinco.
Its like the Corey Dillon thing all over again.
It worked and my gut feeling is that it works really well here too.

let's not get crazy mi amigo. He's a good receiving TE.....you know who is a great receiving TE? Cutler. He loves to take it in the....never mind. Wrong kind of receiving and end I think...

He is a great recriving tight end. Matchup problem. His blocking skills definitely improved. Hurt the Bears to lose him.

I have no.idea what Bears got. Any word JB? Or anything new in Chicago's front?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Ochocinco is going to love going against Revis twice a year....kiss the baby Chad!

You mean that island where WR's went last year to vacation and run up their stats?

Except for Chad....yes :act-up:

I reserve the right to edit this post if NYJ gets Nnamdi....

You mean that island where WR's went last year to vacation and run up their stats?

JB what the hell is up with Tampa? They have like a billion under the cap and lots of needs but no moves? Whats up with that?

JB what the hell is up with Tampa? They have like a billion under the cap and lots of needs but no moves? Whats up with that?

Horrible ownership.
If you saw the deals they made over the last couple of years to get to the minimum threshold, it is laughable. Like signing a 3rd string longsnapper to a 5 year deal worth 50 million (exaggeration) all backloaded, just so that they can reach certain numbers on the current year, then cutting them shortly after. Capology let that number stay on the books.

They had a solid record last year, but only 1 win against a team with a winning record and unless Freeman gets a LOT better this year, they win 6 games tops.

Horrible ownership.
If you saw the deals they made over the last couple of years to get to the minimum threshold, it is laughable. Like signing a 3rd string longsnapper to a 5 year deal worth 50 million (exaggeration) all backloaded, just so that they can reach certain numbers on the current year, then cutting them shortly after. Capology let that number stay on the books.

They had a solid record last year, but only 1 win against a team with a winning record and unless Freeman gets a LOT better this year, they win 6 games tops.

Wow that is bad. Freeman looks like he could be a very productive QB but they need to get some pieces around him. Are you hearing much about Namdi yet? Ive given up on him going to Dallas but tell me he is NOT going to the Jets.

Wow that is bad. Freeman looks like he could be a very productive QB but they need to get some pieces around him. Are you hearing much about Namdi yet? Ive given up on him going to Dallas but tell me he is NOT going to the Jets.

Last I heard was at 4PM today from a friend in TX. He said that he wants to play in NY, but Houston is not going to make that decision easy. Less taxes and more money up front. There will be a few more teams come into the mix tonight and I expect a decision from him by the weekend.

hater! lol

Last I heard was at 4PM today from a friend in TX. He said that he wants to play in NY, but Houston is not going to make that decision easy. Less taxes and more money up front. There will be a few more teams come into the mix tonight and I expect a decision from him by the weekend.

id love to see one of these guys go somewhere for less money and a chance to win the SB. Just not the Jets Hanks lol. I understand these guys wanting to make all they can but hes already made a ton of cash. Houston is not going to the SB with or without him. Going to be interesting to see where he lands.

hater! lol

Dude the Jets D would be nasty if they had him but I dont want to see that. We play week 1 haha

Start printing up Jets jerseys with Asomugha on the back....

@AdamSchefter
Filed to ESPN: Texans reach agreement with former Bengals CB Johnathan Joseph on a five-year deal. Nnamdi to Jets looking more likely.

I didn't see this mentioned. The Packers cut Justin Harrell today. And Brady Popinga.

Kevin

The Bears sign Roy Williams and trade Greg Olson.

They get rid of fast tight end and get a slow receiver. I love the Bears.

i really hope the eagles dont sign young as a back up!!

I do! I love seeing other NFC teams making bad decisions.

knowing reid, he will be signed today, just like we released babin, he has one good year, then the eagles bring him back with a big contract.. cause of one year? just stupid

I just skimmed so forgive me if this was already posted but the Falcons signed their top 3 picks, Julio Jones, Jacquizz Rodgers, and Akeem Dent, and resigned Tyson Clabo and Matt Bryant.

I love the Young signing. Andy Reid is a genius with quarterbacks, and who better to teach Young the balance between running and passing than Vick? He can actually hit Jackson with the deep ball, and is a much better option than Kafka in case of injury.

I love the Young signing. Andy Reid is a genius with quarterbacks, and who better to teach Young the balance between running and passing than Vick? He can actually hit Jackson with the deep ball, and is a much better option than Kafka in case of injury.

I wouldnt be so sure about that. Generally in a backup you want a reliable passer who can manage the offense. You get neither in Vince Young.

He is?
I like Reid quite a bit, but I would never thought of that is the label.

He is?
I like Reid quite a bit, but I would never thought of that is the label.

Most definitely. Here's a link...http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ach-andy-reid-is-an-absolute-quarterback-guru

He was the Packers quarterbacks coach before joining the Eagles, and look what he did with our quarterbacks here. AJ Feeley went for a 2nd round pick. Jeff Garcia led us to an improbable playoff run. Kevin Kolb just went for a 2nd and DRC. And of course Mike Vick, who he took from jail to the Pro Bowl.

Most definitely. Here's a link...http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ach-andy-reid-is-an-absolute-quarterback-guru

He was the Packers quarterbacks coach before joining the Eagles, and look what he did with our quarterbacks here. AJ Feeley went for a 2nd round pick. Jeff Garcia led us to an improbable playoff run. Kevin Kolb just went for a 2nd and DRC. And of course Mike Vick, who he took from jail to the Pro Bowl.

Michael Vick was a pro bowl QB before jail. AJ Feeley is a bum and Jeff Garcia was good before he came to Philly.

The Falcons just waived goodbye to Michael Jenkins and Jamaal Anderson. Jenkins never quite lived up to his expectations but I hope they can bring him back on a cheaper deal. Jamaal Anderson was a bust in every sense of the word. He couldnt rush the passer so they had him bulk up and moved him to DT and he couldnt stop the run or rush the passer. So long!

Yeah I am not really sure bleacher report would be considered the most accurate description in my opinion.
All of those things you listed really dont mean QB guru to me anyway.
Kevin Kolb played 5 games for them last year. How did he look? Below average at best to most. Was Donovan this great elite passer? Jeff Garcia also won before and after playing for the Eagles. And lets not forget Mike Vick was a pro bowler and in the playoffs before he murdered dogs too.

Most of what you describe show they have a great front office and GM and handle personnel well.

Yeah I am not really sure bleacher report would be considered the most accurate description in my opinion.
All of those things you listed really dont mean QB guru to me anyway.
Kevin Kolb played 5 games for them last year. How did he look? Below average at best to most. Was Donovan this great elite passer? Jeff Garcia also won before and after playing for the Eagles. And lets not forget Mike Vick was a pro bowler and in the playoffs before he murdered dogs too.

Most of what you describe show they have a great front office and GM and handle personnel well.

LOL see two posts above yours.. You put it much more eloquently though. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back