Ricky Barnes gets ripped off

All his stuff is sponsored and replaceable, which is good. His round today is not though, so he can basically write this week off and any trend or momentum he had going. Stealing another mans gear is the lowest, and whatever he feels fair ought to be up to him when or if they catch the thief.

this still sucks for the guy. even if he gets his clubs for free. im sure he has stuff that can't be replaced some guys have favorite ball markers or stuff like that in their bags and even if its not a lot of money its still sentimental or lucky to them.

I think some are missing the real travesty here:

I'm pretty sure these are the clubs that were stolen :(

Spoiler
i-MB3qn7g-L.jpg

:desire::drool: Wait, what was this thread about again? Oh yeah. That would suck for a pro to get his clubs stolen, it's not like they get them off the rack at any store. I thought they kept backup clubs made up to the same specs for emergencies though.

I hate thieves. I hope Ricky finds this person and presses charges.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Same here, dude. Thieves and liars are the most annoying things to me.

I'm not sure anyone was asking for your sympathy but regardless of if it happens to a hard working single mother or bill gates stealing is just as bad in both cases and both victims have the same right to be upset even If they are getting stuff back for free
Tap tap taparoo

I disagree. There's a giant difference in feeling between someone who had something taken that a) didn't pay for it and b) will have it replaced at no cost and someone who had something taken from them that they paid for and may or may not get replaced. Unfortunately I know as well as anyone that getting robbed really sucks regardless of the circumstances, but there's a huge difference in the feeling/reaction between the above scenerios.

I disagree. There's a giant difference in feeling between someone who had something taken that a) didn't pay for it and b) will have it replaced at no cost and someone who had something taken from them that they paid for and may or may not get replaced. Unfortunately I know as well as anyone that getting robbed really sucks regardless of the circumstances, but there's a huge difference in the feeling/reaction between the above scenerios.

How do you know that?

That really sucks. I've been ripped off before. Nothing gets me more than a thief.

Wow, that's just low. I wonder if he forgot to lock his car, or if they broke in to no alarm. Either way, how does this go unnoticed at a charity event? There's tons of people there.

He will now have a brand new set of clubs that we won't win a tournament with.

Ricky shot a very nice 65 (-5) today after a 2 over 72 yesterday. Nice to see him come back after a bad day with the new clubs.

I think the issue is more than someone would steal his clubs, would be able to steal his clubs and the annoyance of having to get new clubs made. Tour pros are especially particular about their clubs and even if he goes to the W/S tour van and get a full set of clubs that are the exact same specs as his old clubs, they might not feel exactly the same.
Tour pros typically are very hesitate to switch clubs because the ones they have are tweaked so that they feel just right to them.

How do you know that?

I apologize for being so late with this response (haven't been on a computer much lately/wanted to avoid getting sucked into all the immediate tiger hoopla). It's just my feeling that in the scenerio that barnes experienced, he wasn't really deprived of anything. I'm sure there's some trust (for lack of a better term at the moment) lost because that's a natural feeling to get when you've had something like this happen to you, but as we've said he didn't exactly lose anything. What was taken was immediately replaced like it was never gone. To me that's the difference, in the scenerio where your own things that came out of your pocket are taken, that's actual value of yours that's now gone. With what happened with barnes, I don't feel there was ever any real sense of loss there because there was nothing of anything other than possible emotional value (which i'm not underestimating the potential power of) to him that he lost.

I don't want to bring this up to rehash an arguement, just don't want you think I ducked your question.

Back