Taylormade Penta 322

Hmmm, this seems like the perfect ball for me. I absolutely love the current Penta as well, but this new one will suit me better.

So what would be the difference between the 360 penta TP and a penta T with 322 dimples? more/less spin?

So what would be the difference between the 360 penta TP and a penta T with 322 dimples? more/less spin?

Less spin/more distance from the 322. I'll definitely check it out and compare it to the Pro V1x spin wise. I like the overall combination of the spin/distance produced by the Pro V1x, but if I can find something that has comparable spin and distance between the Pro V1 and Pro V1x that would probably be my new ball.

I can't wait to try these!

Yea with the discounted pentas out; knew there had to be oncoming soon.

I really would like a longer penta off the tee, as that is where I need to make up strokes IMO.

This is very interesting news. The penta was a fine ball and all, I just liked my srixon z star x better. The penta spun too much off the tee in comparison. But my friend really liked the Penta, he felt it was somewhere inbetween the ZStar and the Zstar X. (Or the Prov1 and Prov1x if you will)

Yea with the discounted pentas out; knew there had to be oncoming soon.

I really would like a longer penta off the tee, as that is where I need to make up strokes IMO.

You can't tell me they are going to stop making the Penta TP all together. Don't you think they are doing this to compete with the Pro V1x and the Pro V?

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

You can't tell me they are going to stop making the Penta TP all together. Don't you think they are doing this to compete with the Pro V1x and the Pro V?

I hope they continue making this one. While the new one would be my go to ball, there are times that I like to have a ball that spins more, so it'd be great to still have this one to fall back on. I think it's funny that they just sent out lots of trial packs of the old ball as they're coming out with a new one.

If they get rid of the original penta I'll be pretty upset. I like the ball for it's spin but I am interested in the 322 for the distance...can't wait to compare!

Usually you see buy 1 get 1, new ball is coming out. Guess it's buy 2 get 1, but still.

If I am viewing the pictures correctly, the ball on the left is the new Penta 322?? Just making sure..Thx!

This is my thinking. I don't think they will get rid of the original Penta. This new one intrigues me a lot.

Is this a simple dimple layout change or are they changing the compression of the ball as well? I love the current Penta and I am very intrigued by this new ball coming out.

If that's the case I'll give these a whirl for sure. Just think the current Penta spins too much for me and launches a little too high

a penta that would release on a green? sweet

High ball flight is what most golfers should be looking for. With todays Tech you can't hit it to high, Tee it high and let it fly

I love the current Penta for my home course. My home courses greens are hard to hold. I had the chance to play a course with very soft greens this past weekend and I couldn't believe how much I got the ball to check for me on my chips. I didn't think it was too much at all, it just made me love my Pentas even more because I finally felt like i could control the spin even more. I am very interested to try the new one though once it is released.

I love the Penta ball...can't wait to try the new ones.

Can't wait to try these out. Just bought some Pentas yesterday to try out and may switch from my pro v1x balls that I normally use.

Is this a simple dimple layout change or are they changing the compression of the ball as well? I love the current Penta and I am very intrigued by this new ball coming out.

This is exactly what I was about to say, I love the current Penta, and would love to try the 322 if its just a change in dimple pattern, but if its higher compression then its just not for me. I feel I have a swing speed that can compress the Penta, but just.

This is exactly what I was about to say, I love the current Penta, and would love to try the 322 if its just a change in dimple pattern, but if its higher compression then its just not for me. I feel I have a swing speed that can compress the Penta, but just.

We're in agreement about the compression my mounti brother, I really hope they don't firm the core up. From what I've been told it is the same ball with just a dimple change though. Certainly interested in trying them out if I get the chance.

photo3-L.jpg

I am excited to eventually try these out! I love the Penta and think that I would love the 322 version even more!

Come on man, you can't just post a picture like that and not say anything! Are you testing these out right now?

Back