Yani vs. Jack.... REALLY???

Women's... No, better Tour than the LPGA, absolutely, more than one.

Without getting into the whole women vs men thing, we can agree that Jack was a better golfer than Yani.

But the LPGA is the top women's league in the world. If Yani is dominating that, then she is dominating the best players in the world. Just like Jack did.

I will not agree that Jack is/was a better golfer than Yani.

I agree that you can most certainly compare Yani to Jack.

Serious question: is Winn McMurray married?

:doh:

What's that supposed to mean? Yani has won more tournaments and more majors at this age than Jack did. And did it on courses that were as long as the courses Jack played.

But the LPGA is the top women's league in the world. If Yani is dominating that, then she is dominating the best players in the world. Just like Jack did.

I will not agree that Jack is/was a better golfer than Yani.

She is not dominating the best players in the world, she's dominating the LPGA, are you really saying the LPGA is at the same level than the PGA?

Let's agree to disagree then... It's good to have different view points!

She is not dominating the best players in the world, she's dominating the LPGA, are you really saying the LPGA is at the same level than the PGA?

I would think comparatively speaking, the LPGA has the best players in the world. They are just the best women players instead of male players. It sounds this is just turning into a men are better than women argument.

The PGA and the LPGA are both the top professional golf leagues in this world. They are just designed for different genders. I don't believe that Bob Knights wins are more impressive than Pat Summitt's.

And the LPGA now is just as tough as the PGA was in the 60s.

The PGA and the LPGA are both the top professional golf leagues in this world. They are just designed for different genders. I don't believe that Bob Knights wins are more impressive than Pat Summitt's.

Absurd.

And not just because I'm a Hoosier.

Absurd.

And not just because I'm a Hoosier.

Do wins in Mens leagues mean more than wins in Women's leagues?

Do wins in Mens leagues mean more than wins in Women's leagues?

I'm not gonna derail this thread but if you wanna say the current LPGA fields are equivalent to the PGA in Jack's era then go ahead, I'm not knowledgeable enough about either to debate (although I'd think the PGA would still be tougher). Now, basketball is not even close. The women are just now getting some level of parity.

I'm not gonna derail this thread but if you wanna say the current LPGA fields are equivalent to the PGA in Jack's era then go ahead, I'm not knowledgeable enough about either to debate (although I'd think the PGA would still be tougher)

How would the PGA be tougher? How are they not equivalent? Still a collection of the best golfers in the world competeting to win a major.

If Yani wins more than Jack, then IMHO Yani > Jack. Yani could also beat any one of us on this forum from any set of tees I do believe.

[FONT=&quot]The discussion of Yani Vs Jack’s in some type of head to head competition is absurd. Using that same argument TW and probable a handful of the current players would also be able to beat Jack. But that doesn’t make them better than Jack. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We measure the great ones w/ how many wins they have and how they perform in Majors. The pace at which Yani is winning her Majors and dominating the field is as impressive, if not more impressive than Jack's run. Yes, she is playing in the LPGA but she is competing against the best in her field. The true test will be longevity and whether she can keep it up for the next 5-10 years. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The discussion of Yani Vs Jack’s in some type of head to head competition is absurd. Using that same argument TW and probable a handful of the current players would also be able to beat Jack. But that doesn’t make them better than Jack. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We measure the great ones w/ how many wins they have and how they perform in Majors. The pace at which Yani is winning her Majors and dominating the field is as impressive, if not more impressive than Jack's run. Yes, she is playing in the LPGA but she is competing against the best in her field. The true test will be longevity and whether she can keep it up for the next 5-10 years. [/FONT]

Fantastic Post

If Yani wins more than Jack, then IMHO Yani > Jack. Yani could also beat any one of us on this forum from any set of tees I do believe.

The ability to beat people on a forum is not really a convincing argument. Any golfer on the PGA, LPGA, Senior Tour, Nationwide Tour, etc could smoke any one of us.

Whoa, I agree with you about the golf argument, but totally disagree about his one. Bob knights wins are MUCH more impressive than Pat Summits.

The ability to beat people on a forum is not really a convincing argument. Any golfer on the PGA, LPGA, Senior Tour, Nationwide Tour, etc could smoke any one of us.

And they have.

It was just a silly lead in. More importantly Winn McMurray is just sexy!

Exactly. Half the time, I just mute the television, and watch.

Haha. It was not an argument, but a statement of perspective. I think we might be debating something we can't really understand because we don't compete at that level. I wonder what the consensus on the tours is if they were asked this question?

Edit: Jake, Hanks and I got to meet Win McMurray and we got our pictures with her. She was very cool. I don't know if my picture with her exists anywhere anymore. It was taken on a THP Camera.

I find it a little offensive that the Golf Channel talking heads even brought this up when clearly the focus should be on Tiger's return. He's the one chasing Jack's record. They should be talking about him, not some girl because she's won a couple tournaments.

Kevin

A couple tournaments? Really? :wtf:

she is only 22... what male golfer was more dominant at that age in this era? tiger? no
jack was 25 and tiger was 24 when they had 4 majors
pga tour avg driving distance is only 20yds farther than her avg
wiki says jacks avg driving disance was 6yds farther than yani... 275/jack 269/yani

its not about sex? then whats the argument?
the longest guys on tour? they arent winning at this pace
you do realize there are girls in the LPGA that pop drives over 300 right?
and you do realize there are many many guys on tour that are "short knockers"
i still say its about getting the ball into the hole in the least amt of shots possible
we have jr members at my course that i wouldnt play straight up even from the same teebox as im on
just because they arent adults/male/blah blah blah doesnt mean they arent good golfers regardless of age/gender/tour/course/teebox/etc
as of right now... shes the most dominant golfer on the planet

what about the euro tour? about 5 yrs ago you couldnt even compare... now they are the dominant tour
oh wait they are in europe so they dont really count either

what about the euro tour? about 5 yrs ago you couldnt even compare... now they are the dominant tour
oh wait they are in europe so they dont really count either

Couldn't agree more. A Euro or two win a couple tournaments and suddenly they're the best? Not hardly no way man. Tiger shot a 68 today. Won't be long and everyone will be saying Euro who?

Kevin

Back