Adams Redline Irons Review

I only hit the T2 in the hybrids and can't say that I really liked it. However, it was a bit stout for me. I would love to try it in a lower flex.

I have no doubt that you gained that much distance. These are as long as any iron on the market right now. I love the feel too. I've thought about what it was going to be like when I went to a different iron (due to testing, etc). I don't think there's ever a 'softer' iron than this one.

What sort of ball flight were you getting with the graphite?

Hawk, anyone else who has hit or own these...

Have a few questions...

Anyone tried the Attas T2 Graphite shafts with these?

How are these not in my possession?

WOW. I gained a full club and the feel/sound was off the charts. I hit the graphite shafted ones and was extremely impressed. Thoughts?

Yoccos, is that a full club gain over your Razr X's?

They are so freaking soft in both sound/feel. I couldn't believe it. I was able to tell on mishits too. :)

I was seeing a nice high ballflight, much like I see from my irons now but with less spin (even comparing 6i Razr to 7i Redline). The only thing is there was a lot more mustard on it. Looked like the Attas T2 driver shaft (which may go in the Razr Hawk), steady rise but just a rocket.

I only hit the T2 in the hybrids and can't say that I really liked it. However, it was a bit stout for me. I would love to try it in a lower flex.

I have no doubt that you gained that much distance. These are as long as any iron on the market right now. I love the feel too. I've thought about what it was going to be like when I went to a different iron (due to testing, etc). I don't think there's ever a 'softer' iron than this one.

What sort of ball flight were you getting with the graphite?

It sure was! I was hitting around 170 (carry) with the 7i sometimes a bit more (5 or more yards). I would love more time to dail them in.

The mishits were 160 carry. To give you an idea that 7i redline mishit is a clean shot with the Razr X 7i on an extremely good day.

Yoccos, is that a full club gain over your Razr X's?

That's some great information, Yoccos. I'm not surprised that these don't get much attention (due to marketing), but they are my favorite iron of 2011 by far (far-far) and I've hit almost all of them.

They are so freaking soft in both sound/feel. I couldn't believe it. I was able to tell on mishits too. :)

I was seeing a nice high ballflight, much like I see from my irons now but with less spin (even comparing 6i Razr to 7i Redline). The only thing is there was a lot more mustard on it. Looked like the Attas T2 driver shaft (which may go in the Razr Hawk), steady rise but just a rocket.

It sure was! I was hitting around 170 (carry) with the 7i sometimes a bit more (5 or more yards). I would love more time to dail them in.

The mishits were 160 carry. To give you an idea that 7i redline mishit is a clean shot with the Razr X 7i on an extremely good day.

Very interesting feedback. Any chance you can hit the steel shaft as well to compare feel? I am really curious about these and there is no way I will find steel and graphite in the same store (or at all) being a lefty....

I've hit the steel before (borrowed some shots from Hawk at the outing) and the feel off the face of the iron itself is really similar. I didn't notice a difference there really.

The difference throughout the swing was not too noticable. I think because the stock steel shafts weigh only a little more than the graphite (7s) I was hitting. I can say though, graphite is much easier on the wrists in terms of club to ground impact. Overall though, for my swing I felt the graphite was just a touch smoother feeling. I'm actually a really big fan of the Attas T2 shaft and I got a similar feeling with the iron shaft.

Very interesting feedback. Any chance you can hit the steel shaft as well to compare feel? I am really curious about these and there is no way I will find steel and graphite in the same store (or at all) being a lefty....

I've hit the steel before (borrowed some shots from Hawk at the outing) and the feel off the face of the iron itself is really similar. I didn't notice a difference there really.

The difference throughout the swing was not too noticable. I think because the stock steel shafts weigh only a little more than the graphite (7s) I was hitting. I can say though, graphite is much easier on the wrists in terms of club to ground impact. Overall though, for my swing I felt the graphite was just a touch smoother feeling. I'm actually a really big fan of the Attas T2 shaft and I got a similar feeling with the iron shaft.

Thanks again for the feedback. Really want to hit these before I make a move on the RXT's.

I was really just eyeballing some RXT's (if at all, I'm in lust with the RX's) but these have seriously raised some OEM type questions.

That's some great information, Yoccos. I'm not surprised that these don't get much attention (due to marketing), but they are my favorite iron of 2011 by far (far-far) and I've hit almost all of them.

You should definitely take a look. See above haha. My head would explode if Iwere forced to make a choice now.

Thanks again for the feedback. Really want to hit these before I make a move on the RXT's.

Doug, you definitely have to try them out.

I was really just eyeballing some RXT's (if at all, I'm in lust with the RX's) but these have seriously raised some OEM type questions.

You should definitely take a look. See above haha. My head would explode if Iwere forced to make a choice now.

Well, you guys have me convinced that these are a must hit. Plus, just looked at Golf Galaxy's website and see that they have a $100 gift card promo right now. I like that...

You should come to Arizona. With the Redlines. HAHAHAHA.

I agree Doug, they are different irons but worth seeing which one fits you best.

You should come to Arizona. With the Redlines. HAHAHAHA.

I agree Doug, they are different irons but worth seeing which one fits you best.

My main hesitation at this point is the hybrid in the set. I already know I am not a fan of those. Wondering if I could get a 4I through gap instead...

Not that I was looking but yes, yes you can. At least for righties. I would think that shouldn't be a problem for you.

My main hesitation at this point is the hybrid in the set. I already know I am not a fan of those. Wondering if I could get a 4I through gap instead...

Not that I was looking but yes, yes you can. At least for righties. I would think that shouldn't be a problem for you.

Good to know. That bumped them up the list even further...

Good to know. That bumped them up the list even further...

Check out their website. They have all the options listed- I think there are over 30. I would probably go 5 thru GW for my game.

Posted via Tapatalk

Hawker- how have these irons helped your game the most? distance? accuracy? both?

Hawker- how have these irons helped your game the most? distance? accuracy? both?

Tough to say b/c I feel like I'm longer and more accurate than I've ever been.

It would probably be the distance. I'm hitting an 8 iron with complete confidence from 140-150 yards right now. That's changed my game in a huge way.

That's nice! And even if you club down in that QC wind you're still hitting a manageable 7i for that same distance. Good stuff

Tough to say b/c I feel like I'm longer and more accurate than I've ever been.

It would probably be the distance. I'm hitting an 8 iron with complete confidence from 140-150 yards right now. That's changed my game in a huge way.

That's nice! And even if you club down in that QC wind you're still hitting a manageable 7i for that same distance. Good stuff

That's very true. I am using the shorter irons far more often and it's nice.

Check out their website. They have all the options listed- I think there are over 30. I would probably go 5 thru GW for my game.

Posted via Tapatalk

This might be my best bet as well since I think I have finally found hybrids that I like.

A BIN of $639 so out of my range for sure... buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut thats way cheaper than retail...

Oh man. I can't go there, but how much?

This might be my best bet as well since I think I have finally found hybrids that I like.

I wish I had the 5 iron at times and I really want that GW. It would nicely fill in a full shot gap that I have right now.

A BIN of $639 so out of my range for sure... buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut thats way cheaper than retail...

I bet that drops $150 within a few months man.

Yoccos, not that much cheaper than retail. Promo now is $100 gift card. Throw a coupon on top of that and it is about even.

Back