Northeast Golf Get Together Late Summer/Early Fall 2011

MaryC

Lady of Leisure
Reaction score
Handicap
Back9 Beer
I'm starting getting ready to put together a little get together for THPers for the Northeast folks as promised.

Before I start planning this, I want to know:

A. Are you interested in a 1 day meet/play or a 2 day stay and play (stay in a certain hotel or hotels close to each other and play two different courses on Saturday and Sunday)

B. How much per round are you willing to play, including cart:
- Less than $35
- Between $35 - $45
- Up to $60

C. What is most important to you
- Having fun playing golf with fellow THPers
- Playing a challenging course
- Playing golf with golfers at similar level

D. If you do "Stay and Play" how much is are you willing to pay for hotel room per night
- Less than $75
- Between $75 - $90
- Between $90 - $125

E. Which weekend would you be willing play
- Sept 17 - 18
- Sept 24 - 25
- Oct 1-2

Right now, I'm looking at Western MA as the location as it is easy for Boston, NH, VT, CT, RI, and Eastern NY to get to on major highways.

I'm also going to be planning another get together for the PA/DE/MD/E. Ohio/WV/DC area like we just had last weekend (see the PA Thread) for sometime in late October so if none of these dates work for you and you feel like driving to the Reading, PA area you will be welcome there as always.

A. Are you interested in a 1 day meet/play or a 2 day stay and play (stay in a certain hotel or hotels close to each other and play two different courses on Saturday and Sunday)
1 day please. Unless the two day is between $35-$45

- Less than $35
- Between $35 - $45
- Up to $60

Up to $60

Having Fun

D. If you do "Stay and Play" how much is are you willing to pay for hotel room per night
- Less than $75
- Between $75 - $90
- Between $90 - $125

N/A

- Sept 17 - 18
- Sept 24 - 25
- Oct 1-2

Which ever is cheapest.

Thanks Mary!

I'm starting getting ready to put together a little get together for THPers for the Northeast folks as promised.

- Less than $35
- Between $35 - $45
- Up to $60
Who cares I'll get Dean to pay:tongue: Haha just kidding Between $35-45

- Less than $75
- Between $75 - $90
- Between $90 - $125
- Sept 17 - 18 Sorry the weekend of our wedding:joy:
- Sept 24 - 25
- Oct 1-2 Weekend of a friends wedding

Right now, I'm looking at Western MA as the location as it is easy for Boston, NH, VT, CT, RI, and Eastern NY to get to on major highways.

I'm also going to be planning another get together for the PA/DE/MD/E. Ohio/WV/DC area like we just had last weekend (see the PA Thread) for sometime in late October so if none of these dates work for you and you feel like driving to the Reading, PA area you will be welcome there as always.

This year has just been crazy for ddec and I here hoping we can get in some golf between weddings.

My answers are in bold below. Unfortunately, the only weekend that I have free is October 1-2, and my wife has been hinting at a trip during that weekend. I'll update you if I can't play that weekend.

- Less than $35
- Between $35 - $45
- Up to $60

- Less than $75
- Between $75 - $90
- Between $90 - $125

- Sept 17 - 18
- Sept 24 - 25
- Oct 1-2

Dang didn't even see this thread. I may possibly be interested. Just have to see how much money I have left once we close on our house.

Price is price so no big deal there. A one day would be great to save on some dough. The only weekend I wouldn't be able to is Oct 1-2.

Answers in bold. Thanks in advance for setting this up!

1 day meet

- Less than $35
- Between $35 - $45
- Up to $60

- Less than $75
- Between $75 - $90
- Between $90 - $125
N/A

- Sept 17 - 18
- Sept 24 - 25
- Oct 1-2

Last edited:
Could be up for something, answers in bold below.

- Less than $35
- Between $35 - $45
- Up to $60

- Less than $75
- Between $75 - $90
- Between $90 - $125

- Sept 17 - 18
- Sept 24 - 25
- Oct 1-2

[FONT=&quot]My preferences:

A. 1 day meet/play
B. Up to $60
C. Having fun playing golf with fellow THPers and playing a challenging course
D. NA
E. None of those dates work for me but if things change I may be available

Thanks for setting this up MaryC![/FONT]

Bump. Trying to get feel for intrest by Sept 2nd so Flooder &I can finish planning by Sept 16 & give folks plenty of notice

We're due for another baby late August/early September but if all goes well I'll be in for the October date.
A. 1 day

B. up to $60

C. Having fun playing golf with fellow THPers

D. N/A

E. Oct 1-2

Bump

Trying to get responses by 1st of Sept to finalize the get together so we can give folks plenty of notice

bumpity, bump, bump

Relatively new here, but might be interested in this.

My votes would be for 1 day, up to $60, mostly for fun. Don't have a specific date preference.

Final Bump folks!

I'll be tallying up the info on Monday, Sept 4 (Labor Day) and posting the date/length of the Fall New England/Northeast Play Golf with your fellow THPers.

I would probably vote for one day, challenging course is a must + fun of course;), best weekend would be Oct 1-2

i'm new here, and do not know anybody, but always eager to meet new people. I live in WMass, and could help give some feedback on course choices.

Let me know if you woild like to talk.

OK Everyone here are the results of the query about the Fall Get Together for some golf probably in the Springfield or Worcester, MA area (depending on course we choose)!

Based on the responses from folks that had a clear preference for either a 2 day play and stay or a 1 day get together to golf, it will officially be a 1 day get together, taking place on the weekend of October 1 - 2 (exact date to finalized). We will be playing a course that is between $35 - $45 including cart. We'll be getting morning tee times that will allow us to play a full 18 holes and then be able to drive home before it gets super dark, probably around 9am or so.

Now, I know some folks don't live within an hour or two of either Springfield or Worcester. Once the final date and the course are picked, feel free to find a hotel close to the course that you would like to stay. If there are several of you in this situation, I would suggest you "talk amongst yourselves" and figure out if you want to get together early, meet up play a round or have dinner the night before together. I'll be leaving those arrangements for those of you who need to do that to make.

So, to recap, this is going to be a 1 Day Get Together taking place in either the Springfield, MA or Worcester, MA area on either Saturday Oct 1 or Sunday Oct 2.

If you have a preference for either of those days and/or some course suggestions in those two areas, please let me know pretty quick so we can finalize this in the next week.

Thanks everyone and really looking forward to teeing it up with the folks I know already and some of the new folks for this one!

Have fun everyone! Nerfny and I will not be able to attend that weekend.
I know Arydolphin and I played a course called The Ranch outside of Springfield that was fun with plenty of challenges.

The Ranch is a very nice course, but Oct 1/2 is still "peak", so greens fees are $110 on the weekend. After October 10th they drop to $70.

I'd prefer a mid Saturday/Sunday morning in Worcester area, so I wouldn't have to get up too early to make the drive. :)

I'm in for either day and I don't care where or how early. :D

The Ranch is a very nice course, but Oct 1/2 is still "peak", so greens fees are $110 on the weekend. After October 10th they drop to $70.

Thanks for the suggestion! Looks like a nice course.

But since the majority of responses were for the weekend of the 1-2 and to play a course with fees between $35-45 a round I'll file The Ranch for another gathering.

I'd prefer a mid Saturday/Sunday morning in Worcester area, so I wouldn't have to get up too early to make the drive. :)

Will do my best to get tee times as late as we can and still play together & have enough daylight to get 18 in.

Crumpin fox is 20 minutes north of springfield. hard to find a nicer coure than the Fox!

Back