Shot Scope X5 Watch

Any suggestions when the app won’t connect to the watch?

Any suggestions when the app won’t connect to the watch?
I had that happen with mine last week I had to restart my phone and that seemed to fix my issue

I had that happen with mine last week I had to restart my phone and that seemed to fix my issue
Just restart or the hard restart thing?

Why would the watch show 265 on the course and when I sync the round the app is showing 279 for this same drive?IMG_3857.jpegIMG_3862.jpeg

Interested from all how the white band holds up? Sweat, staining etc

CPO sure produces a lot of extra picked up shots
Try holding the club(s) in your non-watch hand, or close to the hosel until you start your pre-shot routine at the ball so that the tag doesn't get recognized by the watch too soon.

Why would the watch show 265 on the course and when I sync the round the app is showing 279 for this same drive?
If the tee mapping was a little off and you didn't tee off from an area actually mapped as a tee area, when editing, the shot could have been moved onto a mapped tee box. Check to see if that is actually where you teed off from and adjust accordingly. Also, just a guess, but when the GPS position is recorded and placed on a course map, the calculated distance is just different from using live GPS signals?

Try holding the club(s) in your non-watch hand, or close to the hosel until you start your pre-shot routine at the ball so that the tag doesn't get recognized by the watch too soon.

If the tee mapping was a little off and you didn't tee off from an area actually mapped as a tee area, when editing, the shot could have been moved onto a mapped tee box. Check to see if that is actually where you teed off from and adjust accordingly. Also, just a guess, but when the GPS position is recorded and placed on a course map, the calculated distance is just different from using live GPS signals?
Received this great reply from Cameron at ShotScope. I was able to log out, log in and sync the course. We’ll see Weds IMG_3900.jpeg

Round 4 with my X5 in the books today. I have to say I am very disappointed with the number of shots missed. And, the putt locations are no where close. Maybe I don't know how to use the putting function but, after I hole the putt and I'm standing next to the hole, I press the check mark.

Did I read somewhere that maybe a hard reset of the watch might help?

I did the hard reset and it seemed to help my missed shots.

Still having a big issue with putting. I do putt left hand low so I suspect the putter sensor is not getting picked up. I've read through this thread to find answers but no definitive answer on how to handle this, other than specifically tapping the band before each putt. Maybe someday that will become second nature but, for now, I don't remember to tap.

Any other suggestions on how to handle the putting sensing?

I did the hard reset and it seemed to help my missed shots.

Still having a big issue with putting. I do putt left hand low so I suspect the putter sensor is not getting picked up. I've read through this thread to find answers but no definitive answer on how to handle this, other than specifically tapping the band before each putt. Maybe someday that will become second nature but, for now, I don't remember to tap.

Any other suggestions on how to handle the putting sensing?
Change to manual mode and make it part of your routine.

Does anyone know if Shotscope is thinking of putting the functionality of the X5 in a watch the size of the G5? Beside some missed shots and not managing the putts very well, my only complaint is the watch is pretty small.

On some holes where the greens are under maintenance and we have temp green, the watch obviously does not go into the putt mode/screen. Any way to get to that screen and 'finish' that hole?

On some holes where the greens are under maintenance and we have temp green, the watch obviously does not go into the putt mode/screen. Any way to get to that screen and 'finish' that hole?
You should be able to go into the menu and get to the putting screen.

From the user manual.

You can add the amount of putts you took on a hole by navigating to the ‘Scorecard’ section in game mode or by tapping the score to par icon on the main yardages page if you have scoring selected. You will need to select what hole and then enter the amount of putts.
If you do forget all together, you can add the pin position in editing and move your putts as required.

For those discussing practice swings and the club detection, I have been known to grab a club which gets detected by the watch and then before hitting I switch clubs. In my experience as long as the watch picks up the last club I used (ie. the one I wound up hitting) before I move away from where I took the shot I've never had an issue with it showing the wrong club or adding extra strokes. Your experience may vary.

I'm looking forward to hearing/seeing more about the new X5. This could be the year that I finally buy one.

I'm looking forward to hearing/seeing more about the new X5.
Same. The upgrades shown in pictures in the PGA show thread look exciting

really can't wait until we get more info about the updated X5

Back