Let's talk about swing speed.

The mobilty work I’ve been doing this year has helped me swing better. Was shocked I topped 100 with you without a ton of warmup.

Probably good to add some of that with your balance and strength work.

For a guy trying to simulate a turn without knowing how to, it could be an interesting adventure.

The way he talks, the turn should come naturally.
Well, you know I'm going to video it all and share it here on THP so at least we'll all be laughing together. :ROFLMAO:

The mobilty work I’ve been doing this year has helped me swing better. Was shocked I topped 100 with you without a ton of warmup.

Yeah you were swinging it very fast the other day. If we could work out your AoA you'd be hitting absolute bombs off the tee.

Yeah you were swinging it very fast the other day. If we could work out your AoA you'd be hitting absolute bombs off the tee.
Shocked Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

I forgot to mention that every morning since the start of the year I've been doing some kind of Yoga or mobility work for 10-15 minutes. For the past couple of weeks, it's been hip opener-type stuff from Tom Morrison that @McLovin pointed me to.

I'm nothing if not VERY COMMITTED to this so I know I can do this if I figure out what the hell I need to do.

This is a great point. You'll be amazed at how much the range of motion can help with your swing, and I assume, your swing speed.

I just watched a few of your Insta swings @That post - refresher course, naturally.
I'm not entirely convinced that you don't rotate. That said, I think we could explore a couple things..

1- There is an argument flying around lately that hip activation should start forward before the backswing is done, not 'as' or 'after' the downswing has begun.
2- What about your swing saws off your follow through? Rather than flowing through, it sort of wraps and then puts the brakes on.

Not going to armchair coach your movements, but one of the big things for me is ball training. You can speed train and get fast but at some point you have to apply it to a golf ball. And get comfortable swinging at a golf ball with things you've learned to do faster. There's lots of good systems to gain speed. There aren't a lot for the mental barriers over a golf ball and translating speed to course. So I encourage you at points along the way to hit the range and spend some time going absolutely apesh*t on an actual golf ball.

Not going to armchair coach your movements, but one of the big things for me is ball training. You can speed train and get fast but at some point you have to apply it to a golf ball. And get comfortable swinging at a golf ball with things you've learned to do faster. There's lots of good systems to gain speed. There aren't a lot for the mental barriers over a golf ball and translating speed to course. So I encourage you at points along the way to hit the range and spend some time going absolutely apesh*t on an actual golf ball.
The videos he shares will be a lot less entertaining if he does this, though...

Why are you trying to rob us (pun intended) of our February entertainment!?

I just watched a few of your Insta swings @That post - refresher course, naturally.
I'm not entirely convinced that you don't rotate. That said, I think we could explore a couple things..

1- There is an argument flying around lately that hip activation should start forward before the backswing is done, not 'as' or 'after' the downswing has begun.
2- What about your swing saws off your follow through? Rather than flowing through, it sort of wraps and then puts the brakes on.
1. I just got done watching the whole video you linked a few minutes ago. I think that kind of explores this concept as well. I like the idea of the feels they are talking about and I'm going to mess around with those feels of dropping my ass straight into the ground before the downswing.

2. Control. I have an issue with trying to guide the ball and I think that not completing a swing gives me the illusion of being more in control. It's that thing I talked about in my first post about tensing up.

@OldandStiff doesn’t appreciate the 28 days we are about to face down 😂

Um.. I beg to differ on both of those points. I feel like if there's any recipe for someone hitting a golf ball backwards or into themselves on YouTube, this is it. 😆

1. I just got done watching the whole video you linked a few minutes ago. I think that kind of explores this concept as well. I like the idea of the feels they are talking about and I'm going to mess around with those feels of dropping my ass straight into the ground before the downswing.
I’m bringing a strobe light to SGN so we can get proper club themed clips of you dropping it low

Um.. I beg to differ on both of those points. I feel like if there's any recipe for someone hitting a golf ball backwards or into themselves on YouTube, this is it. 😆
Who needs a tree root when you can fat a driver to pop the ball into your face

Yep, this is a great point and it's something I've found really affects me. I can swing it free and swing it fast but the second I put a ball down my lizard brain stops swinging free and fast and instead I swing hard and at the ball instead of thru it. It's the reason why my follow-through is abbreviated and I 'recoil' and the reason my left lower back ALWAYS feels like it's going to break in half by May.

Last year it was hitting myself with wedges. This year could totally be hitting myself with a golf ball. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

#anything_for_the_content

Do this. Try and swing smooth. Think slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

Also most dump any power potential about .2 seconds into the down swing. Take your driver, find a towel (dish towel’ish, not bath towel) or some kind of medium long fabric. Could be an old t shirt. You can swing the towel with a knot down at the other end or Tie it to your driver down by the head. To goal or feel is to havel the towel or shirt whip on in front of you. Not down at the ground.

Last year it was hitting myself with wedges. This year could totally be hitting myself with a golf ball. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

#anything_for_the_content
Pray Game Show GIF by ABC Network

2. Control. I have an issue with trying to guide the ball and I think that not completing a swing gives me the illusion of being more in control. It's that thing I talked about in my first post about tensing up.
Okay, so I'm trying to type what I am thinking, but the idea of 'loading' a swing as part of the move is sort of a natural arms chase concept.. Kind of like throwing a baseball, you need the ball chasing the elbow kind of thing. I found a video that I think explores it visually enough to simulate what I am talking about, and I want you to compare his hip time timing to yours from video you have.

Please don't take any of these videos as gospel, I'm just having fun haha

Do this. Try and swing smooth. Think slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

Also most dump any power potential about .2 seconds into the down swing. Take your driver, find a towel (dish towel’ish, not bath towel) or some kind of medium long fabric. Could be an old t shirt. You can swing the towel with a knot down at the other end or Tie it to your driver down by the head. To goal or feel is to havel the towel or shirt whip on in front of you. Not down at the ground.
Thanks! I got some of those kinds of towels in the warehouse area at work. I'll take it to the conference room and tie it to a driver. That already sounds like good content. I'm sure it'll be a riot.

Seriously though I know you swing it fast and I appreciate your insight here and will be giving it a shot.

Spiral lines to float load… I’m fasciated to see where we go next 😃

(and honestly excited to put some of these thoughts to test soon, maybe even tomorrow if it’s not a swamp out)

Thanks! I got some of those kinds of towels in the warehouse area at work. I'll take it to the conference room and tie it to a driver. That already sounds like good content. I'm sure it'll be a riot.

Seriously though I know you swing it fast and I appreciate your insight here and will be giving it a shot.
This is the perfect size.

image.jpg

Spiral lines to float load… I’m fasciated to see where we go next 😃

(and honestly excited to put some of these thoughts to test soon, maybe even tomorrow if it’s not a swamp out)
You better quit sassing me ghost chaser dog.

Back